Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 263
  1. #151

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    54,148
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: Should we go back to the Ticket Book system?

    Let's just say, I'm against ticket books.

    Sure glad this is just a "What if" type thread, and not a foregone conclusion like a ticket price increase.

  2. #152

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    15,072

    Re: Should we go back to the Ticket Book system?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I can't imagine fumbling for change for the bus, and I am really happy that I don't have to fumble for tickets at the park.
    Do you use the fast pass system? Not only do you have to fumble with a ticket you have to physically traverse to the attraction....twice. You also have to pull out your admission media (and the media of all those who you are obtaining passes for) and slip it into a machine and hope you don't lose yours or someone elses $100+ entrance investment, re-arrange plans around return windows, etc, etc.

    The books were no where near as complicated imho
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

  3. #153

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: Should we go back to the Ticket Book system?

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    That's like saying people only want speed bumps in shopping mall parking lots if they know how long they have to shop and don't want to go any faster.
    No it doesn't. What does speed bumps have to do with shopping? I don't see a connection.

    If I want to shop, I'll do it quickly. Why make shopping for a few items an endless mall meandering? I don't window shop if I actually buy stuff.

    If I go to Disneyland with the ticketbooks and I know what I'll ride, I'll do the rides and leave. Otherwise, I will prefer the unlimited passports.

  4. #154

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    125

    Re: Should we go back to the Ticket Book system?

    I still would not see the value in the ticket books for me personally. Checking the local state fair, it looks like ride tickets cost 50 cents and the average ride takes 6-10 tickets. So that would mean one ride for $3-$5 at the state fair.

    So even if Disneyland charged the low end of what a state fair costs ($3) for each attraction, my $92 single day ticket would equate to 30 rides if admission was TOTALLY FREE, which I would not expect it to be.

    Right now, we can comfortably get 32 rides in a typical Saturday for us, still taking time for food breaks and people watching, so for my family at least, the ticket book approach would actually mean less enjoyment for us, so I would vote nay.

  5. #155

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    15,072

    Re: Should we go back to the Ticket Book system?

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    No it doesn't. What does speed bumps have to do with shopping? I don't see a connection.

    If I want to shop, I'll do it quickly. Why make shopping for a few items an endless mall meandering? I don't window shop if I actually buy stuff.

    If I go to Disneyland with the ticketbooks and I know what I'll ride, I'll do the rides and leave. Otherwise, I will prefer the unlimited passports.
    You were suggesting that people who want ticket books only want them because they intend to do significantly less than "everything"......my counter, using the speed bump analogy missed the mark I guess.

    What I am saying is that there are many more reasons. Chief among them for me is the pace or vibe of the park....in the days of ticket books people were not rushing about trying to get their monies worth. Pleasant, not frantic, was the rule back then.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

  6. #156

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: Should we go back to the Ticket Book system?

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    You were suggesting that people who want ticket books only want them because they intend to do significantly less than "everything"......my counter, using the speed bump analogy missed the mark I guess.

    What I am saying is that there are many more reasons. Chief among them for me is the pace or vibe of the park....in the days of ticket books people were not rushing about trying to get their monies worth. Pleasant, not frantic, was the rule back then.
    The many more reasons that you cite does not change the amount of rides that are limited by the ticketbooks.

  7. #157

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    324

    Re: Should we go back to the Ticket Book system?

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Do you use the fast pass system? Not only do you have to fumble with a ticket you have to physically traverse to the attraction....twice. You also have to pull out your admission media (and the media of all those who you are obtaining passes for) and slip it into a machine and hope you don't lose yours or someone elses $100+ entrance investment, re-arrange plans around return windows, etc, etc.

    The books were no where near as complicated imho
    Fastpass is not the same thing as ticket books!Why do people keep bringing that up? A Fastpass isn't used to get on the ride! It's used to skip part of the line! With the old ticket system, everyone riding, say, Space Mountain had to give up an E-ticket. With Fastpass, it's almost the opposite, where the very thing that makes the pass effective is the fact that the majority of the people getting on the ride don't have one!
    Listen if you people feel so strongly about getting your old ticket books back, then why are you arguing incessantly about it with other anonymous posters on a message board? Why not put together a Facebook page, or something, maybe an e-mail campaign, and get the message to the company?
    Get all those people who want to see the return of the tickets (of which, you claim, there are many),pitch them your claim that tickets would reduce wait times, along with this laughable suggestion that switching back to ticket books would result in a lower admission charge, and let the company know. Although if you want to go back to paper tickets, you'd better come up with a plan as to how that would work with multiple gated parks.

  8. #158

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: Should we go back to the Ticket Book system?

    Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Third request: Please stop referring to any new pay-per-attraction pricing system as "ticket books."
    It's the 21st Century. There are plenty of smart-card options to choose.
    Smart cards use a points system. Ticketbooks sort for the ride type and limit choices by category. We are clearly talking about the latter.

  9. #159

    • Rock Star Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,351

    Re: Should we go back to the Ticket Book system?

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    Smart cards use a points system. Ticketbooks sort for the ride type and limit choices by category. We are clearly talking about the latter.
    Not sure why limiting choice is ever a preferred option. Someone wants to ride Space over and over and over again should get that choice -- and pay for the privilege. If a day of riding Space all day would cost $200, why stop this transaction between agreeable parties?
    Don't go all commie on me, SteveW!!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

  10. #160

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    15,072

    Re: Should we go back to the Ticket Book system?

    Quote Originally Posted by 9oldmen View Post
    Fastpass is not the same thing as ticket books!Why do people keep bringing that up?
    Because one of the arguments against the ticket system is that they would be "too cumbersome" or "complicated"..........words that better describe the fast pass system. No one has asserted that they are the "same thing" .

    Listen if you people feel so strongly about getting your old ticket books back, then why are you arguing incessantly about it with other anonymous posters on a message board?
    Why are you clicking onto this thread may I ask?


    Why not put together a Facebook page, or something, maybe an e-mail campaign, and get the message to the company?
    Thanks for the advice
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

  11. #161

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,566

    Re: Should we go back to the Ticket Book system?

    Quote Originally Posted by 9oldmen View Post
    A Fastpass isn't used to get on the ride!
    Really? Try getting on a ride through the fastpass line without one, and let me know how that works.

    Quote Originally Posted by 9oldmen View Post
    It's used to skip part of the line!
    No, actually it acts as a way of virtually holding your place in line while you go off and do other things. You are not skipping part of the line. You are still waiting in it, just in a virtual queue instead of a physical one. If it let you skip part of the line you would be able to use the fastpass as soon as the machine printed it and not have to wait for a window to open when the pass could be used.

    Quote Originally Posted by 9oldmen View Post
    Although if you want to go back to paper tickets, you'd better come up with a plan as to how that would work with multiple gated parks.
    And why would this be a problem?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  12. #162

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,609

    Re: Should we go back to the Ticket Book system?

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Really? Try getting on a ride through the fastpass line without one, and let me know how that works.
    On top of that, try using a SM fastpass on IJ and let me know how far that gets you.

    One thing I just am not understanding is all the anti-ticket bookers saying that us pro-ticket bookers want the ticket books back only due to nostalgia. That is farthest from the truth. To me, nostalgia is memories of relaxing in the Tomorrowland Theater, watching Kids of the Kingdom while eating a grape Popsicle from Welch's.

    The reason I am for the ticket books is because they worked. Everything the anti-ticket book crowd brings up was a non-issue back in the day. I think the majority of this crowd either never experienced the ticket book days or didn't remember them. Trust me they worked, and they worked well.

    Wherher they should or should not come back is obviously a matter of debate. But there was absolutely nothing wrong with them, and nobody I know of was ever inconvenienced by them.
    Last edited by DisneyIPresume; 06-13-2013 at 11:33 AM.

  13. #163

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    324

    Re: Should we go back to the Ticket Book system?

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post

    Why are you clicking onto this thread may I ask?



    Because I'm fascinated by the discussion, not because I wish the company would change a policy, or readopt an old way of letting me on attractions.

  14. #164

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    324

    Re: Should we go back to the Ticket Book system?

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Really? Try getting on a ride through the fastpass line without one, and let me know how that works.

    ?
    Oh my gosh!!! I went to the most popular theme park in the world and had to...wait in a line??!! Again, the fastpass is not to get on the ride, and in fact, most of the people getting on the ride don't have them! That's what makes it effective.

  15. #165

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    15,072

    Re: Should we go back to the Ticket Book system?

    Quote Originally Posted by 9oldmen View Post
    Because I'm fascinated by the discussion, not because I wish the company would change a policy, or readopt an old way of letting me on attractions.
    You're welcome then*








    *There would be no discussion if not for those of us who would change the policy fyi.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Who thinks Kelly should come back for the Gumball Rally!!
    By Becka-Lynn in forum Contests, Meets and Events
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 10:56 AM
  2. Should Disneyland Bring Back the Dress Codes of Yesterland
    By InnerSpace in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 12-26-2006, 07:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •