Best plan for viewing fireworks and 2nd Fantasmic next week

We will be visiting for just one day as part of a cross country drive. We are using Ridemax which has us scheduled for Matterhorn until 9pm leaving 30 minutes to find a place for fireworks at 9:30pm. Then we'd like to go and find a place for Fantasmic at 10:30pm. Any ideas for a plan to get a decent spot for each of the shows within these time frames?

Re: Best plan for viewing fireworks and 2nd Fantasmic next week

Well, you could buy a desert package for fantasmic and have a great seat reserved for you. For fireworks, you could watch from the bridge by Small World, since that is usually open even shortly before the show.

follow me!

• World of Color

It really all depends if you want to watch the fireworks from. If you and your group are on the left side of the castle (close to Fantasy Faire) then just make your way to Fantasmic via the Frontier land entrance. Have a good time.

• Disney93

Finding a good spot around 9:00pm for the fireworks might be kind of tough to do since people usually start claiming their spot around 7:45-8:00ish. Although ,this is what I usually do:

If you are facing the castle, find a spot in the hub off to the left. Try to find a spot at the entrance of Adventureland and Frontierland.*** As soon as the fireworks are over quickly head on over through the entrance of Frontierland and make your way over to the Rivers of America. The first showing should be cleared out and there will be plenty of viewing areas for you to choose from.

***Caution: Be aware that there is a giant tree blocking the view of the fireworks over in this area. Try sitting back more towards the entrance of Adventureland to avoid this problem.

Goodluck!

• #bringevilback

I'll second small world pavilion as you'll be able to get a decent spot without wasting hours of your day, plus you'll be right there exiting Matterhorn. When you are done just head over to ROA and get a spot. Alternately, head over to ROA before the fireworks and watch from there so you can secure a front spot as the first show's crowds are leaving. Just time it right so you do 't see the end of the first show and spoil it!

I ditto itzjoshh !! But up the ante with " Why even see the fireworks if you are a WDW visitor?? Why not ride the matterhorn during the fireworks? oh, i know why, you will need some time to stretch out from the rough ride before pouring through the mass of humanity. What ever you do, it will not be a simple walk, sometime through the day try to find the FL/fl border path so you will know where and how to use at night.

thesecond fantasmic is usually pretty sparsely seated

• Happily Ridiculous

Burbank, CA (near The Walt Disney Studios)

My detailed post from a previous thread:

Fantasmic and Dreams Come True?

Leave a moment before fireworks end to not get claustrophobic in a crush if people.

• Former Churro Jockey

Well, since Fantasmic is much better then the fireworks in my opinion, I'd say plan around that. The easy way to get the best seat for the 2nd Fantasmic show is to get into New Orleans Square at 9:15PM, and hang out in the shops or restaurants (maybe eat a late dinner at the French Market) while the 1st Fantasmic is still going on. As the crowds are clearing out from the first show, most people are waiting at the entrance to Frontierland in order to get in, but you are already there, and you get first shot at some really primo seats. So this means that you'll watch the fireworks from New Orleans Square. Guest control doesn't let the Fantasmic guests from the first show leave until the fireworks are over, and then after that they start blocking off walkways and making other walkways one-way. That would be my plan.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• my favorite sociopath

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    Well, you could buy a desert package for fantasmic and have a great seat reserved for you. For fireworks, you could watch from the bridge by Small World, since that is usually open even shortly before the show.

If you do plan to do this, make sure you reserve a seat in the front row! They do not stagger the seats and rear seat are not elevated, you may wind up behind some tall person.