Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tomorrow Land

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Re: Tomorrow Land

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    this, I will not believe anything until something is officially announced by Disney
    Even if they announce it I will still not believe it until 3/4 of the project is finished and the walls are starting to come down in places...(avataraland)
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

That's a lot a soy sauce.
    You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

So they would change it to star wars theme. Then add a monsters inc show? That makes sense...

I just think the land is so broken its hard to fix. I think at some point after the 60th anniversary they will completely close the land down. I believe space mountain will be retheamed. Star tours will go to a third gate. Autopia, inovations, captain eo and Buzz will go. The subs will be reclassified as part of fantasyland. But I could be completely of base.

• Former Churro Jockey

Like any business, Disney does have a 20-year plan, 10-year plan, 5-year plan, 1-year plan, next quarter plan, this month plan, and this week plan. Usually things have to be budgeted for 1 - 2 years in advance, so anything that is more than 2 years out is subject to change based on lawyers, budget, DOSH requirements, etc. Even when it's budgeted and under construction, they can still tinker with it (think of Light Magic getting riverdance, or the Monorail getting windows that don't open). So they probably have a Star Wars land drawn up, and a retro 1960's Tomorrowland on the books, and 10 other things that are "blue sky" projects.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Actually, I could see them putting Laugh Floor where EO is. It wouldn't fit but it doesn't fit at WDW either. It would also be stupid if there's a whole Monstropolis across the esplanade, but stupid never stopped anyone.

• terrifiednerds.com

I sure hope the part about bringing back the old Tomorrowland and Peoplemover is true!!!!

As long as they leave Innoventions EXACTLY as it is, because we all know that's the real draw of TL.

I am all for putting the PeopleMover back in, but please use the Florida version versus the DL version that used the "bumpy" in the track tires for motion. Florida's magnetic system was smooth when I rode it many years ago.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by glowman View Post
    I am all for putting the PeopleMover back in, but please use the Florida version versus the DL version that used the "bumpy" in the track tires for motion. Florida's magnetic system was smooth when I rode it many years ago.
    I think Disneyland's version without the cover on the track and the change in elevation along with a more extensive outdoor portion was far superior.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

My sources tell me that they plan to re-do it by painting it brown....

I would think that Laugh Floor would "work". I would assume a RELATIVELY cheap redo and gives them a C+/D- ride to market around. I would think, however, that should Monster University do well that Muppets would be a fair more likely conversion.

Guess? People mover isn't coming back (sorry fans) since it will not eat crowds and will be of limited (nil?) interest to guests who spend money. They already got the fans that are buying APs. I WOULD think they would take a serious look at Innovations/Autopia/Nemo footpring (it is a BIG area) and think about what they could do. What a fun challenge - they got to keep/increase ride capacity and try to do the construction without shutting down train and monorail.

• Local Animatronic @ Dland

ticket booth in front of Main Street Cinema

Well, I actually liked old Tomorrowland better.

All of us animatronics could not keep it together since part of our family was taken away on the Carousel of Progress, it would be nice to have them back.

Or even better: Have the Carousel of Progress, but also have good ol' Sam the Eagle and keep Tom Morrow alive there.

It is just too hard to see an animatronic not wander around the park with us anymore. You should've seen us when the Country Bears left

We also love C3-P0, R2-D2, Buzz Lightyear, and the little green men. The villians would be devastated to see Zurg leave their clan.

Us animatronics like walking on the peoplemover track. It's an interesting way to get around.

I actually like the way it is, but that is from the animatronic perspective with a part of the family in Tomorrowland. I just wish all of those animatronics never left us.
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-
    Stories of Disneyland from an animatronic's point of view

• -

Quote Originally Posted by sandiegomousefan View Post
    I would think that Laugh Floor would "work".
    Forgetting the fact that it is a horrible attraction, it has nothing to do with Tomorrowland.

Quote Originally Posted by sandiegomousefan View Post
    People mover … …will not eat crowds and will be of limited (nil?) interest to guests who spend money.
    Not true. It is a people-eater due to the constant loading and unloading of cars, just as an omnimover vehicle is. As to little interest to guests who spend money, the last time I checked everyone spends money at a Disney park. There has almost always been a line for this at Florida every time I went and their version is far inferior to the one that used to be at Disneyland.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Agreed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast