Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Should we go back to the Ticket Book system?

Quote Originally Posted by The International View Post
    For one, it's not about Disney growing anything... they're one of the biggest companies on the face of this planet, bravery doesn't have a thing to do with it
    Really? Then why doesn't Disney face the customers that do cost it money? Or train their CMs to handle situations themselves.. or face down customers that are clearly abusing the flexibility the company offers?

Because they they are RISK ADVERSE... and that includes dealing with changes that put the 'known' money streams at risk.. even if the proposed money streams would be greater.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Selfie Expert

Could the proposed idea of ticket books actually increase crowds? Not LINES or WAIT TIMES, but the actual crowded feeling within the park? If entrance to the park is lowered significantly (or even eradicated), then people may be more inclined to enter and just hang out, shop, eat, maybe ride a ride or two. I don't think you can base this on the crowds of when ticket books were available before, as people travel much more often now than they did then. I would assume lines/waits for rides would shorten, but there would be more people in the park at a given time. I could be wrong, but this is what I'm picturing!

The passport system currently available allows people to customize their trip. So many argue that they don't want reserved fastpasses, etc, because they love the flexibility the current system offers. You can do what you want with no schedule to adhere to. The passport allows everyone to do just what they want, whether that be shows, rides, or just soaking up the atmosphere.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Could the proposed idea of ticket books actually increase crowds? Not LINES or WAIT TIMES, but the actual crowded feeling within the park? If entrance to the park is lowered significantly (or even eradicated), then people may be more inclined to enter and just hang out, shop, eat, maybe ride a ride or two. I don't think you can base this on the crowds of when ticket books were available before, as people travel much more often now than they did then. I would assume lines/waits for rides would shorten, but there would be more people in the park at a given time. I could be wrong, but this is what I'm picturing!

The passport system currently available allows people to customize their trip. So many argue that they don't want reserved fastpasses, etc, because they love the flexibility the current system offers. You can do what you want with no schedule to adhere to. The passport allows everyone to do just what they want, whether that be shows, rides, or just soaking up the atmosphere.
    ikr, I can just picture New Years Eve crowds occurring often.

• Rock Star Minion

New Year's Eve should be an all-day, hard-ticket, special event, if Disney cared about making money.

But, admission fees would not be eliminated. Admission fees keep rabble-rousers out.
    When CityWalk at Uni first open, there was no parking fee. And it was very crowded, and there were rowdy groups there, which scare away people who spend money. Enter parking fees, and problem solved.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I don't go to CityWalk because of the parking fee. Too many other options that don't charge.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post

Yes, throngs of people, but don't worry, they're just 'sipping' aka loitering.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I don't go to CityWalk because of the parking fee. Too many other options that don't charge.
    OHO! So YOU were a rabblerouser!!!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

While the ticket books were a fun way to experience each ride, I don't think it makes much sense in the digital and technologically advanced world we live in. The Park is an experience as a whole and the tickets/passes sold are selling the whole thing, not just a singular ride/attraction.

Also, I don't feel that making paper ticket books helps the world at large. Save trees, go digital.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718