Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Am I the only one who actually likes Mickey's Toontown?

It seems as though everyone is dismissive of Mickey's Toontown and wants it replaced. I actually think it's pretty fun. Mind you, there's room for improvement, but I don't want to see it replaced. It's where Mickey and the gang supposedly lives. But it seems as though I'm the only one who actually likes Toontown. Is there anyone else who likes it besides me?
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Re: Am I the only one who actually likes Mickey's Toontown?

I don't get back there often, but it's cute. Makes good pictures. So yeah, I like it, too.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

It's a fun place. It misses the little trolley, though. (would be fun to have it go all the way down to Alice as a pull into TT). To make it a real hit it really needs a second dark ride to balance out RR. Put it in the NW corner where it could be placed in the back lot area.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

I dunno... I hear that place is a real blast.

Too soon?

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

Not surprising. This forum and Toontown's target markets are not the same. Personally, I have never spent much time there but will ride the roller coaster if the line is short (I like roller coasters and there aren't many at DLR) and I think that RRCS is one of the most underappreciated dark rides in DL. Breaking the border of the train makes more sense in Toontown than in Critter Country since in WFRR? Toontown is definitely a city on the "wrong side of the tracks" in spirit if not in fact (though they go through a tunnel to get there and the train overcrossing is sort of tunnel-like).

• Foolish Mortal

Ive been over there a couple of times to check it out, but it isn't in the top 5 things I think of when I think about DL.

• I'm a Lutheran

I'm not a huge fan of Toontown, but it's a pretty cool place. Whenever I'm over there, it's ONLY for Roger Rabbit. By far, one of the best dark rides in the resort.

There is an audience for Toontown though. Whenever I am over there, it's pretty dang crowded. It's a rare occasion to see a line for Roger that isn't forty minutes or over. The line for Gadget's-Go is outrageous. I'd like to go on it once in a while, but there's no way I'm waiting in line for a ride that lasts like two seconds haha.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Parking Lot > DCA

Being a 90's baby, Toontown holds a special place in me. Not only that, but I think that Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin is one of the best overall attractions in the Resort.

I don't wish to see it removed ever, but I would like some updates there for sure.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

It's silly to want it removed for a number of reasons:

Young kids really like it. There are places to explore, thinks to walk through and it really feels like you are in Mickey's town. As a kid under 8 I would have LOVED this place.

It is perfectly themed. Even if you don't care to ride Gadget's go coaster or visit Minnie's house, you have to admit they did an amazing job with every little detail. Heck, the queue for Roger Rabbit could be the best of any ride in the park.

It's really not a ton of space. I don't think you could build something that sizable in toontown. And to rip out a few attraction for one e-ticket seems kinda selfish to me. We were all children and there's plenty of rides for adults. Give the little ones a place they can call their own. Focus on a worthless area like Frontierland trail and not tear away something that actually adds to the park.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

It's fine but it needs a ton of improvements:

1. The restrooms are the worst! Why is it Toon Town until you step inside a restroom? Where's my gargling urinals? (i'm not joking)

2. Jolly Trolley is a sad reminder of what Toon Town was. Maybe it was a bad idea to have it to begin with but they should remove it entirely I think.

3. Chip and Dale's Treehouse is still listed as an attraction. Have you guys seen this thing? You can't even fit in there. They need to redesign this thing that leads to...

4. Gadget's Go Coaster is fun but needs to be twice the length. I think they should extend it over to where Chip and Dale's Treehouse area is and have it so you can Gadget's go Coaster weave in and around it. Half built by Gadget, half in natural environment with some added animatronic characters like Monterey Jack and Zipper.

The place can use far more improvements than that but the above I feel are the most convenient.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Disney Fan 4 Life

We enjoy going there and riding Roger Rabbit and Gadget Go Coaster as well as messing with the fireworks building, and lifting the lids on the crates and other various things that make sound affects. Our 6 year old absolutely loves going so we can visit Mini in her house and Donald's boat as well as going through the post office, the jail, etc and finding all the little affects that make it fun. I cannot recall a visit that we do not hit there at least once a day.

I think the land is great for younger children and as a parent I love playing with our daughter there and seeing it from her eyes. While I agree that they could certainly add to it, I would like it to stay!
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• The doctor is in

It's enjoyable at night when all the children have gone to watch the parade. I usually only go there to ride Roger Rabbit anyway.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• ^_~.

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Being a 90's baby, Toontown holds a special place in me.
    This, exactly. I grew up on the Disney Afternoon, and when I went to Disneyland for the first time a few weeks ago, I made it a personal mission to go to Toontown, as it was the one place I knew of that still paid homage of one of my favorite Disney cartoons. Yup, I totally wanted to go just to see the Rescue Rangers tree house and ride Gadget's Go-Coaster ^-^.
    Was the half-hour line for the Go-coaster worth the sixty-seconds spent on the ride? Maybe not. Was it worth the nostalgia of stepping into the world of one of my favorite 90's cartoon characters ever, and hearing her voice telling me to buckle up and keep my hands and arms inside the acorn?
    Absolutely. And it made me happy to know that the ride was so popular, even though most of the people in the target age group probably weren't even born when the show was on TV.

Unfortunately, what with the waiting in line and the fact that toontown closed at eight that evening, I didn't get to spend too much time in the area (I didn't even get to the Car Toon Spin!), But from what I saw, it was a cute, fun little land that people seemed to be really enjoying. I definitely think it's an area that's still relevant today, and I would be very sad to see it go.

• Minion

I absolutely love the concept and design of Toontown, and think it would be a real shame to get rid of it. It serves its purpose, however it does need a little TLC. They need to do something with Chip 'n Dale's Treehouse, for sure. How long has it been since they removed the acorn crawl/ball pit? Like 15 years? And it's been sitting there the same way ever since. They could at least add something fun to do in that space that doesn't even have to involve the removal of the Treehouse. And as much as I loved The Disney Afternoon and Rescue Rangers as a kid, I wouldn't object to a retheme of Gadget's Go Coaster (although truthfully, the Gadget theme is subtle enough that I think it stands well enough the way it is even if kids don't know who Gadget is anymore).

• Former Churro Jockey

Well I hate it, but that's because it's the worst place in the park to work outdoors. I hate it from back in the days when I would have to work on the popcorn wagon in front of Mickey's house. Toontown has by far the least amount of trees of anywhere in the park, so it was always super hot, and it seems like the surfaces tend to reflect the heat too. On top of that, it's very loud and also super far away from the cast member restaurants. Since I quit in 1999, I have not set foot in Toontown. But I've always assumed that once I had kids, I'd go back there and then I'd love it because I'd be seeing it for the first time through their eyes.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast