Disney Refurbishments

Disney needs to focus on refurbishing rides other than Pirates of the Caribbean or Haunted Mansion. Now I like Pirates and the Haunted Mansion is my 2nd favorite ride in the park (only behind Mr. Toads Wild Ride), but there are so many more rides that need refurbishments. It is nice to get the occasional Splash Mountain refurb, and I love the plans for the renovation of Big Thunder Mountain. But there are plenty of smaller rides that need it much more.
    I like to think of myself as a "realistic disney nerd"... yeaahhh maybe not.

Re: Disney Refurbishments

There are lots of rides that get refurbs, really. they just finished the big one on Indy, and are working now on BTMRR.

There is rumor that ALL of the Fantasyland dark rides will get a full refurb soon for 60th anniversary, including Alice which needs it so badly.

What rides are on your mind?

Mainly I was thinking of Fantasyland and Toontown. Although the dark rides are great I agree that some desperately need a refurb.
    I like to think of myself as a "realistic disney nerd"... yeaahhh maybe not.

• the rockawho?

hopefully, it wont be poorly done like Matterhorn...the ride is horrible now

and the refurbishment on pirates was disappointing.....i maybe in the minority, but i dont like the additions of jack sparrow and the villains of the pirates of the Caribbean movies.

• Minion

I think that Disney should focus on refurbishing Tomorrowland as a whole more than anything. That land is literally a mess.

• Closed Account

I agree that I don't like the Pirates of the Caribbean movies being incorporated into the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. I love Disney movies, I love the ride the Pirates of the Caribbean, but I thought the movies were terrible, some of the worst movies I have ever seen. Of course Johnny Depp kept the audiences coming.

• The doctor is in

The first Pirates of the Caribbean movie was great, but they just kept taking it too far. The second was alright, the third was terrible, and the fourth was downright ridiculous. With that said, I enjoy the additions to POTC simply because I love the first movie but it was pretty unnecessary. You don't need Jack Sparrow to make the ride any more enjoyable, but they did it so the ride appealed to a younger audience.

I also think the Fantasyland rides need some minor maintenance. The paint all seems to be chipping away and fading and the ride vehicles are kinda run down. However, I agree with frollofan and think that a refurb/update to Tomorrowland should be Disney's top priority right now.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

As much as I like Indiana Jones Adventure (in fact it's one of my all-time favorite rides), I would be interested in seeing how it would be refurbished.

Quote Originally Posted by Witeldram View Post
    As much as I like Indiana Jones Adventure (in fact it's one of my all-time favorite rides), I would be interested in seeing how it would be refurbished.
    They just did, was it that bad?

• Co-Host of USWP

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    I think that Disney should focus on refurbishing Tomorrowland as a whole more than anything. That land is literally a mess.
    ^This...for sure. TL needs serious help.

• The doctor is in

Last year's refurb wasn't enough for you?
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Ambassador of good will

You're avatar made me think about an idea to use the people mover track for a Wreck-it-Ralph type ride where guests would ride in and out of electrical surge protectors, just like the movie. From there they could utilize a interactive style ride like TSMMM, but incorporate different video games from the Wreck it Ralph movie to play.
    "Raiders Suck"
    -Walt Disney

I spoke with a Disney imagineer and he told me that they are I. The process of fixing Tomorrow Land!! He even said to expect the return of the people mover!!!

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by threnjen View Post
    They just did, was it that bad?
    It was barely open this past Saturday.

Without knowing anything about the details of the refurbishment of the attraction, I'd speculate that they went cheap on the important moving parts, which are now breaking down.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Daboltz View Post
    You're avatar made me think about an idea to use the people mover track for a Wreck-it-Ralph type ride where guests would ride in and out of electrical surge protectors, just like the movie. From there they could utilize a interactive style ride like TSMMM, but incorporate different video games from the Wreck it Ralph movie to play.
    How is that Tomorrowland?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."