Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Re: Should we go back to the Ticket Book system?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Everything the anti-ticket book crowd brings up was a non-issue back in the day.
    Just because it was a non-issue back then does not mean it is a non-issue now. People's attitudes and expectations are grossly different now from what they were then and that is not insignificant.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by 9oldmen View Post
    Again, the fastpass is not to get on the ride
    Again, you can't get on a ride through the fastpass line without one, so yes it does.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• -

On top of that, try using a SM fastpass on IJ and let me know how far that gets you.

One thing I just am not understanding is all the anti-ticket bookers saying that us pro-ticket bookers want the ticket books back only due to nostalgia. That is farthest from the truth. To me, nostalgia is memories of relaxing in the Tomorrowland Theater, watching Kids of the Kingdom while eating a grape Popsicle from Welch's.

The reason I am for the ticket books is because they worked. Everything the anti-ticket book crowd brings up was a non-issue back in the day. I think the majority of this crowd either never experienced the ticket book days or didn't remember them. Trust me they worked, and they worked well.

Wherher they should or should not come back is obviously a matter of debate. But there was absolutely nothing wrong with them, and nobody I know of was ever inconvenienced by them.
    Excellent post!
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    And some ideas are all washed up
    Ha, ha......if it were a truly "washed up" idea there would not be several 100+ reply threads on the subject.

I think the reason so many who oppose the ticket books respond to these threads is that they are actually, in at least some small way, worried that they may indeed one day return.

You don't see threads calling for the castle to be replaced by a bigger one getting this kind of attention.....why? Because no one is remotely worried that that might happen
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

A bigger castle is probably more likely than ticket books coming back.

• Senior Minion

On top of that, try using a SM fastpass on IJ and let me know how far that gets you.

One thing I just am not understanding is all the anti-ticket bookers saying that us pro-ticket bookers want the ticket books back only due to nostalgia. That is farthest from the truth. To me, nostalgia is memories of relaxing in the Tomorrowland Theater, watching Kids of the Kingdom while eating a grape Popsicle from Welch's.

The reason I am for the ticket books is because they worked. Everything the anti-ticket book crowd brings up was a non-issue back in the day. I think the majority of this crowd either never experienced the ticket book days or didn't remember them. Trust me they worked, and they worked well.

Wherher they should or should not come back is obviously a matter of debate. But there was absolutely nothing wrong with them, and nobody I know of was ever inconvenienced by them.
    +1
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Banned User

Sure, they worked beautifully to tap down on ride demand. I remembered when I was kid and we had no E-tickets left. We went to the ticket booths and asked how much they were. I don't remember how much they were, but my mother refused to pay. Our Disney day was over. Some tickets remained, but no one was motivated to use them, not even me. So our Disney day was prematurely over.

I'm not sure what you mean by "nobody I know of was ever inconvenienced by them". We don't know what we don't know then. Wanting more was unheard of at that time. We accepted that Disneyland was the best (still is) and they know what they are doing (still do with some exceptions).

So shall we go back? This will certainly hurt Disney and the public to artificially limit demand.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    A bigger castle is probably more likely than ticket books coming back.
    The most improbable of all is the notion that the all-you-can-eat smorgasbord method Disney uses today is the be-all and end-all of theme park admissions concepts.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I will go back and read all these replies, that were posted since I was here last. That's a promise, but I need to just say one thing first.

Prove to me that the return of Ticket Books will save me money, over what I spent for my visits this past year, and I'll sign up for their return. Saving money is a top priority for me.

May 11 - 16, 2015

Exactly as Barbaraann said, I am not anti-ticket books per se, but I don't see how they would help the situation (on a personal level), and since I have used "I" so many times already I will look at the other affected party if this change were to occur...

How is this better for the parks who can get $92 from a person whether they ride all the attractions or just a few? Seems like the parks would lose money per person by taking away the all you can eat option.

Now if you want to go to the ticket books, and the admission plus an unlimited ride wristband would cost me $92 or less - then I could definitely go with that plan.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

They won't. They'll save rides. From riders. So the casual once-every-ten-years visitor can go on with less of a wait. That's their agenda.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I will go back and read all these replies, that were posted since I was here last. That's a promise, but I need to just say one thing first.

Prove to me that the return of Ticket Books will save me money, over what I spent for my visits this past year, and I'll sign up for their return. Saving money is a top priority for me.
    Hard thing to prove because no one really knows for sure what Disney would charge.....but I happen to have a guide to Disneyland from the fall/winter of 1979 (Presented by Polaroid):

A Deluxe ticket book (includes park admission and 15 attractions) costs $8.50.

Adjusted for inflation that $8.50 would be $26.46.

The book comes with 5 E tickets.....throw in a 5-adventure book(5 more E tickets) for $3.75 (adjusted, that comes to 11.60) for a total of 20 attractions in a single day (half of which are E tickets) and your cost would be $38.06.

Now, we all know that Disney raises prices faster than inflation...but even if you double the rate you come out ahead at $76.12.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Nope. Ticket books would cost me $76.12, and I have spent less that $50 a visit probably since all my visits since 2005.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Besides one can only speculate as to what Disney would charge. I asked for cold hard proof, before I back this idea.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Besides one can only speculate as to what Disney would charge. I asked for cold hard proof, before I back this idea.
    To be fair, you can't provide cold hard proof that Disney won't raise the PoP to $150.00 a day next year.

All we can do is make guesses based on what we know

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast