Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    • Tinkerbell's Place
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Loomis, California, United States
    Posts
    47

    Red Face Any projected date of reopening of Market House?

    I saw on Disney Blog about the closure was truly bummed since I was there in February and didn't spend time in Market House or Disneyanna. I shopped both these locations as well as loved listening in on current gossip (old school party lines phones) & and many times of sitting there watching parents play checkers near old stove. I am glad that according to Erin Glover the old party line phones,checkers,and stove will remain. Will it still be called Market House?? I very much hope so!!! Also I'm there in August for D23 Expo will it be open yet?? Also for Disneyanna it is a shame to see that name leave its current location I have many memories of it one of them during d23 2009 late after park close walking by and seeing Nicholas Cage inside making purchases. I love my Starbucks but I do love my main street as it is.

  2. #2

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    467

    Re: Any projected date of reopening of Market House?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell2006 View Post
    I saw on Disney Blog about the closure was truly bummed since I was there in February and didn't spend time in Market House or Disneyanna. I shopped both these locations as well as loved listening in on current gossip (old school party lines phones) & and many times of sitting there watching parents play checkers near old stove. I am glad that according to Erin Glover the old party line phones,checkers,and stove will remain. Will it still be called Market House?? I very much hope so!!! Also I'm there in August for D23 Expo will it be open yet?? Also for Disneyanna it is a shame to see that name leave its current location I have many memories of it one of them during d23 2009 late after park close walking by and seeing Nicholas Cage inside making purchases. I love my Starbucks but I do love my main street as it is.
    Market House is re-opening this fall, serving Starbucks products. The free coffee refills that Market House offered will be gone. They haven't announced the exact re-opening date to my knowledge. The store will keep the same general country stone feel, but whether they keep the name Market House or not remains to be seen. Disneyana is joining the Disney Gallery space from what I have heard.

  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    57

    Re: Any projected date of reopening of Market House?

    It was my understanding that it will be called Starbucks, but I could be wrong....and I hope I am, in this case. Corporate partnership has always been a part of Disneyland, but to actually CALL it "Starbucks" would be too much. After all...there's already a Starbucks on every other corner in the "real world" as it is! Perhaps "Market House, Sponsored By Starbucks". That would be the acceptable norm.
    I saw that they recently opened one in DCA. It's on Buena Vista street in PF&P Bakery and Cafe but they feature Starbucks beverages which is OK, I guess, and the word "Starbucks is prominently displayed on the building.

  4. #4

    • Olé! Olé! It's Showtime!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sunny Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    324

    Re: Any projected date of reopening of Market House?

    Quote Originally Posted by KM63 View Post
    It was my understanding that it will be called Starbucks, but I could be wrong....and I hope I am, in this case.
    Well, the Fiddler, Fifer, & Practical Cafe isn't called Starbucks, nor is it called FF&P Cafe Featuring Starbucks. They simply serve Starbucks products and there's a logo by the doors.
    Same for the new location in WDW, it's still called the Main Street Bakery.
    So I'd say that the chances are good that we'll get the Market House name back as is.
    MiceChat from Main Street.
    MiceChat goes mobile with the Mouseaddict app for iPhone and iPad! Keep up to date with the latest blogs and columns, chat live with MiceChatters inside and outside of the parks, plan your next move with Addictometer wait times and crowd level mapping, see showtimes and set reminders for dining, shows and FastPass, and find anything in the resort — from attractions to sidewalk carts.

    Learn more and download free at mouseaddict.com.

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    239

    Re: Any projected date of reopening of Market House?

    We were at Disneyland last weekend. The Disney Gallery is now named Disneyana. The new sign is now on it.

  6. #6

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    57

    Re: Any projected date of reopening of Market House?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rongo View Post
    Well, the Fiddler, Fifer, & Practical Cafe isn't called Starbucks, nor is it called FF&P Cafe Featuring Starbucks. They simply serve Starbucks products and there's a logo by the doors.
    Same for the new location in WDW, it's still called the Main Street Bakery.
    So I'd say that the chances are good that we'll get the Market House name back as is.
    I hope that you're right, and I suspect that you probably are.

Similar Threads

  1. [News] The Market House stove is gone!
    By elsa in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 05-21-2011, 09:51 AM
  2. [Question] Market House Bakery
    By Dagobert in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 12:43 PM
  3. Question about the Market House
    By DarylF in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2005, 03:07 PM
  4. Market House Telephone Conversations
    By Tom Chaney in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-28-2005, 07:03 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •