Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

• -

Re: Should we go back to the Ticket Book system?

Quote Originally Posted by threnjen View Post
    It genuinely boggles my mind that anyone would like to see DL as a pay-to-ride park. I just can't even wrap my head around it. I really thought that was the domain of cheap carnivals.
    I can’t wrap my head around how anyone could think that Disneyland before the ticket books were removed was nothing but a cheap carnival.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by threnjen View Post
    It genuinely boggles my mind that anyone would like to see DL as a pay-to-ride park. I just can't even wrap my head around it. I really thought that was the domain of cheap carnivals.
    Why is it that Walt Disney went with tickets do you think? He was the antithesis of "cheap carnivals" and yet he fully embraced the magical little books.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I can’t wrap my head around how anyone could think that Disneyland before the ticket books were removed was nothing but a cheap carnival.
    Hear, hear!

• Senior Minion

I canít wrap my head around how anyone could think that Disneyland before the ticket books were removed was nothing but a cheap carnival.
    That, and the assumption that a ticketing system which was proved to work for over three decades, and was an icon of American culture, would wreak disaster on Disneyland if it was re-introduced today.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 06-11-2013 at 12:01 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    Dealing with limited tickets just sucks in a subconscious sort of way.

And I also don't understand the whole disneyland is supposed to be sipped thing. That implies there is a right and wrong way to enjoy disneyland. Sounds more like the common practice here of wanting to impose rules, prices or methods of experience onto others for personal benefit. Because who benefits most from ticket books and people "sipping" DL? Not the AP population since they supposedly "chug". Not the tourists since they, in a way, "binge" on DL and probably don't want to deal with tickets on vacation of this cost. The ones who want people to go less are the ones who have no choice but to go less! It really isn't our fault that we happen to live here and love the parks.

I'm sorry and yeah I know, I'm about to get the old "the program is bad, not the holders" but you know what? At this point of being on this site, I can't help but feel subtly attacked and resented by the same people and the same arguments over and over again. I think I know what all this is. Its the exact same thing as AP entitlement, but reversed. A non AP sense of entitlement to a park without people who do this, that, hold this kind of ticket, eat here, spend this amount etc.
    Bingo

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    That, and the assumption that a ticketing system which was proved to work for over three decades, and was an icon of American culture, would wreak disaster on Disneyland it was re-introduced today.
    Didn't you know, anthrax, dirty bombs, and ticket books are the three most feared types of deadly attacks in crowded places.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I will be honest, a lot more people have been in favor, than I expected! This has been a really great discussion.

And while each attraction might have a turnstile, without actual revenue, being applied, the Walt Disney Company lacks the proper incentive right now.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• -

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    And while each attraction might have a turnstile, without actual revenue, being applied, the Walt Disney Company lacks the proper incentive right now.
    Maybe, maybe not. If you take the total admission dollars for the day and divide it by the total number of turnstile clicks that all the rides had for a day, it puts a value on what a single turnstile click is worth. If you multiply that by the number of clicks an individual ride got for the day you can now see how much money a particular ride made.

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Maybe, maybe not. If you take the total admission dollars for the day and divide it by the total number of turnstile clicks that all the rides had for a day, it puts a value on what a single turnstile click is worth. If you multiply that by the number of clicks an individual ride got for the day you can now see how much money a particular ride made.
    And no kid ever gets told that "we ran out of tickets, no more rides."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    I still can't believe people who argue vehemently against ticket books are the same people who are happy to shuffle a handful of fastpasses all day long.
    Fastpasses are free. If you genuinely can't see how that would make a difference, I can't help you.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    No, instead they're told things like:

1) "Sorry Billy, but there's no more fast passes"

2) "Tina, if you want to ride you're going to have to be a big girl and go by yourself so we can use the single rider line"

3) "Can't ride Peter Pan today Sally, we paid hundreds of dollars to get in here today and I don't want to waste an hour in line for a 2 minute ride....we got to hit the big rides!"

• Banned User

Disney knows exactly how many rides a guest is getting. There are posts here that state, on average, a guest goes on 10 rides/attractions per day on a typical busy day. I imagine that on less busy days, you can go on more rides. Thus, on a busy day, Disneyland won't be making more money with the ticket book since guests are restricted from demand to go on additional rides. It is actually on the less busy days that Disneyland can try to make more money from guests going on more rides; however, there is a limit on how many people will open their wallets to go on additional rides. In the end, it will be a wash on whether Disney can make money from ticket sales versus the current ticket policy. Unused ticket books can also be money time bomb of sorts. If enough people accumulate unused tickets, on any particular future visit, the ticket can offset future spending, thus revenue is restricted. That's why Disney puts an expiration date on their tickets now. Use it or lose it.

I think more people are against the ticket books than for it even though ticket books can lower prices for those who know how to use it. I'm still against it since I just don't like to keep a record of whatever I'm going on. Disney already made a mess of their restaurants with reservations.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Of all the times I went to Disneyland under the ticket system this only happened maybe 2 or 3 times that I can remember. It was never an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    Fastpasses are free. If you genuinely can't see how that would make a difference, I can't help you.
    No. Just like the A-E tickets they are absorbed into the cost of admission. Try to cut the line without a fast pass next time you go and tell me what happens. A fast pass is merely another type of ticket that allows you to cut in line. The A-E tickets didn't allow you to cut but they were still tickets - same as fastpass - regardless.

• Minion

Fastpasses are not truly free... they are rationed. And their "price" is time. You are limited to a specific time window, and you have to carefully plan your day around those times - nothing like the carefree experience Walt wanted guests to have. With a ticket book you can use a ticket whenever you please, and you can always get more, they are sold and not rationed. It's so ironic to me that people so vehemently against the idea of holding a ticket book in their hands are more than happy to plan their day around the limitations spelled out on a handful of Fastpasses in their hands.

• Observer

If we go back to books and no entrance fee to get into the park, im afraid of the type of people that may start hanging out...gangs, hs students ditching school, people who are at the parks for reasons other than vacation

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast