when and why did characte bkfst at plaze inn start being offered after park opening?

In the past Ive dont the minnie and friends bkfst at least one day on our trips. There was the added benefit of getting into the parks a little bit earlier than opening and could get on a ride or two before the crush of the morning rush

Now it appears the breakfast opens with the park. Any reasoning anyone knows of?

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Re: when and why did characte bkfst at plaze inn start being offered after park openi

We have done the character breakfast early in the past, but was never able to mingle with MM guests once done, only to wait at rope drop. I was under the impression that they offered the dining before regular park opening on days when MM was available. On Non-MM days, it was park opening. Sorry to hear that has changed, as it was great to do the breakfast in the park with the characters with the first seating and finish up in time to stroll out to the newly opened park.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

Re: when and why did characte bkfst at plaze inn start being offered after park openi

When I went last month for rope drop most of the shops and restaurants on main street were open for that half hour before the rest of the park did. I didn't pay attention to weather or not the character breakfast was happening, but I know carnation cafe was serving breakfast right at 8:30 when the park was scheduled to open at 9 am.

• Mistress of Evil

The Plaza Inn breakfast books the first seating 50 minutes prior to official opening on an EMH/MM day and 20 minutes prior to official opening on a morning without EMH/MM. The first seatings do begin before the park officially opens.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Glad to hear they are still doing it this way. We plan on going again with our next visit.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

well usually you can go into tomorrow land after breakfast

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by gtsouthard View Post
    well usually you can go into tomorrow land after breakfast
    I don't believe this is allowed any more, since they moved the location of the rope drops. But you would seriously pay $25 per person to spend less than 40 mins at a character breakfast so you could get a few minutes in Tomorrowland?
    Last edited by Malcon10t; 06-11-2013 at 09:28 AM.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

i believe its tied up in the magic morning. Personally i just liked being able to do the fantasyland stuff ie peter pan. Getting on star tours right after breakfast is just not a good idea