• Dreaming of next trip

May 30 - June 5 trip longest trip yet with photos.

Day one
    On our first day we traveled to Dl by car.
    Checked into the DLhotel and made our way into the park, we were looking for the dumbo popcorn buckets, in the past we have
    been skunked when we tried to find something special so we wanted to make sure we at least found the Popcorn buckets. After a little searching we we fond the dumbo buckets. They have only a few places that are selling them so you have to ask where they are. Picked up the Photopass plus and took some photos of the card, that way we could recover the photos if we lost it.
    For dinner we went to Naples for Pizza.
    This is the first trip with a new camera so I had to test it out. I like it a lot more than the old one.

Day two first full day.
    two of us went to DCA early entry and rode RSR It was a fantastic way to start the day.

D-inlaw and Gdaughter caught up with us, we went to toy story midway Mania, and we were shocked
    when we walked on, I have never seen it as a walk on before. Then the park opened for everyone else.
    Went to flows for breakfast, had the american breakfast.

Then rode little mermaid.

Grisly river rapids. Stopped for a show on the way to DL.

Went To DL and rode Jungle cruise.

Trader Sam as you all know the punch line.

had lunch at golden horse shoe. watchce the show and son was picked to be the bank robber.
    we laughed so hard that it woke the baby.

Then we went to Winnie the Pooh the GDaughter loved it.

and then we had to go to the meet and greet.

Went to jambouree area and saw billy hill, and then the bear country jamboree bears.

Rode small world.

The son was sick, so half of the party went back to the hotel.
    The D-inlaw, gdaughter and myself went back to DL and went to Redd Rockett's Pizza port. It was
    a gradnight, and it was a mad house. Some places are best to stay away from during grad night and this is definitely one of them.
    went to pixie hollow to see the light show. then saw the fire works.

took some photos and called it a night.

Day three.
    June 1

Early morning at DL.
    Walked to the Matterhorn, and found out that it was down.
    My Wife wanted to take a picture of the cast member, which is her hobby.
    After the photo we were told that they were opening up one side so we were the first ones
    In and in the first car, what a way to start the day.

Went to get breakfast at space port, had the American platter wife had French toast.
    Rode Dumbo, teacups, then the rest of the park opened.

Rode story book land.
    Went to toontown.
    Saw Minnie, went to Goofy’s playhouse. Gdaughter had a great time.

Watched mickey and the magic map, we all liked it.

Went to critter country, meet Tigger, eeyoure, and pooh.

Wife and I went to DCA for our lunch at Carthay circle, the food was great. We will have to go back some time.
    back to the room for a nap.
    Went to DCA to watch the lighting of the lights in cars land.

The water wheel in cars land is in refferb and the RSR ride was down several times.
    Saw some of the DL fireworks from the circle in DCA and got some interesting photos.

time to go call it a night and get ready for the next day.

Day four
    went to Goofy’s kitchen for breakfast. The Gdaughter loved it, they have changed the format since we were there a few years ago, they no longer have the dancing or pot banging in the middle of the restaurant.

Went to DCA and got fast passes to woc.

watched Phineas and Ferb’s dance Party.
    Rode TLMM.

Went to DL and ate funnel cakes, rode the train.
    Taking it easy since several of us are not feeling well.
    Went to world if color.

Got a late dinner sourdough soup bowls.
    went to Cars land and they were starting to close things up, so I had to take some photos.

Called it a night.

Day five
    Left a little late, went to Jazz kitchen and got some beignets and coffee, a perfect way to start the day.
    Went to DL the matter horn was down.
    Went shopping
    Got fast passes for Indiana jones, walked onto Pirates of the Caribbean. All Photos were taken with out flash.

Went to Tarzan,s tree house.
    Walked on to Splash Mountain.

Rode the Columbia.
    She likes to steer, so she loved the ships steering wheel.

Came back to Indiana and it was down.
    Had lunch at Redd Rockett’s things were back to normal.
    Went to room for a rest.
    Went to DCA saw instant concert just ad water.
    D-inlaw walked onto Goofy’s sky school using single rider.
    Watched Pixar play parade.

Got photos with the gdaughter and Pluto.

Went to DL and had to buy a baby Pluto since gdaughter would not let go, and gradpa is a soft touch.
    saw soundsational parade.
    Found a spot to wait for fire works and got sandwiches from holiday jolly bakery, it is always good.
    D- inlaw and gdaughter went on a few rides.
    watched fire works and tested new camera. very pleased with the new digital SLR.
    had a good point and shoot before but the new camera is much better.
    Got good photos of fire works.

Wandered around to let the crowds die down. Gdaughter slept through the fireworks.
    Went back to the DL hotel. Checked in at the front desk to see if the camera bag had been turned in.
    It had not went back to where it was left and it was still there after several hours. Shows the quality of people at the parks and resort.

The Gdaughter has warmed up to the characters, even though she is 13 months she loves Disneyland.

The last full day, day 6
    Went to DL and rode the matter horn.
    Went to Pixie hollow.

Gdaughter wanted Grandma to go on tea cups with her, but that was a failed attempt, grandma does not do tea cups.
    Rode adventures of Pooh with gdaughter, and went to the pooh meet and greet.

The ladies road Indy while the dad took his gaughter on jungle cruise.
    We all went to tiki room, Gdaughter fell asleep.
    time for a break back to the room
    On the way back to the parks we stopped at the Build a bear so Gdaughter could get a dog, she picked out which one she wanted and then had it made. When she sees a dog, real or stuffed she barks by saying arf.

The kids rode Casey Jr. train.
    Took some more night photos, this time of the tea cups, I put the camera on the railing to get the long exposure.

We called it a night early since it was a long drive home.
    D-inlaw and Gdaughter went on to watch the tiki room, this time the baby stayed awake and was upset when the flowers started to sing, she said “not bird”. When the totems started to sing she said “dada” We thought the report was very funny.

Day 7
    Got up and after several trips got everything in the car, I was amazed that I was able to get everything in. We came down with a lot of stuff and went back with a lot more.
    The drive went well but it seemed like it took longer going home, it did not but what do you expect when you are leaving Disneyland.
    Had a great trip even though some of us were not feeling the best.
    The granddaughter now looks at the photos and starts to laugh, the other day she grabbed her suitcase after looking at some of the photos and she wanted to go back. She might be young but she loves Disneyland.
    Last edited by mouseknotts; 06-08-2013 at 12:49 PM.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Re: May 30 - June 5 trip longest trip yet with photos.

Sounds like it was fun so far!
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Dreaming of next trip

Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post
    Sounds like it was fun so far!
    We had a great time, and we are looking forward to our next trip in October.
    Things did not work out like we had hoped but it was a great time. The crowds were not bad, we other than gradnight.

• Local Animatronic @ Dland

ticket booth in front of Main Street Cinema

I think I saw you guys. I actually see everyone, I work at the ticket booth at Main Street Cinema. The little one was very adorable.

I wish you guys said hi to me, nobody does

It sounds like all of you had a lot of fun and hopefully the little princess will remember it. Keep the photos, that is always the best to look at when you're older.

Next time you come, please come over to my booth, I never age so don't feel bad.

Maybe, if the little one likes Disneyland a lot, you can read to her my stories when she is a little bit older to understand. I talk about what we animatronics do when the park closes! I have some tales from a few years ago at Halloween and Christmastime so it will jawdropping when that time comes. It is the link in my signature "After Hours"

Or make her pick her favorite female animatronic for our Miss Disneyland pageant! Deadline is June 9th! (more info in my signature)

I'm glad you guys had a magical trip!
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-
    Stories of Disneyland from an animatronic's point of view

Sounds like you guys had a great trip (minus the sick incident). Thanks for sharing your pictures.

• Dreaming of next trip

Quote Originally Posted by chadb14 View Post
    Sounds like you guys had a great trip (minus the sick incident). Thanks for sharing your pictures.
    yes being sick was no fun, my son spent over half the time in the room.
    But the weather was very nice for the trip only one day got hot, most of the days were low 80s to high 70s. My wife had to buy a sweater because she did not bring one, I brought my wind breaker and that worked out great.

You have some really great shots in there! Your granddaughter is adorable. I especially like the first picture of her with Eeyore, what a smile!

Looks like it was good times. Great trip report.

• Selfie Expert

So cute to see a little one so obviously in love with Disneyland! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Dreaming of next trip

My granddaughter loves Disneyland and the characters, today I printed out several photos of the characters and she got up set when the photo would not play peek a boo with her.
    The only draw back was the amount of time we had to spend in critter country so she could see and ride winnie the pooh.

So cute! Looks like you all had a blast! Looking forward to seeing your October trip report

There are some stunning photos of your granddaughter, oh my word. What a cutie, the expressions on her face, especially with some of the characters. Love her tiara! Thanks for sharing your visit with us. It's always so distressing to have one (or more) in our party to be under the weather, isn't it? But it sounds like there were a few moments of pure pixie magic sprinkled in there, too.

Loved the shot of Walt with the fireworks! Great job.

• Dreaming of next trip

Thank you all for the kind comments, yes it is hard when one or more are not feeling well. But having 5 days in the parks helped make up for it. Of course the granddaughter being there with us did not hurt.

• my favorite sociopath

I love how she's not afraid of the huge, hulking balls of fur.

• Dreaming of next trip

Quote Originally Posted by NemoVir View Post
    I love how she's not afraid of the huge, hulking balls of fur.
    It took a day for her to warm up to them this time, but when she did she got into seeing them. If they played hide and seek with her she loved them even more