Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Would you like to see GRR become more Disneyesque?

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    Country Bears are a large variety of bears - on a ride respecting the mascot and State Animal of California, I'd prefer Disney sticks with California Grizzly Bear Animatronics exclusively.
    I agree!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Additions of working machinery/dynamite would also add movement and interest to the scenery.
    You want to put working dynamite on the ride? I think that would be a little dangerous.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    Country Bears are a large variety of bears - on a ride respecting the mascot and State Animal of California, I'd prefer Disney sticks with California Grizzly Bear Animatronics exclusively.
    I agree that they should stick with real bears, but I'd have no problem with a few other indigenous species like black bears as well as other types of animals.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Not BROTHER BEAR or WINNIE THE POOH or any Disney characters, please.

But the crew from Hong Kong Disneyland's Mine Train would be awesome!
    I can't lie...I would love to see Humphrey the Bear and see all his bear friends doing "Put it in the Bag". The thought of that makes smile just a tad.
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I think the bears should be fairly animalistic, even if they discover dynamite I'd prefer they not sing a melody about it.

• Closed Account

I would love to see them add bears, like others have said. Come around a corner and a black bear be standing on his hind legs ready to jump out on you. Overhead, a bear on a branch crossing the river. A bear or even a family of bears fishing in the water. Fish "jumping" in the water similar to the piranhas on the Jungle Cruise, etc.

I really don't want to see it decked out in Disney characters though. Would rather see it decked out in nature. It doesn't even have to be just bears either, though bears would be fun.

• Chief Troublemaker

The addition of California native wildlife AAs would be cool. Bears, Mtn Lions, even little critters and birds. No singing or dancing, please.

I think it would really add to the experience to see them in tableaux along the ride (not in an indoor diorama), but from a maintenance expense standpoint, how realistic would it be to have Disney-quality AAs exposed to the UV rays & weather? I would think it would be crazy expensive to keep the 'innards' working, not to mention keeping the AA's fur in good condition.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

They have outdoor AAs in the Jungle Cruise.

• -

Instead of animatronics they should have real people there in bear suits.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    The addition of California native wildlife AAs would be cool. Bears, Mtn Lions, even little critters and birds. No singing or dancing, please.

I think it would really add to the experience to see them in tableaux along the ride (not in an indoor diorama), but from a maintenance expense standpoint, how realistic would it be to have Disney-quality AAs exposed to the UV rays & weather? I would think it would be crazy expensive to keep the 'innards' working, not to mention keeping the AA's fur in good condition.
    They could easily use the type of figures they use on The Jungle Cruise and along the Rivers of America

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    They could easily use the type of figures they use on The Jungle Cruise and along the Rivers of America

True. I think most those are all painted as opposed to covered in 'real fake' fur, right? I'm trying to picture them. I'm pretty sure the ones on ROA are all painted either plaster or some such material. And the 'furry' ones on the Jungle Cruise are under some type of 'shelter' like a cave or the hut where the apes are, plus there's such thick foliage. GRR is so out in the open, not a lot of sheltered areas. I guess they could retro-fit things to keep the elements off the AAs.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

How about the bear and the scene from the end of The Fox and the Hound? It's realistic enough, but alludes to a Disney film.

I prefer it as is. It's fun, enjoyable and I never leave feeling like it wasn't a Disney experience.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

Sorry if it was mentioned and I missed it, but I just had a horrible idea, so of course I'll share it.

What if they turned it into a horror ride? You see dead woodland critters scattered around the forest. Real looking animals, and sure, why not toss in a decapitated Thumper and perhaps some other maimed Disney animals. The whole ride is super creepy, and then you have a crazed blood thirsty bear looming over you and growling loudly right before the big drop.

I am of course semi kidding.
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by StarDustFairy View Post
    Sorry if it was mentioned and I missed it, but I just had a horrible idea, so of course I'll share it.

What if they turned it into a horror ride? You see dead woodland critters scattered around the forest. Real looking animals, and sure, why not toss in a decapitated Thumper and perhaps some other maimed Disney animals. The whole ride is super creepy, and then you have a crazed blood thirsty bear looming over you and growling loudly right before the big drop.

I am of course semi kidding.
    Remember this is Disney we're talking about.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast