Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Unhelpful User

How to attract guests to the Carthay Circle & become a classic like the Blue Bayou!

Most guests love the the BB restaurant in Disneyland's New Orleans Square, and the same can be done for the struggling Carthay Circle 1st floor, I mean come on they are leaving the doors open just to get in there, but I have an Idea that can be a win win for the guest and for the Carthay Circle , of course this would have to happen during the Hollywood land revamped phase . Coming in the near future, ok here it goes Disney Junior stage would be relocated to stage 12 and the ITTBAB would be demolished to make room for an attraction that connects the Carthay Circle to Hollywood Land attracting more guests to the struggling carthay circle, and adding another ride to the struggling Hollywood Land having the queue for the attraction between HL and CC , would definitely help this cause, and as for the attraction adding a Family ride like a Updated version like great movie ride wouldn't hurt either , please share your thoughts!
    Last edited by DCAfanatic; 06-14-2013 at 02:21 PM.

• socal native

Re: How to attract guests to the Carthay Circle & become a classic like the Blue Bayo

I am not sure that it is struggling. We stop in for a drink or two nearly every time we are there and frequently it is hard to find a free seat. In fact, they just added additional seating to the bar area with additional high top tables. Also, they roped off the area directly in front of reception for guests dining upstairs to wait in, discouraging the lounge guests from sitting there and no longer having wait staff serving that area. You can still sit there, you just have to walk to the bar and order a drink yourself.

I know they have begun leaving the side doors open by the reception desk, but I got the impression that this was a traffic flow option during busy times so the front entrance wasn't jammed with people coming and going.

• Former Churro Jockey

Re: How to attract guests to the Carthay Circle & become a classic like the Blue Bayo

I haven't been in Carthay Circle, but Blue Bayou is hidden deep in New Orleans Square, and people would never find it on their own if it weren't part of Pirates of the Caribbean. Carthay Circle is much more prominently featured in DCA. So I don't know that there's much more Disney can do to promote it other than put a big sign on the side that says "This is actually a restaurant, not a movie theater." But if the food is good (and I hear it is), then it will be fine. Enough locals come to DCA that know that Carthay Circle is a restaurant. I don't know how many locals vs. tourists eat at Blue Bayou, but I know for me it is pretty much my favorite place in the OC to take a date, and I can see Carthay Circle becoming the same kind of thing.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Avid MC reader since 2005

I don't know if they are struggling, either. We have not been there yet because we don't want to take the kids to such an expensive restaurant at Disneyland. We hope to make it there sans kids before our passes expire in September.

One observation I have is that it seems very unwelcoming. Usually the doors are closed and there are CM's that look like they are standing guard to make sure no one comes in. I'm sure that isn't the case but it gives off that impression to me (as a Micechatter who knows better) and so I'm sure it does even more so to guests who don't know what is really going on there. Other restaurants at Disneyland have the benefit of dining being visible to outside guests. Even the Blue Bayou - when you are floating through PotC. The visual of people dining and the aroma of the delicious food draws in more diners. Some people may not even realize Carthay is a restaurant and others may think it is exclusive.

I do think people would have been more interested in dining there had they put in a stage inside with live entertainment (i.e. the Silver Lake sisters of the FFP cafe, and other entertainers of 20's-40's time period). Dinner and a show would make the price they ask for the food more palatable to me, anyhow.

I just don't understand the need for 2 high end restaurants right around the corner from one another, especially with Storyteller's Cafe and Napa Rose on the other side of the peak. Either expand the peak or TTBAB theatre, but both are equal to Blue Bayou (not saying much) but without the ambience.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

the food, is not good, the service is below par. No matter what they say about it, it will not be as good as something walt was actually involved in. BTW the storytellers statue is creepy looking

• Minion

Become well-known for great food at a fair price and you'll succeed.

• Banned User

I don't think people believe it is a theater. Otherwise, people will be lining up to watch a movie, or at least inquire about it.

