Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Closed Account

Re: Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room: 50th Anniversary Thread

I feel justified in missing the "flyer" then, because that's all it really is. Its pretty disappointing, like Spectroman said. The sipper actually looks kinda cool (not yet on eBay but I imagine it'll go for a lot), but seeing how I'll be getting the better and adult version of such things, I can let it slide.

I would like to make video request: Can someone post a recent (no more than two weeks old) video of the full show in HD,without any editing. Thanks.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Howdy Pards,

Some of the young folks around these days are just now gettin' an inklin' of just how special Disneyland is in the hearts of us old timers. The place becomes very much a part of the timeline of our lives...and the longer that timeline stretches the more valuable, the more special and wonderful this magic place becomes.

Enchanted is the word. Because, no matter how many electronic gizmos there may be behind the curtains, in front of the curtain there is pure joy and wonder and happiness.

Here we are gettin' excited about a small plastic cup. Why? Well...it represents the Enchanted Tiki Room, that's why. It represents an enchanted place where we laughed long, long ago and only yesterday...a place that became a part of our lives. And, for those of us who were around back then the Enchanted Tiki Room brings back warm memories of Walt Disney himself. Throughout our lives we have been enchanted by Disneyland...

We collect things from there...because deep down inside we feel that this magical place truly is the happiest place on earth. Long years have passed since we first visited...and those old snapshots...those warm memories...maybe that simple souvenir... remains.

Over 50 years...more than half a century. God Bless the legacy of that wonderful storyteller...Walt Disney...and the truly magic place his imagination, creativity and determination created...a place where dreams come true...where the young and the old can laugh, and learn, and play together.

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
    I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
    I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
    I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."

Quote Originally Posted by kkocka View Post
    I feel justified in missing the "flyer" then, because that's all it really is. Its pretty disappointing, like Spectroman said. The sipper actually looks kinda cool (not yet on eBay but I imagine it'll go for a lot), but seeing how I'll be getting the better and adult version of such things, I can let it slide.

They were distributing them again this afternoon.
    It is such a simple flyer that they should be able to print as many as needed.

If anyone is still thinking of going to get the brochure, the cast members stationed at the Enchanted Tiki Room had 50-75 brochures this morning set up at a table at the entrance to the outdoor waiting area. They scan your AP card, because it's limited to one brochure per passholder per day.

The cast member did say that tomorrow would be the last day they would be available (I believe it was supposed to run through Thursday, but maybe they are starting to run out?).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123