Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Would you like to see GRR become more Disneyesque?

Listen I love this this Ride but the more I ride it , the more potential it might have, first of I would love too see more Disney in it such as animatronics it just needs something a new theme or something , I know a lot of you agree with me on this , but maybe the ride can be re theme to a ride called villain mountain that can showcase all the Disney villains in animatronics , I think this is something that can easily be done because of the size of this attraction , but of course the what does that have to do with California will always come up, please share your thoughts! Or maybe you have your own ideas !

• Minion

Re: Would you like to see GRR become more Disneyesque?

They need more aa's that's all. Great ride loads of fun. Thematically fits. Think it's fine. Needs a mine cart coaster with it but that's another thread.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

The ride fits the theme of being outdoors, with the trees, rocks, and all other terrain very well. But I do agree a couple of animatronics would be nice, maybe an animatronic of a Grizzly Bear, maybe a animatronic of somebody fishing, or a maybe even a hiker!

• Minion

Couple AA's and something explaining the GP legend would suffice

They should put in AA's of native animals especially the Grizzly and Condor.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• Disneyland 19 year APH

What if they took the guy only "alive" AA in HM and pit him against a bear...

Name:  2781163889_9ce030795c_z.jpg
Views: 966
Size:  52.0 KB
    Picture from: All sizes | Disney - Frightened Groundskeeper - The Haunted Mansion | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

I remember being very disappointed with GRR the very first time I rode it in 2002. I expected to see some wildlife along the river. At the very least a Grizzly bear. The ride should have opened with animatronic animals along the river. They don't have to be super realistic. I would be thrilled if they added bears or other animals similar to the ones on the new coaster they built at Hong Kong Disneyland.
    Be a Hippo Hero! Please visit www.SaveTheAnimatronicHippos.org

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    maybe the ride can be re theme to a ride called villain mountain that can showcase all the Disney villains in animatronics
    Please, no. The ride does not need to be infused with Disney characters. A couple of animatronic animals might be nice, but there is no need to take something that is a nice charming raft ride and turn it into yet another platform for marketing the Disney brand.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I honestly don't even notice the absence of any aa's, and I personally don't feel like adding a grizzly bear somewhere around the river will make or break my experience. But, that's just me.

Please no Disney characters! The ride may need only 1 thing. Maybe a bear before the last drop. Otherwise think about the movie Jaws. You don't need to have something consistently there, just the effect of something there. Maybe along the way a keep out sign, no fishing here, couple of trees knocked over. I'm not saying these ideas specifically. But something that will give the impression a bear is around. And a story throughout the queue. like expedition Everest. Never been on it but I hear the story is awesome.

• Mischievous Mouse

They could add Kenai and Denahi from Brother Bear.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Please, no. The ride does not need to be infused with Disney characters. A couple of animatronic animals might be nice, but there is no need to take something that is a nice charming raft ride and turn it into yet another platform for marketing the Disney brand.
    agreed...seeing that its one of the only non character attractions and one of the most realistic ones in the park, I really wouldn't want it to be invaded my characters of any kind

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Not BROTHER BEAR or WINNIE THE POOH or any Disney characters, please.

But the crew from Hong Kong Disneyland's Mine Train would be awesome!

I wouldn't mind some animatronic animals from Bambi. Because A) I think it would suit the vintage national parks aesthetic and B) Bambi isn't all that well represented in the parks so the film would finally get some love. It doesn't have to be "The Bambi River Rapids" ride, just some subtle hints hiding amongst the foliage maybe

• Banned User

I go back and forth on this one simply because there is only so much money to go around.
    Do you realy want to spend more money on a ride that isn't very popular at least 6 months out of the year. I have been there in December when there was virtually no one in line. If they could find a way to minimize the splash in late fall, winter and spring, then I would be all for it.
    Otherwise, Im not sure I wouldn't rather them spend that money asthetically fixing up the rest of the pier, including Screamin queue.
    But, if they were going to do something, I would like them to cover the lift hill all the way to the top. Have some effects inside the lift hill and maybe an old miner " warnin ya bout the danger ahead". Then a couple of nice Grizzly animatronics throughout.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast