Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Ambassador of good will

Re: How much do you think it costs?

Maybe if the US Government was running the show it would cost $5 Million / show
    "Raiders Suck"
    -Walt Disney

• Disneyland 20 year APH

Quote Originally Posted by Daboltz View Post
    Maybe if the US Government was running the show it would cost $5 Million / show
    Thanks you made me laugh but we should stay away from politics.
    So what is the cost of each Firework show for four that they do.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

that number cant be correct. Ive done a lot of concerts over the years and that number can only be correct if they figure in the cost of all the lighting for every show. I'm assuming they actually have a long term rental agreement with a leasing company so they may cost out "renting" it to themselves for each show. Ive seen that done a lot. those swivel head lights they use are pretty expensive to buy and to rent on a one off they are over a hundred each. But if they have a long term lease of they own them they arent that expensive. As far as i can tell they only actually run one laser, and it is probably what they call a yag. Its pretty expensive to rent again, and if you have it out for one show it takes hours to program. but since its the same show every time the programming is already done. now murphy is probably still being billed out on a show by show basis and not knowing the numbers on that i cant guess. Same with fireworks. My shows were outdoors in Az so we did not even think of using them. I would say a fair estimate, with realistic numbers is that it costs less than 20grand to put the show on, but they "bill" it outto cost close to 75 grand. I would honestly say the fireworks show cost more on a nightly basis.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenSokulski View Post
    Based on my experience in the event industry, $15-20k seems appropriate. Your basic costs are the union stagehands, pyrotechnicians, makeup artists, costumers, stunt performers, and stage managers. Add into that Disney's historically underpaid cast members from the entertainment and crowd control teams and the cost of supplies like pyrotechnics, fuel and other consumables and those numbers are probably on target.

Running two or more shows on one night will also lower the per-show cost as most employees (especially union) have a minimum length of time they can be scheduled for.
    what he said

• Ducksketeer

These shows are a huge capital investment; the profit from them is factored in over many years by increased gate receipts and merchandising and food sales around the performances.

But they do draw crowds, and they give a reason for people to stay in the park longer, thus spending more on retail sales. Disneyland learned this from the fireworks shows. A percentage of people who may have left earlier, will stay to see a show, and while they are waiting (in their choice viewing area for hours), they are usually spending money on food instead of being in a line for a ride. Ever notice how much vending is pushed around these events?

I personally am bored by these shows; see them once, you've seen a enough. I prefer the small music performances; quartets, jazz combos, brass etc.

• May the F=ma be with you

The actual cost of pyro product in the show is less than $3,000. The bulk of the cost is from paying the union stage performers. It's a hell of a lot less than $75,000. The other main fireworks shows cost much less than most people tend to think they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

I vaguely remember hearing $20k for one show and $10k additional to add a second.

• The Tomorrowland One

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    The actual cost of pyro product in the show is less than $3,000. The bulk of the cost is from paying the union stage performers. It's a hell of a lot less than $75,000. The other main fireworks shows cost much less than most people tend to think they do.
    The performers in Fantasmic are not union. Yes, lots of bodies makes for a larger cost, but it likely is lower than you think.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12