Grad Night? Any reviews from previous attendees?

If I can pull together the cash I'd like to spend a night or two next year for the Grad Night weekend. If you've been to a previous year, what's it like? Is it worth it? How much are the grad night tickets generally?

• World of Color

Re: Grad Night? Any reviews from previous attendees?

Are you coming for the weekend for a vacation or coming for the grad night event? The general public is not allowed into the grad night festivities. And if you are a grad or a chaperone contact your school.

Does it have to be done through your school? I thought you could just buy tickets through verification of your age.

• The doctor is in

You have to buy them through your school. If you buy a regular ticket they won't let you into the festivities for grads and you will be kicked out of the park at closing time for regular guests.

Also noticing that your location is Canada, you do know that grad nights are only for local area students, right? Non-area high school students can't buy tickets for the night. You would have to be a regular guest.

• socal native

The event is limited to school groups, and tickets would be purchased through your school. The event is not limited to local schools, but due to travel, cost, hotel stays, etc. most schools who attend are from Southern California. If your school is interested, they should contact group sales.

I figured it wasn't limited to SoCal, but I was unsure of if you had to buy through your secondary school or through the parks.

• The doctor is in

Either way you still have to buy them through your school. You can't go to the park box office and buy a single Grad Night ticket.

• Minion

I drove my nephew to Anaheim High School this morning for him to pick up his tickets for the Grad Night event tonight. His mom pre-ordered and prepaid for them through the school and they had to pick up the tickets at the school between 8 and 10 am this morning, for tonight's event. The event is 8 pm to 3 am tonight, and if they leave the event they can't re-enter.

I think I remember someone talking about how they had contacted disney directly and were able to buy tickets (mom and daughter, IIRC) for the night. I don't think that is usual practice but it couldn't hurt to call and ask.

Disneyland's Sales department can make Grad Nite tickets available for kids who are home-schooled and thus don't have a high school to purchase tickets from.

Otherwise, you need to buy the tickets only through your high school. About 75% of the schools in attendance are from SoCal; Santa Barbara to Palm Springs to San Diego. But quite a few schools also show up from NorCal or Arizona or Nevada, and there have been a few schools from Oregon or Utah who made a multi-day Senior trip out of it.

I'm not sure how a single Canadian citizen would purchase a ticket, or if that would even be allowed. You'd need to contact Sales. I'm thinking it won't be allowed because you don't have a chaperone and you aren't home-schooled.

The buzz from friends who are Special Events Leads is that Grad Nite '13 at DCA isn't going over well and there have been quite a few complaints, both from Grads and chaperones in the park looking for stuff to do and from hotel guests at the Grand Californian and Paradise Pier who are trying to get some sleep.

• The doctor is in

I think the best you can do is just take a normal trip to Disney and wear an "I'm Celebrating" pin or something. Buy some graduation cap Mickey ears and have a good time.

•   

When is grad night over???