The problem with Cathay Circle is a similar problem with the Buena Vista shops. The first time I went, I had a hard time finding the casual restaurant (Fiddler, Fifer & P). The fronts were not distinctive. You can't easily tell the stores apart. The added problem with the FFP restaurant is it is also selling Clarabelles ice cream next door in a separate line while also selling Starbucks coffee in the food line. The whole thing is confusing for the first timer.

The stores and restaurants need better visual clues on what it is selling.
    Last edited by StevenW; 06-17-2013 at 01:11 PM.

• Closed Account

I can attract more guests to Carthay Circle...make it inviting so it doesn't look like you are entering a highly guarded prison with guards at the doors from the outside. Make the food worthy of the rest of the dining experiences in DCA and make something special about the place that is uniquely Carthay Circle, run an old stage show on a stage, or run black and white movies on big screens. Do something to make it fun and inviting and people will come. Though it's already hugely popular as it's always crowded.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    I can attract more guests to Carthay Circle...make it inviting so it doesn't look like you are entering a highly guarded prison with guards at the doors from the outside. Make the food worthy of the rest of the dining experiences in DCA and make something special about the place that is uniquely Carthay Circle, run an old stage show on a stage, or run black and white movies on big screens. Do something to make it fun and inviting and people will come. Though it's already hugely popular as it's always crowded.
    I actually thought before it opened that it would sort of be themed like a theater. I mean I knew it was a seating restaurant but I thought the would be a movie theater screen where people could look at clips of maybe the actual Snow White premiere, maybe behind the scenes about how the movie was made, clips from the film, etc. It could run on a loop. It wouldnt have to even have volume just closed captioning. Just something to tie the restaurant to the theme. Or maybe that might be too tacky for some but as said above make it a bit more involved.

Just for the record, I eaten there a few times including opening day and I really like the restaurant. Its too pricey for me to eat often but the times I have eaten there Im good with the general service and ambiance. But I can understand it if others want more of a themed hook to the restaurant too. Lets be honest most people eat at Blue Bayou not really just for the food but the really cool themed environment. I guess others was hoping CCT have a little more of that as well.
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 06-18-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Hi! longtime lurker! I need to just put my 2 cents in. Not to long ago i was at DLR on a trip. CCT had great service and food. I think it's just as good, if not better, than BB. Of course i have only been to BB once and CCT twice on my last trip out, but i would chose lunch or dinner at CCT over BB any day.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Feature the original version of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, and lay a red carpet out (with all the bells and whistles) as if it were the premier back in the day. Also, create a fresh new CG/3-D version of the feature. The Blue Bayou's popularity is directly attached to a classy associated attraction, as should the Carthay Circle restaurant. It wouldn't hurt to have the Seven Swarf's Mine Train someplace in DCA as well - and a special pathway of some sort connecting it to Cathay Circle.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Blew By You

If people are confusing it as a theater instead of a restaurant, then there is a problem.

• Selfie Expert

I've dined at BB, and don't plan to go back - it was nice for a one time experience, but the food and service were lacking.

I haven't yet had a chance to dine at CC, but am dying to. I've heard great reviews, and every time I've stopped by to see if I could get a table without a reservation it has been booked. That's saying something! It doesn't seem to be struggling at all from what I've seen and heard.

That being said, I've never against adding a little magic into anything.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• *Experiment 999*

I don't think people are confusing it for a theater. It does have a menu outside too people should be smart enough to realize menu=restaurant

The space inside CC is way smaller than BB it seems. I couldn't find an actual capacity listed for either, so if anyone has that info... As far as non reserved dining is concerned, I've gotten more "walk-in" seating at BB than CC. I generally prefer BB to CC anyway. CC is just seemingly too pretentious for me. It's atmosphere is also lacking for my taste. At least even if you have bad service/food at BB, you have the ambiance of Pirates around you

Back to the point- whenever i'm by CC, it seems to be a full house in there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast