• really is a small world

Wink Is Club 33 Phone Booth From Happiest Millionaire?

I recently returned from Club 33. I wrote about the Club on my blog and posted a video.

Club 33 Disneyland Visit. Quite Amazing.

A couple of people commented on Twitter and said that the phone booth in the club wasn't actually from the movie the Happiest Millionaire and that it was just similar.

Everyone who I talked to at the club had said that it was just refurbished before it was added. Anyone know for sure?
    Welcome to DisneyDose.com. We write about the latest in Disney news, views, and reviews. Come check us out.

We recently spent 3 Epic hours in Disneyland and went to Club 33, had a private elevator in the Haunted Mansion, and rode all of our favorite attractions. Read all about it!

"It is kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

• Down Pluto!

Re: Is Club 33 Phone Booth From Happiest Millionaire?

According to more than one tour guide - it is.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    According to more than one tour guide - it is.
    That is what I had heard as well. Any members on MiceChat that want to set the story strait?
    Welcome to DisneyDose.com. We write about the latest in Disney news, views, and reviews. Come check us out.

We recently spent 3 Epic hours in Disneyland and went to Club 33, had a private elevator in the Haunted Mansion, and rode all of our favorite attractions. Read all about it!

-Walt Disney

• "I don't like the color"

I dunno, looks like the phone booth in THM has it's handle on the right side as well as a different panel below the glass.
    The trim on the tops of the booths are also different:

Publicity shot from the movie:
    Name:  HMPB.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  171.6 KB

And the booth in Club 33:
    Name:  33phonebooth.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  36.1 KB
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

I love the publicity shot. They do look similar enough to have just been redone and still be the same phone booth. Do you mind if I add those images to the article?

-Walt Disney

I just wrote an article on the topic after figuring out the answer on the Disney Parks Blog. I also have a comparison photo seen in the article here.

-Walt Disney

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

The Leaded Glass pattern is a match, but the rest of the booth is just different enough in several details of the woodwork and hardware (door handle placement, panel over door, panel inset in door, etc.) that I'm calling Shenanigans.

If they had the publicity photo to work from, there's no excuse in duplicating the glass and not getting the rest a lot closer. I'm betting that even if they started with the original Movie Prop it wasn't very well built, expected to be a set piece only. They do that a lot, no sense spending thousands on fancy joinery when the whole thing is trashed when the filming wraps.

So they made a phone booth cabinet that would last a while under actual use - salvaged the leaded glass and started over fresh with everything else.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1