Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• ...and the Flowers Croon

Re: Need your help with 2 silly disneyland questions

Back in the old days, before they took phone reservations, you had to line up day-of at the esplanade to get reserved Fantasmic! seating on the balcony of the old Disney Gallery. I got there at 3 a.m. and was first in line, but the line was 10 people long within a half hour. I remember some kindly security guards and custodians stopping to say hi.

Enjoy your early morning line-up!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by ccinsf View Post
    Spoiler alert, the gate you line up at will have a perky young cast member standing there. Minutes before opening that person will leave and be replaced by a sweet elderly person who can't get their turnstile computer to start. You will be around the 600th person let into the park. It's Fantasmic Dragon's law.
    It's funny because it's true!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Quote Originally Posted by Callaghans View Post
    The esplanade is open 24/7 to the best of my knowledge. They rope of certain sections for power washing, but its always accessible. Either Mark twain or the Columbia are good options. Not so sure about tree house. Have fun.
    I was at the park today, and by coincidence I was also looking for views of something (not Big Thunder Mountain) from Tarzan's Treehouse.

This is the shot I got looking toward Big Thunder Mountain:
    Name:  Tarzan Treehouse view 1.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  118.1 KB

Unless you have a high-quality telephoto lens, I don't think you'll get a good view from the treehouse. I believe the photos that Andy Castro posts on Mondays are probably from the Mark Twain's upper level (the Columbia's deck is not nearly so high, I believe).

You can just see the two smokestacks of the Mark Twain sticking out from above the trees. I think it's pretty clear from the photo how much closer the two river boats are to Big Thunder, and how much better the view would be of the construction work being done there.

• film975

For my lastest episode of the Disneyland Insider, I wanted to get shots of Rainbow Ridge. I found that standing on the top deck of the Mark Twain was the best vantage point. You can see it in the video below.

Thank you all so much. If anyone is around this weekend feel free to say hi. I shall have a blue mickey shirt on that says Mr perfect. Tattoos of Wolverine on both calves. thanks!

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gtsouthard View Post
    I have 2 silly yet important questions. the 1st being, what time does the esplanade open. My gf has decided we need to be the 1st in the park one day(or at least the 1st in line realistically) and the last ones out. If it makes her happy Im all for it.
    Good luck with that! Your best bet to be the first to be in the park is to be the first family to "open" the park. To be the the last ones out of the park, I seen a guy standing at the end of Main Street, wanting to be the last one out, with Security.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12