Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need your help with 2 silly disneyland questions

I shall be traveling to the DLR this week starting thursday. I have 2 silly yet important questions. the 1st being, what time does the esplanade open. My gf has decided we need to be the 1st in the park one day(or at least the 1st in line realistically) and the last ones out. If it makes her happy Im all for it. Plus i can get some coffee at the bakery that way too. Second, can anyone tell me where in Disneyland you can get a decent vantage point to see into the work on Big Thunder. this happens to be her favorite ride and she would like to be able to view the ongoing project. I would assume from atop the mark twain and columbia as well as from Tarzans treehouse. Any other suggestions? Thank you all for you time and help.

Re: Need your help with 2 silly disneyland questions

The esplanade is open 24/7 to the best of my knowledge. They rope of certain sections for power washing, but its always accessible. Either Mark twain or the Columbia are good options. Not so sure about tree house. Have fun.

thank you for your time. by chance is anything in downtown disney open that early

That my friend I have no idea.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by gtsouthard View Post
    thank you for your time. by chance is anything in downtown disney open that early
    I think by the time anything opens in DTD, there will be at least one person in line. Might want to bring some snacks and coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    I think by the time anything opens in DTD, there will be at least one person in line. Might want to bring some snacks and coffee.
    i thank you again

shall anyone else be in the neighborhood that day

• Disney Fan 4 Life

You could grab something from White Water snacks. They have a limited breakfast selection you can see here:Menu for White Water Snacks Restaurant in the Grand Californian Hotel in Disneyland.

I just talked to the hotel, and they told me that during the summer months, White Water opens at 7am, while its 8am in the winter. That would give a nice breakfast option to grab and than head to the gates to wait if you were not using a MM entrance.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

no magic for me waiting two hours in front of the gate

Quote Originally Posted by laferney Road kid View Post
    no magic for me waiting two hours in front of the gate
    I dont understand what are you saying

Spoiler alert, the gate you line up at will have a perky young cast member standing there. Minutes before opening that person will leave and be replaced by a sweet elderly person who can't get their turnstile computer to start. You will be around the 600th person let into the park. It's Fantasmic Dragon's law.

Quote Originally Posted by ccinsf View Post
    Spoiler alert, the gate you line up at will have a perky young cast member standing there. Minutes before opening that person will leave and be replaced by a sweet elderly person who can't get their turnstile computer to start. You will be around the 600th person let into the park. It's Fantasmic Dragon's law.

lol. this happens to be true. Ive seen it in the past. this is true for the magic morning gate

• Disneyland 19 year APH

The first thing to try in DtD in the morning is La Brea Bakery I think they open around 6. And before you arrive on property there are several Starbucks, Subways, McDonalds, Carl's Jr, and even a few grocery stores. If you need your coffee get it before you get on the resort property.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    The first thing to try in DtD in the morning is La Brea Bakery I think they open around 6. And before you arrive on property there are several Starbucks, Subways, McDonalds, Carl's Jr, and even a few grocery stores. If you need your coffee get it before you get on the resort property.
    a splendid plan

• #bringevilback

Make sure whichever park you are trying to be first into doesn't have EMH or MM unless you also are also able to take advantage of it

we have the magic morning. so, the earliest of the earl.y

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast