• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Who Framed Roger Rabbit 25th Anniversary Screening & Panel

Who Framed Roger Rabbit 25th Anniversary Screening | Downtown Disney District

A Limited Time Annual Passholder Magic Event

Celebrate the 25th anniversary of Disney's classic film, Who Framed Roger Rabbit with a hare-raising screening for Annual Passholders. Following the screening will be a very special panel discussion featuring some of the members of the creative team that brought the movie to life—seamlessly combining live-action and animation. The panel will be hosted by Don Hahn, Associate Producer of Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and is also scheduled to include Director of Special Projects at Walt Disney Feature Animation, Dave Bossert, Visual Effects Animator on Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Charles Fleischer, the voice of Roger Rabbit.
    With Limited Time Annual Passholder Magic, Annual Passholders have exciting opportunities, offers and events like this:
    Date
    Tuesday, June 18, 2013
    Screening & Panel Discussion Location
    AMC 12 Theaters in Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort
    Screening Time
    7:00 p.m.
    Event Registration and Wristband Distribution

• Registration and wristband distribution for the event will begin at 12:00 noon on the day of the event at the AMC 12 Theaters in Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort.
    • All participating Guests (ages 3 and older) must be valid Annual Passholders on the day of the event. Guests under the age of 3 do not need an Annual Pass, but will need a wristband to attend the event.
    • Registration must be completed in person at the AMC 12 Theaters on the day of the event only; no phone reservations or other registration will be accepted.
    • It is recommended that all members of your party register together to help ensure that everyone receives a wristband.
    • All participating Annual Passholders must present their active Annual Passport to the event Cast Member, who will check event availability. Photo ID may be required.
    • Annual Passholders whose Annual Passes are blocked out for the day of event may attend the event as long as they are a valid Disneyland Resort Annual Passholder.

Wristbands

• Once an Annual Passholder has presented a valid Annual Passport and event availability has been confirmed, the Annual Passholder will be registered for the event and will receive an event wristband.
    • Event wristbands are required for admission to the event.
    • Registration and distribution of event wristbands are based on availability.
    • Space is limited and wristbands do not guarantee seating at the event.
    • Wristbands may not be sold or transferred for commercial purposes and have no cash value.

Additional Information

• The AMC 12 Theaters will open 15 minutes prior to screening time for Passholders with wristbands. Seating is not guaranteed
    • Late arrivals will not be accommodated.
    • Show time, guest speakers and other information and elements of the event are subject to restrictions, change and cancellation without notice.
    • Subject to capacity, scheduled resort events and other restrictions.

Parking

• Parking will be available at any Disneyland Resort theme park parking facility or the Downtown Disney District parking facility.
    • Standard parking fees will apply.
    • The Downtown Disney District parking facility is free for up to 3 hours—or up to 5 hours with validation from participating locations.
    • Shuttle service to all other Disneyland Resort parking lots will end at their normally scheduled times following Disneyland Park closing.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Who Framed Roger Rabbit 25th Anniversary Screening & Panel

Awesome I wish I lived closer. This was a groundbreaking, revolutionary movie.

• -

Why do they always hold these things mid-week? On the bright side, the panel discussion is afterward so one can just go and see the movie on the big screen again and then ditch out on the other part.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Why do they always hold these things mid-week?
    To try to draw AP's in during mid week in hopes to lighten the crowd/parking loads on the weekends. As well as lure AP's to spend more than just a an hour or two in the park without spending any money.
    You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

Grrr this is one of my favorite Disney movies! Even if I had a pass, my work is too far to drive over on my lunch break and register. Maybe Disney should partner with Fathom Events and offer these as special screenings to those who want to see this and other films. Turner Classic Movies does this all the time.

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

Name:  DSCN1263.JPG
Views: 321
Size:  97.5 KBName:  DSCN1266.JPG
Views: 322
Size:  91.2 KB

Roger Rabbit made an appearance at the end of the panel.

The movie was of course incredible and holds up amazingly well after 25 years.
    The panel was a delight......a great evening and a wonderful offering to pass holders.

Name:  DSCN1267.JPG
Views: 321
Size:  71.8 KB

A love of Disney that sometimes borders on the edge of crazy ---but I'm okay with that

http://braddisneylandblog.blogspot.com/

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Very cool! Thanks for sharing. Any interesting bits from the panel?

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

I'd already heard or read most of what they talked about before.
    Charles Fleischer is kind of a loose cannon as far as a panelist, since he will just blurt out anything that comes to his mind.

Don Hahn said that there are currently no plans for anything involving Roger movie wise or park wise to the question you know was coming is there ever going to be a sequel.

A love of Disney that sometimes borders on the edge of crazy ---but I'm okay with that

http://braddisneylandblog.blogspot.com/

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I never saw this because I am NOT getting emails. I have no idea why since I have the correct email in my AP profile. I would have liked to have done this. Ah well.

• film975

Well, I am glad I went. It was great seeing this film on the big screen again. Who Framed Roger Rabbit started my incurable love for filmmaking. I was so enthralled with how they combined the animation with the live action that I wanted to find out how they did that when I was a kid. And it was a big thrill for me to be able to tell the panel that. Mister Fleischer responded by saying that was a sweet of me to say.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    Very cool! