Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Should Disneyland Discontinue Child Tickets?

I never paid much attention to the price of Child Tickets, until recently. By Child Tickets, I am referring to those for Children between the ages of 3 and 9 years old. Recently a friend of mine was all excited to be finally taking his 6 year old son to Disneyland. He is only planning a 2 day visit. One day for Disneyland, and one day for DCA. He has visited before, but he has not seen the new DCA/Carsland/Buena Vista expansion. He is excited to ride Radiator Racers. We were discussing ticket prices, and I was astounded that the difference in prices between a child's ticket and an adult ticket is only $6. That's is for a one day, one park ticket, as well as the parkhopper. The difference goes up to only $13, for two days.

I say, why bother? Just average the two prices, and charge everyone the same.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Re: Should Disneyland Discontinue Child Tickets?

When buying tickets for children, it give the appearance of being less (even only a small difference) and sometimes that means more than if the adult was lower and all were the same price.

For some parents, that might be more of incentive to bring them, since they know that Junior at say 3 and 4 is not getting on most if not all the e ticket stuff. While we all know there is so much more than that to the park, I would guess this is part of that rationale. I find it more interesting that it isn't done with the AP program.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I remember when they used to have 3 tiers - Adults, children, and juniors which was an in-between age like from 9 - 15. I don't remember the exact ages though.

• The doctor is in

This is where I think the ticket books would make the most sense. When you are bringing a 3-year old to the park it's a given that you won't be doing rides like Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, etc.. I think it would be fair to make the admission a lower price and give them ticket books for rides they will be able to ride.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

I dunno I kind of feel young kids as well as most seniors don't ride all the rides so it's nice to have a little break in price even if it's only $6

I feel it should be one price for all. Their is things I won't do but a 4 year old would. What's great about Disneyland is their is something for everyone weather the are 3 or 93.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Six dollars won't even pay for a family's parking for the day. I feel if they are going to discount a child's ticket, than the discount should be larger. It only amounts to a discount of between 6 and 7 percent.
    Pop Century Resort

I agree. Disneyland is no place for children. Only mature adults are truly able to appreciate it. For while natural childhood is childhood in a sense, the only true childhood, and therefore the childhood that Disney must serve, is the childhood created by stripping away evil from adults.
    The five worst crimes in the world, in no particular order, are genocide, rape, murder, torture, and flash photography on Space Mountain.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Disneyland is definitely for all ages. Each and every person who enters the park has a good chance to experience enough in their day to come out smiling, when their day is over.

Since there is an equal chance for everyone to have a great time, because of the offerings of the park, I say, the ticket should cost the same for all. Right now, I feel the discounted ticket for children between the ages of three and nine is just a token gesture, and won't be surprised, if eventually the park does charge the same for everyone.
    Pop Century Resort

Quote Originally Posted by Callaghans View Post
    I feel it should be one price for all. Their is things I won't do but a 4 year old would. What's great about Disneyland is their is something for everyone weather the are 3 or 93.
    ^^ This.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Right now, I feel the discounted ticket for children between the ages of three and nine is just a token gesture, and won't be surprised, if eventually the park does charge the same for everyone.
    While I think children should be charged at minimum $10 per ticket less than adults, I do think eventually they will do away with a child's ticket if they can figure out how to do it. There is no child's pricing for some tickets like the special events and the Annual Passports. Perhaps one day they will only have child's pricing for the 3 to 5 day tickets to soften the blow and still make it seem like a child is saving some money.

It's important to remember though, that those of us who come to the park with kids typically stay longer as we must move slower. Especially if we have 2-6 year olds as opposed to 9+. We won't get to as much in 1 day as adults or families with teenagers, it just isn't possible. Also because we stay longer, the difference really evens out in the end as we spend more on food and gifts. So while that discount isn't much, it's nice to see it on the bills at the end of a 7-day trip.

• Ewok

I'm taking my child at 4 months because at the rate my family goes (roughly every two years) my husband and I will have to pay for him to go next time. My son wouldn't even be able to go on half the rides anyways with paying for him to go the next time around anyways.

I can see both sides of this argument. I have 4 kids that all require a ticket due to their ages. While the price difference is minimal, when you multiply it times 4 kids I save $24 on 1 Park per Day tickets. It does add up. The savings are even bigger the more days we spend in the resort. If I only had one child to pay for I would feel the price difference is negligible.
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

I guess this all depends on your group because my group always had about 10 kids and 4 adults. At that point you start saving. It truly does make a difference. If they were to change it so that it is the same price for all I would hope they would start letting 3 year olds in free or have a higher annual pass discount (or keep it the same but have it offered in more areas.)

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast