• Minion

Concert Chaos: DCA's Rockin' Rollercoaster

With the new Monster door coaster rumor (which clearly does not fit HL), I've come up with an attraction concept that i think would fit much better. This attraction would be our version of Rockin' Roller Coaster but with theme appropriate 1930's-40's music. The attraction would take you on a fast paced right though Hollywood ending at the Hollywood Bowl.

Queue:

The facade would be a 1940's radio broadcast station. There are various songs playing through the building. Posters of band from that era would line the halls as well as some fictional ones like Fiddler ,Fifer, and Practical (DCA Version), Five and Dime, Jessica Rabbit etc. Occasionally you would hear a special announcement saying a large concert id being held at the Hollywood bowl with various artists playing and they concert is starting in a couple of hours. This announcement sets up the story of the attraction. From here you move on to a club which of course is empty due to the concert. Everything would look kind of scattered as if people were rushing to get out. On the bar table would be a sign that say gone to concert. From here you would walk into an area made to look outdoors. The sound of cars speeding by can be heard as well as crowds walking up and down the streets. Here you would board a roller coaster car themed to a 1940's car.

Ride:

The ride is kind of self explanatory. Its a similar format to Rockin' Roller coaster except with sets instead of cut outs and no countdown. You would go through streets passing Hollywood landmarks and dodging cars. Each car has a different song/sound track. The ride ends with your car going down the red carpet all the way to the front row of the Hollywood bowl. Paparazzi AAs would take pictures when your going down the red carpet. This would be where your ride photo is taken. From here you exit into the gift shop

Entertainment:

outside of the ride building would be a small show encouraging families to dance. Mad T Party would end and in its place would be a new dance party themed to a golden age Hollywood party. This party would have a live band and recorded music. Now as we all know without the electronic music these dance parties would be nothing, so i did some digging and stumbled upon a genre of music called electro swing. It mashes up classic swing music sounds with electronic sounds as well. I think this could work for the dance parties...here's a sample

of course complete electronic music will be played as well as period apropriat music, but mostly this genre since it can appeal to both sides.

So whatdoya think?

Re: Concert Chaos: DCA's Rockin' Rollercoaster

Isn't screamin the outdoor version?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    Similar ride system yeas, but I meant in a thematic sense.

• Senior Minion

It's a decent concept. I like your ideas for the building and queue and dodging cars in a fully developed set would be pretty fun. I really don't think they need another thrill ride in that area though. I know the Monster's rumor is out there, but I'm hoping for something else. That area really needs a large scale dark ride imo. I'm also not sure we really need another launch coaster as others have said. I know it would be pretty different, but it would be somewhat similar.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    It's a decent concept. I like your ideas for the building and queue and dodging cars in a fully developed set would be pretty fun. I really don't think they need another thrill ride in that area though. I know the Monster's rumor is out there, but I'm hoping for something else. That area really needs a large scale dark ride imo. I'm also not sure we really need another launch coaster as others have said. I know it would be pretty different, but it would be somewhat similar.
    I was actually thinking about that when I came up with the idea. I was thinking a trackless system or even one similar to RRCS could work. It would defiantly let you see the sets better and due to it being a tad bit slower, the sets can be fully developed on a POTC scale.

• Restless Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    Screamin' is the 6th longest steel roller coaster in the world. It's the real deal. Rockin' Rollercoaster is almost a wild mouse that is just enclosed, like Space Mountain. Big difference!

Love love love the idea! I'm not too excited about the Door Coaster concept, and this fits into the theme a lot better!! Love the idea, and the type of music that would be played on the ride. Could you imagine a coaster that plays jazz on board?? It would be amazing!! The outdoor dance party sounds fun too! If only Disney released The Great Gatsby!! Sadly, I don't think this type of party would have as much draw as ElecTRONica or Mad T Party. Any how, great idea!!

First off I love this idea. I would personally love to see a Monstropolis (sp?) land the size of cars land take over Hollywood Studios as one of their "City Scapes" but I don't feel like it's right for DCA. As for the party element I think the Rocketeer was on to something when they started talking about Gatsby.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rocketeer View Post
    The outdoor dance party sounds fun too! If only Disney released The Great Gatsby!! Sadly, I don't think this type of party would have as much draw as ElecTRONica or Mad T Party. Any how, great idea!!
    When it gets down to it Gatsby was released by WB who doesn't have parks state side. Thus Disney could conceivably inquire about using the movie to some degree or at least take a lot of inspiration from it and do a Party like one of Gatsby's from the film as a "wrap party" every night in the middle of the "studio."

The music would be some cross between the electric swing, remixed with stronger bass, and the Gatsby soundtrack which was incredibly modern with jazz influences. I can't imagine with Disney's amazing entertainment team and cultural influence they couldn't find highly qualified DJs who could remix jazz influences into modern "club" songs. I mean take a listen to Fergie's "A Little Party Never Killed Nobody" song from The Great Gatsby soundtrack:

Lets also consider some other aspects of production we can use to sell the idea here. This Gatsby Party would be relatively inexpensive to portray as it allows the company to simply do less invasive, and therefore less expensive, work than they would have had to do with Monsters. They would attract a party focused demographic who would spend more money on drinks, especially the ultra expensive kind. The theming would enhance the theme park's story. The marketing opportunity's for classy party attire is expansive providing merchandise people would actually want and will wear around, even outside the parks, providing a marketing initiative unto itself. And perhaps most importantly Disney could use the opportunity to release an album of their upbeat jazz dance songs, which sounds admittedly bizarre when said like that, and perhaps even leverage some of their Disney channel stars into appreciation outside of the pre-teen market through some of these tracks.

Also, a Gatsby style wrap party could exceptionally easily be transformed into a holiday themed event to create year round interest. It could also be moved into one of the sound stages if Disney ever wanted to re-purpose the plaza, where it could become an enviable venue for people to rent out for weddings, and private functions. It could have a super legit bar, the possibilities are really endless.

Sorry, that was a lot of text. I just really love this idea!

• Minion

That song fits perfectly for the party! Although i'd rather it be Gatsby inspired than the actual book/film.

What a great idea. I can really see a rockin' roller coaster type ride set to Big Band Music. How about songs like "In The Mood" or "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy"
    " Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed"
    J.K Chesterson

• Down Pluto!

You could ride in a limo and dodge Woopie Goldberg and Drew Carey.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    You could ride in a limo and dodge Woopie Goldberg and Drew Carey.
    Dodge them? Would rather hit those creepy animatronics

very nice idea, but i also think this would work better as a dark ride rather than a rollercoaster. especially if it used practical sets; i want to have time to actually appreciate them rather than zoom right past them. maybe something similar to indiana jones, or the great movie ride.

as far as entertainment, i think they should put a permanent stage for live music back there, sort of a replacement for carnation plaza gardens. changing the theme of the backlot stage to an outdoor 1940s jazz club would suffice. just get rid of that awful temporary stage! bring back the swing bands to play in the evenings, and then later in the night move to electro swing to keep the younger crowd happy.

•   
    • MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by MrTour View Post
    Screamin' is the 6th longest steel roller coaster in the world. It's the real deal. Rockin' Rollercoaster is almost a wild mouse that is just enclosed, like Space Mountain. Big difference!
    Rockin' Roller Coaster is a Corkscrew type, not Wild Mouse.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

I posted a similar response on a Disney blog a couple years ago but the theming sounds great. The area where Flynns Arcade was is physically the same dimensions as DW RNR. Would be a great boost for the area.