Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Angry Space Mountain - Broken down AGAIN!!!

What is up with the "new" Space Mountain? EVERY single time I've been to Disneyland since they've opened it (6+ times now)it has broken down while I'm waiting in line. At least half those times, including last night (1/22) they said it was more than just a "cascade" and they needed to perform a "reset", which as the CM described it, takes at least 45 minutes!!!

I was SO disgusted with Disneyland last night that I left after just 4 rides. Of those 4, 3 broke down. First, Space, then Indy while I was on it...no fun since the vehicle just bounced all around for 15 minutes while stopped in place, and then Pirates while I was on it. We sat in the boat for 25 minutes while they kept saying they needed to perform another "reset" and then it would be running again soon!

I've had it with Space Mountain!!! Those "imagineers" and the designers of the rollercoaster missed the mark when they designed it. I can understand the cascades, due to some people taking too long to get into or out of the vehicle, but this constant need to "reset" the ride shows something is DEFINATELY faulty with the ride!!!

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

Re: Space Mountain - Broken down AGAIN!!!

It's a personal conspiracy against you...

OBVIOUSLY.

• Rat Tat Tat.

The need to reset the attraction is an important part of the ride's safety. It must be done to ensure that all the systems are again up and running correctly, and if you ask me I would like to be sure when I ride it will be safe!

• Closed Account

I've ridden the new Space about 20 times since it reopened. And I've never seen it break down.

I've seen some close calls where someone was much too large for the rocket seat and they couldn't get out fast enough, but I've never seen a total break down.

• Rock Star Minion

And don't renew your AP, either. Really show them who's boss of your money.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

I, too, have been on Space Mountain many times since it reopened and have yet to be there when it brokedown.

• Minion

ORDDU: When my sisters and I were visiting Disneyland last July 2005--for the 50th Celebration--we recall that Space Mountain had broken down and remained out of service for at least half a day.

ORWEN: Then--while we were out there for the final week of December 2005, it was broken down for one entire morning. We didn't get the chance to ride it, then, but knew we'd be coming back for another visit in the Spring. So, we weren't totally disappointed.

ORDDU: We're actually more disappointed that Pirates of the Caribbean will be out of service in May when we return with friends who have never been able to ride THAT particular attraction. (The last time they were at Disneyland was in 2003--when Pirates was down for them then, too!)

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

These rides are used so heavily by such large crowds, I'm impressed that they seem to work as well as they do! Yes, it sucks when a ride breaks down while you're in line. But it happens. If something goes wrong, you know they're fixing it by "resetting" the system or whatever they have to do.

• Minion

ORGOCH: It's the same way with a broomstick!! Cain't even begin ta tell ya's all how many a them dang things I been through over the years!! Takes a while ta break one in--'til it feels just right under the rump roast. Then--just when ya thinks ya fin'ly got a winner--the dang thing goes 'n gives ya a splinter!!! Er--even worse--it cracks up while yer way up high flyin' over a dang sewage treatment plant!!! Sometimes Life SUCKS!!!

• More Than Meets The Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingTAD
    I was SO disgusted with Disneyland last night that I left after just 4 rides. Of those 4, 3 broke down. First, Space, then Indy while I was on it...no fun since the vehicle just bounced all around for 15 minutes while stopped in place, and then Pirates while I was on it. We sat in the boat for 25 minutes while they kept saying they needed to perform another "reset" and then it would be running again soon!
    Remind me not to ride with you if we are ever in the park at the same time... you've got bad ride mojo. Next time you're in the park, make an offering to Walt at the Partners statue. If he deems you worthy, your mojo will be cleansed and all will be good in the Land of Disney. So sayeth the Mouse.

Seriously though, ride breakdowns are bound to happen and I'm sorry to say but you just have some really bad timing.
    Disneyland is the right of all sentient beings.

Yeah right. He'll be there next week.

• That's Hawt

Can we complain any more? Rides break down ... stuff happens. What do you expect from a park who is open year around?

Get over yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    ok, this was hilarious!!! you kill me sediment!!

Sorry you have not been on the ride lately, I do hope you can ( I hope Ican whenI get there )

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    ok, this was hilarious!!! you kill me sediment!!
    It is my pleasure, hm!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• What, where am i?

famous disney quote
    Lion King
    Timon-Stuff Happens right?
    Simba-Right
    Timon-Wrong, when the world turns its back on you, you turn your back on the world.

Don't let the ride breaking down upset you. If you have an AP go back another time and mabye this time it won't break down. I've been on Potc when it broke down, yeah it sucks, but stuff happens.
    If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade. Then find someone who's life has given them vodka and have a party.

I look at you and I see 2 men. The man you are and the man you ought to be. One day those 2 will meet and should make for one hell of a football player!

If this is torture, chain me to the wall

Are you there God? It's me Jesus.

Locke and Jack are to busy worrying about Locke and Jack.

The best kind of Prize is a surprise! Hehehe

The sun never sets on the Disney Empire.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast