Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Future Imagineer

Re: How to attract guests to the Carthay Circle & become a classic like the Blue Bayo

You know what is really needs............................................. .................................................. ........beach balls
    Met Anna and Elsa over 600 times and not afraid to admit it. Just let it go

My YouTube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThomasTheImagineer

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Re: How to attract guests to the Carthay Circle & become a classic like the Blue Bayo

Just for the record, there is a "Standing" CM position present outside of the Carthay Circle to ensure that regular guests don't venture into the adjacent 1901 Lounge by mistake.

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

The last time I went to the Blue Bayou will probably be my last, at least for a long time. We ended up walking out (before ordering anything or having anything on the table except menus) but that's a story for a different thread =/ I've only been to Carthay Circle once but it was a very, very lovely experience and in my opinion I don't think they need an attraction to be connected to it.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought many of the Disney guests knew of Carthay Circles' existence? It certainly isn't hidden in DCA.
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walt Disney

I had the pleasure of dining at Carthay Circle within the first week of it opening, the food and the service were above par, even for Disney. (There was a food allergy and it wasn't listed on the menu, and it was taken care of very quickly)

we were seated within the main dinning room at that point.

I was wanting to go back and had the chance to go with friends, about three months later the service was lacking, it took for ever to get the drinks that were ordered. By the time our main course came out, mine was cold and I sent it back to the kitchen saying so, it took more then a half an hour to get another plate back to the table, and I was very disappointed, as it lacked the flavor as the plate I ate on my first trip. It was only later I learned that the chef had changed.

we were seated out in one of the wings at that time

I decided I would try one last time and giving Disney another chance, I made the reservation a few weeks a head of time, I got there and checked in and I waited, and I waited, my reservation was set for 4.00 it was nearing 4.45 by the time I went up to the desk and asked when I was going to be seated and I was then told that it would be another 20 to 30 minutes, at that point I called Blue Bayou at disneyland and made a reservation for later that evening giving up on eating at Carthay again.

(I've had friends that have eaten there since my second time, and most of them have agreed that the food quality is not on par with what it was)

I might try it again when I renew my pass in a few years time, but for right now unless it has changed and the original chef has come back, it is an over priced place with bland food.

• Unhelpful User

My experience at Carthay earlier this year was wonderful. We checked in at about 6 for our 6:30 reservation and had a drink at the bar, they came to get us right around 6:30 for our seat. We sat in the main dining room (I think) and the entire experience was great. The food is amazing in general and especially good for a theme park... it blows BB away, no question. The drinks were great, the service was good (a good combination of Disney and nice restaurant) and the atmosphere was amazing... such a nice place.

It was one of the highlights of our trip, honestly. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Kungaloosh!

I think the restaurant needs to stop kidding itself and realize that it's definitely not on par with Napa Rose. Not even Steakhouse 55. I like the service better at Carnation Cafe.

The prices are way too high for the blah service. The food is fine.

I like the downstairs bar, though.

Blue Bayou doesn't really pretend to be "upscale" like Carthay, which may be why it's more successful? I mean, just look at the photos on their respective pages on the Disneyland website. They market them differently.

Napa Rose is pretty much the same price as Carthay, and many of the types of people that would be interested in going to Carthay know it lacks in quality and know Napa Rose is one of the best restaurants in Orange County.
    Last edited by KevRus; 06-19-2013 at 03:28 PM.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Also, create a fresh new CG/3-D version of the feature.
    Sorry, but... what? You lost me.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Right Ear View Post
    You know what is really needs............................................. .................................................. ........beach balls
    Or an attraction with a waterfall, a catchy tune and an AA man strumming a banjo.

• Disneyland Dreamer

I ate at both CC and BB a month ago.

CC... lack luster service, improperly cooked food, cold appetizers which should have been hot, etc.

BB.... the exact opposite. Perfectly cooked food, delivered timely, impeccable service.

I don't think I'm ever going back to CC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12