Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sad No more adding a sixth day to Park Hopper :(

We just returned from a fantastic trip to Disneyland but were extremely disappointed to learn that you are no longer able to add a sixth day. We went to Guest Relations on the afternoon of our fifth day (as I read to do here!!) and was told that there is no longer the option to add another day. I asked to speak with a lead and was told that when prices changed on Sunday, the button to add another day was removed and it would be no use to speak with a lead. Our family was very sad but we ended up renting a car for our last day in California and going to the beach!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: No more adding a sixth day to Park Hopper :(

Excellent choice, I hope you had a great time at the beach.

• 'Til DEATH do us part...

Az, or not as close to Disneyland as I'd like to be :(

I think they actually got rid of the 6th day when the prices went up last year, because my husband and I were very disappointed to not have the option of buying one for our honeymoon, last December. We bought 5 day ones and had to spend a day in DTD, which wasn't bad, but since I was little, I always dreamed of getting to be there 6 days lol. In my opinion, I really don't know why they did away with them. I know what I've heard, but honestly, is people are going to "sell days", they can do that with even a 2 day ticket...

We gladly would have spent our money there 6 days, but oh well.
    "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"
    -your host, your ghost host

Trips: 1992 1998 1999x2 2000 2007 2009 2011 2012 2014

Next Trip:
    ???

On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
    in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

A Disneyland vacation is never fully complete without a trip to the beach. It looks like things worked out well for you after all!

• The doctor is in

I thought adding the sixth day had been over for a while now.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

not happy right now. we are in the park 7 days, and not have to spend $420 to complete my vacation.
    Disneyland Trips:
    12/05(first time ever!) 8/09, 9/10, 4/11, and 6/13!

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I thought adding the sixth day had been over for a while now.
    It was gone for a while but when they started adding pictures to multi day passes they were allowing it again. It looks like it may be gone for good now though.

i understand that this option has been abused, but it kinda feels like punishment for those of us that want to stay in the park longer.

i sent a nice and well manner email expressing my concerns. expect to hear jack squat back but who knows.
    Disneyland Trips:
    12/05(first time ever!) 8/09, 9/10, 4/11, and 6/13!

That 6th day was basically free so from Disney's perspective - the almighty dollar is likely driving that decision. Even for my own family of 4 on our last vacation we bought 5-day park hoppers even though we only had 4 full days to spend there. We still went with the 5 day simply because it would collectively cost us $60. Even if we went for part of an evening it was worth it for the $60.

• Minion

hmm, Personally I think 5 days at the parks is a lot. I could do everything within that time frame. But maybe go to Knott's instead which is like 10 minutes away or maybe hollywood. but the beach is always lovely. :-)

• Mistress of Evil

They stopped selling 6 day tickets last May when prices went up. They still let guests add a 6th day over the summer, and seemed to put an end to that around Labor Day. With the recent changes at the turnstiles (photo w/ticket, signature), there have been reports over the last few months that guest relations will add a 6th day on the 5th day of a 5 day ticket. I believe this is what OP is referring to.

• Chief Troublemaker

Seems to me this option 'disappeared' when they last raised ticket prices only to have it 'sneak back' quietly maybe 5 months ago or so (if you asked at guest relations on the last day of your hopper). I seem to recall right after the price increase last year that people were told 'that option has been removed from our system' then, too. Maybe it'll end up the same way this time. No adding that 6th day during high season (summer - Christmas season) but they'll unofficially add a day during the 'lower' season.

If it was me I'd ask anyway (and keep asking each trip). All they can do is say no.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

That's sad. I spend 3 days at DL and 2 at DCA and would love to have 1-2 more days to partially use on arrival/departure.

glad Knotts and Universal has new offerings to spend that extra time at instead.

One word for the 6th Day at Disney:

KNOTTS!

I know that a part of the problem has been the ticket "dealers" who have bought and sold those 10-day passes for a deep discount - and then ticket shared (a friend did that a few times to save $$ on passes). I would think that associating a picture with each passport would be sufficient - and that you could then sell additional days, but then what do I know...

• Disneyland Dreamer

So if you want to add days, does it cap out at the 5-day price, or do you have to jump down to the 1-day price for 6 days, 2 day price if you want 7 days, etc?

IMHO, this is pretty shortsighted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast