Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Thumbs up Pork shank the substitute for turkey legs. And you though beef is what's for dinner.

Really glad these are coming to DLR.
    New Savory Treat at Disneyland Park: Slow-Roasted Pork Shank « Disney Parks Blog

New Savory Treat at Disneyland Park: Slow-Roasted Pork Shank

posted on June 10th, 2013 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

After a wildly popular debut at Gaston’s Tavern in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort, the slow-roasted pork shank is now on the menu at Edelweiss Snacks in Fantasyland at Disneyland park, with an added tangy BBQ glaze on this Disneyland version to give it a bit of a kick. And for the summer (June 14 through September 2), you’ll also find it on the menu at Woody’s All-American Roundup at Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree in Frontierland.
    Vying for attention with the park’s giant turkey legs, this tender, meaty pork shank is simply seasoned with salt and pepper, slow roasted and finished with a BBQ glaze. It’s a hefty 22 ounces or so, so you might want to share this low-carb, high-protein indulgence.
    Cost is $9.99 – consider it lunch for (at least) two!
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Re: Pork shank the sustitute for turkey legs. And you though beef is what's for dinn

Someone tweeted this nutrition facts, not sure how accurate it is:

Pork shank may be "high-protein, low-carb," but my nutrition app says 22oz of it has over 800 calories, 5000mg of sodium & 23g of fat!

I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Thumbs up Look what is coming to disneyland..Sounds yummy!

This is a treat my family would really love!

New Savory Treat at Disneyland Park: Slow-Roasted Pork Shank « Disney Parks Blog

New Savory Treat at Disneyland Park: Slow-Roasted Pork Shank

posted on June 10th, 2013 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

After a wildly popular debut at Gaston’s Tavern in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort, the slow-roasted pork shank is now on the menu at Edelweiss Snacks in Fantasyland at Disneyland park, with an added tangy BBQ glaze on this Disneyland version to give it a bit of a kick. And for the summer (June 14 through September 2), you’ll also find it on the menu at Woody’s All-American Roundup at Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree in Frontierland.
    Vying for attention with the park’s giant turkey legs, this tender, meaty pork shank is simply seasoned with salt and pepper, slow roasted and finished with a BBQ glaze. It’s a hefty 22 ounces or so, so you might want to share this low-carb, high-protein indulgence.
    Cost is $9.99 – consider it lunch for (at least) two!
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Re: Look what is coming to disneyland..Sounds yummy!

Oops, double post. That's what I get for not refreshing when I looked to see if anyone else had posted it.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Re: Pork shank the substitute for turkey legs. And you though beef is what's for din

Well here is the break out for the snack. Hubby and I would split it with our daughter (she loves this kind of thing).

Here it is as a whole (approx):

Calories: 1801
    Fat: 125g
    Sodium: 368g
    Protein: 158 g

So with all the walking one does in the park, splitting this as a snack between three, makes it doable. Nice to add a protein source to the park.

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Pork shank the substitute for turkey legs. And you though beef is what's for din

My relative had a turkey leg, said it tasted like pork.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• ...and the Flowers Croon

YUM. Just ... YUM.

• far, far away from DL

Wow, that looks good!

• Evil is Sexy

Awesome! I'll totally get one to split with my hubby next time we're there!!
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Dreams do come true.

I saw that picture. I am a Service Dog. I am going to Disneyland some day. The human says we aren't going until the other dog that's really old passes away. Is there a way to make that happen sooner? I saw that picture and I am a Chihuahua and I am hungry!
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    Awesome! I'll totally get one to split with my hubby next time we're there!!
    Pretty much the exact comment I was going to post! Haha

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Ewok

I don't eat pork so I will gladly stick with splitting a turkey leg with my husband. Just means more pork for everyone else lol.

•   
    • Insert Hilarious Title

Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post
    Here it is as a whole (approx):

Calories: 1801
    Fat: 125g
    Sodium: 368g
    Protein: 158 g

So with all the walking one does in the park, splitting this as a snack between three, makes it doable. Nice to add a protein source to the park.
    So, 13 ounces (368g) of the 22 oz. total is sodium? That has to be a typo. 368g is 368,000mg, slightly 147 times higher than the daily recommended amount.
    Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

• Disney Fan 4 Life

My pardon it should be 368 mg for the sodium.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast