AP Processing Center....

I'm about to purchase my first AP and was wondering if the Processing Center is still in Main Street or is it all done at the ticket booths? I checked online and it says that I pick up my card at the ticket booth and have to have a PhotoPass photographer take my picture, but can I do all that at the AP Processing Center? Thanks.
    "Disney Crystal Power! Make-Up!"

• Minion

Re: AP Processing Center....

IIRC There isn't an AP Processing Center anymore. What's the problem with going to the ticket booth and then getting a picture?

•   
    • Minion

Yup, the AP Processing Center is long gone (it's the Jolly Holliday Bakery now).

If you buy your pass online they will mail it to you. If you buy it at the ticket booth, you will get it on the spot. After that you find a Photopass photographer to do your AP photo when you go into the park - there are tons of them on Main Street, in front of the floral Mickey by the train station, by the castle, etc. They can't do your photo at the ticket booth or gate.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Yes the AP processing center is gone, it is now the stroller rental building. Remember when?

Photos are no longer printed on the card...only appear on the screens at the gates so once you get your card either online or at any ticket window you just find a Photopass Photog and they take you picture and store it in the system. No longer any need for a AP Processing Center.

...which is kinda a pain in the arse now cuz you have to show a photo ID along with your AP for discounts...plus my DL AP once saved my butt when I was traveling and lost my Drivers License...TSA allowed my AP with a picture as a form of ID!
    Last edited by ParkHopper1; 06-10-2013 at 12:27 PM.

I intend to visit DL in September, but bought my AP last month at AAA for the slight discount and (correctly) anticipating a price increase. What do I do for the first use of my AP?

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfn View Post
    Yes the AP processing center is gone, it is now the stroller rental building. Remember when?
    Oh yeah. It took me an hour to wait through the line to be processed. The processor asked me how long I'd been waiting and then yelled into the air to the other processors "The line's an hour, step it up!" or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Yup, the AP Processing Center is long gone (it's the Jolly Holliday Bakery now).

If you buy your pass online they will mail it to you. If you buy it at the ticket booth, you will get it on the spot. After that you find a Photopass photographer to do your AP photo when you go into the park - there are tons of them on Main Street, in front of the floral Mickey by the train station, by the castle, etc. They can't do your photo at the ticket booth or gate.
    FYI, if you buy it online you'll get an eTicket sent to your email which you can then exchange for your plastic AP at the ticket booth.
    "You are about to discover what lies beyond the fifth dimension, beyond the deepest darkest corners of the imagination....inside the Twilight Zone."

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterNut View Post
    FYI, if you buy it online you'll get an eTicket sent to your email which you can then exchange for your plastic AP at the ticket booth.
    They've always mailed mine to me. I've never had to take anything to the ticket booth. Last year it arrived in the mail in a colorful "thank you so much for renewing..." folder, in fact.
    Last edited by Malina; 06-10-2013 at 02:58 PM.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterNut View Post
    They've always mailed mine to me. I've never had to take anything to the ticket booth. Last year it arrived in the mail in a colorful "thank you so much for renewing..." folder, in fact.
    When I got my 1st AP, they still had the processing center, but as I understand it, to get your 1st AP you have to go to the ticket booths like you had to go to the processing center in the past because you have to show your ID to get an AP. After that, when you renew, they can mail the new one.

If you renew they mail (well I guess not anymore with the new passes). If it's a first time AP they just let you print out an eTicket.
    "You are about to discover what lies beyond the fifth dimension, beyond the deepest darkest corners of the imagination....inside the Twilight Zone."