Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

•   
    • Minion

Re: Should we go back to the Ticket Book system?

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Nickelodeon Universe prices their rides individually as does Luna Park.
    If you are talking about Luna Park in Coney Island, they offer a PoP option as well. Unlimited ride wristband, $30. Park Prices

Luna Park in Australia: Same; costs between $44 and $46 depending on season.
    Tickets : Luna Park Melbourne

Nickelodeon Universe also offers an unlimited ride wristband. $30.
    Tickets - Nickelodeon Universe
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Local Animatronic @ Dland

ticket booth in front of Main Street Cinema

A lot of people liked the old ticket system, but everyone is alright the way it is now.

Sure, it is getting more expensive to visit Disneyland, so a lot more people would come since there is a small cost to get in.

It would actually cost a lot if someone wants to go on Space Mountain ten times or some other E ticket attraction.

What would happen with fastpasses? It would be the same as it is now, but would you have to pay because it is a quicker way to get in?

Peter Pan, since it is so popular, would be a D ticket and not like the normal ticket is was many years ago.

Plus, people bring big huge backpacks with them and a ticket booth is just something else to carry, they can be stolen by someone too these days.

The ticket book system was from Disneyland a long time ago, and it will always be changing. People who have vintage tickets from the 70s, will not feel special with what they have if ticket booths are common.

Children want to go on rides and see attractions, because they want to. What if a child wants to go on their favorite attraction right now, but you ran out of tickets, and he/she is wondering why you are walking away from the one thing they have been waiting for. That child does not want to be in a world of money, because money is part of reality and Disneyland does its best to get you away from reality.

I know I'm in a ticket booth everyday, but I always see that people are happy when they walk into Disneyland without tickets and without worry.
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-
    Stories of Disneyland from an animatronic's point of view

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    If you are talking about Luna Park in Coney Island, they offer a PoP option as well. Unlimited ride wristband, $30. Park Prices

Luna Park in Australia: Same; costs between $44 and $46 depending on season.
    Tickets : Luna Park Melbourne

Nickelodeon Universe also offers an unlimited ride wristband. $30.
    Tickets - Nickelodeon Universe
    Exactly....options....what's so wrong with giving people a choice?
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

In the end, if it makes more money for Disney they'll do it. If not, they won't.

•   
    • Minion

Exactly....options....what's so wrong with giving people a choice?
    This thread has mentioned going entirely back to the ticket book system here, and totally eliminating the PoP option.

If you wanted to put PoP side by side with ticket books at Disneyland, it would be better than eliminating PoP altogether, but I still think it would be a hard sell.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
    A lot of people liked the old ticket system, but everyone is alright the way it is now.
    Not "everyone"

Sure, it is getting more expensive to visit Disneyland, so a lot more people would come since there is a small cost to get in.
    Maybe more day visitors.....but I think the trade off would even things out.

It would actually cost a lot if someone wants to go on Space Mountain ten times or some other E ticket attraction.
    Yep....that's the idea. Make those who want to ride something over and over again pay for the privileged instead of punishing the sippers with longer lines. Next time you're in an hour+ wait for something ask yourself how many people in front of you are riding for the 4th, 5th or 6th time today?

What would happen with fastpasses?
    They'd go bye bye..........

Peter Pan, since it is so popular, would be a D ticket and not like the normal ticket is was many years ago.
    "D" instead of "C"......how is that a bad thing? Would you feel cheated somehow by the shorter line

Plus, people bring big huge backpacks with them and a ticket booth is just something else to carry, they can be stolen by someone too these days.
    Just how big do you think the ticket-books were....

The ticket book system was from Disneyland a long time ago, and it will always be changing.
    In the span of 3 years Disney built Space Mountain; rebuilt The Matterhorn, and built Big Thunder Mt Railroad......this happened "a long time ago".......when Disney had ticket books

People who have vintage tickets from the 70s, will not feel special with what they have if ticket booths are common.
    I am sure if new tickets were brought back they would be vastly different than the old ones....people with un-used old tickets could still "feel special"

Children want to go on rides and see attractions, because they want to. What if a child wants to go on their favorite attraction right now, but you ran out of tickets, and he/she is wondering why you are walking away from the one thing they have been waiting for.
    Same thing you do when you're in a store (that doesn't have unlimited shopping )....you either buy that child another ticket or you tell them they can't have everything they want.

That child does not want to be in a world of money, because money is part of reality and Disneyland does its best to get you away from reality.
    Um, you're kidding right
    Last edited by sleepyjeff; 06-12-2013 at 01:51 PM.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

This thread has mentioned going entirely back to the ticket book system here, and totally eliminating the PoP option.

If you wanted to put PoP side by side with ticket books at Disneyland, it would be better than eliminating PoP altogether, but I still think it would be a hard sell.
    The last time we had the ticket system we also had the PoP .....I think both existed for around two years (longer if you count the Kingdom Club)

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I haven't read a single argument for ticket books on this thread - not one - that truly seems valid to me, takes the current climate into account, and is based in 2013 reality. Not a single one. All respect to those making the arguments, but what I've seen is a lot of nostalgia and perhaps a dose of the simmering frustrations against crowds/APs/Fastpasses/etc.

It will cut down on admission costs? Please, we're talking about Disney. It will likely still cost you $92 to get in, but now that $92 will mean that you're limited to however many rides are on your ticket book or wristband. Buying extra tickets? Well, you'd have to buy another book, and perhaps that will be, what, $50? That doesn't cut down on admission costs.

And one more point: Disney still has the same expenses to keep the parks up. If they knocked admission down by half, and had less guests coming, it would be hard to see how they'd keep the same number of cast members, the same upkeep, et al. Can the park attendance dip to dangerously low levels? Yes, it can. Everyone likes to knock the AP program but how many remember that without the APs in the 90s and early 00s, the park might not have survived?

If you're paying any sort of admission fee or buying a ticket book with A to E included, you're still subsidizing rides you don't want to ride. Disney already has your money; they don't care if you use those A tickets or not. It's really no different than buying a day ticket in that respect.

You want to come in without tickets for rides? I would be hard pressed to see that it would be under $30 or $50, since Disney won't want people using the park as their free afterschool hangout. Welcome to a park where you can't do anything! That's the happiest place on earth for everyone!

Cutting down on lines? Well, Space is still going to be more popular than Pinocchio, so I doubt it. Plus, there's no real way to work tickets with Fastpasses, so forget about even thinking of getting around that long line!

So all the ticket book system would do is offer customers less for their money, amp up the stress levels (no outs for long lines; choosing rides); and make Disney guests feel nickel and dimed. It's not about how people felt about them in 1970; it's about how they would feel now.
    Excellent post!

•   
    • Minion

The last time we had the ticket system we also had the PoP .....I think both existed for around two years (longer if you count the Kingdom Club)
    If that had been said at the beginning it might have helped in this discussion. Remember, not all of us were around during ticket books! (sorry!!).

• Rock Star Minion

Everyone likes to knock the AP program but how many remember that without the APs in the 90s and early 00s, the park might not have survived?
    I don't remember that. Because I don't think it's true.

The stupid ideas brought to life by Pressler and Company would have gotten him canned a lot sooner if the AP Program didn't keep down admission prices for those who purchased them, allowing Pressler to stay on longer than necessary.
    So, what I remember is the AP Program allowing Pressler to do whatever he wanted in order to make that big executive bonus.
    Thank you, AP Program!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

If that had been said at the beginning it might have helped in this discussion. Remember, not all of us were around during ticket books! (sorry!!).
    I can't speak for the OP but in my ideal world the PoP would still be an option (an expensive one, but one nonetheless)

You'll only ride E tickets but won't ride "E any more"

Color me confused

As for lesser rides dying off......well, during the ticket book system the number of attractions was always increasing; with the allyoucanride system we lost The Keel Boats, The Motor Boats, The Skyway, Skull Rock, The Peoplemover, The Submarine Voyage (for 10 years), Circlevision, Mission to Mars, America Sings, etc, etc, etc.....we gained lots of shops and ODV carts though
    Yeah, and we also Lost ticket booths. Also, Circlevision didn't require a ticket. Also, the allyoucanride era gave us Disneyland's 1983 Fantasyland, Star Tours, Splash, Toontown, Indiana Jones, DHS in Florida, DAK, and a little park with a few innovative features, EPCOT Center. What's you're point?

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Now hold on: Malina might be on to something. Let's see what's good enough for Six Flags...
    ...and Busch Gardens, Universal, Knotts, San Diego Zoo, Sea World, and every other attraction and theme park out there...

I suppose Disney could have opted to remain with the ticket books and been a dinosaur in their industry. That's always an option, right?

Only if your definition of "absurd" is --facts I don't like--
    It's not a "fact". It's an Interpretationor a perception.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by 9oldmen View Post
    Yeah, and we also Lost Also, the allyoucanride era gave us Disneyland's 1983 Fantasyland
    Not really.

Star Tours, Splash,
    Granted

Toontown
    I'd rather have the Motor Boats

Indiana Jones,
    And 20 years later we're still waiting for another E-ticket for Disneyland Park.....

DHS in Florida, DAK, and a little park with a few innovative features, EPCOT Center. What's you're point?
    The "point" was CA was making the assertion that bringing the ticket books back might be fatal for Disneyland's minor attractions and I put forth evidence that minor attractions were doing just fine in the days of ticket books and didn't start disappearing en masse until after the books were removed as an option.

Hope that helps clarify things

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast