Movie Premiere Setup

So me and my fiancé are headed to DLR for our honeymoon in a couple weeks and will be there right around the premiere of Lone Ranger. I was curious as to when they set up their red carpet stuff and how intrusive it is to the theming...

We arrive on the 18th and leave on the 23rd, and I am super excited to see Buena vista street without that junk all over it. Any insight from past pirates premieres or knowledge is greatly appreciated

Re: Movie Premiere Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Sifferz View Post
    We arrive on the 18th and leave on the 23rd, and I am super excited to see Buena vista street without that junk all over it. Any insight from past pirates premieres or knowledge is greatly appreciated
    Unfortunately, you'll likely bear much of the infrastructure and crowd-control woes of this premier. Previous events for Pirates at Disneyland have led to some crowd control issues but much of the infrastructure (with the exception of the seating and theater itself) were only in place day of or day before.

With Lone Ranger, we'll be seeing a movie premiere in a park that hasn't hosted on before, so the exact impact is hard to predict. Also, the Hyperion theater (host of the event) is enclosed and already exists, so the impact should be smaller, but it is hard to be certain.

The best thing you've probably got going for you is that the Hyperion is closer to the front of the park that Rivers of America so the overall length of red carpet is reduced.
    I worked at Walt Disney World as a member of the Disney College Program in Spring 2008 and Summer 2010. Now, I build software, design live events, and frequently make the short trek from Costa Mesa to Disneyland with my Annual Passport in hand.

• Yearning for Disneyland

Do you think they will re-open the gates by Soarin' for non-premiere crowds? The way I see it, if they did that then you could quite comfortably avoid the madness all together by avoiding the whole Buena Vista St. and Hollywoodland area all together.

...and just a little bit of pixie dust!
    http://www.spareoom.net

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I was in the Park when they were setting up for the Pirates thing. The River was closed as they were setting up massive bleachers around the same area of Fantasmic. We were gone before the actual event, but the only thing it impacted for us was not being able to ride the Mark Twain or Canoes or Columbia.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!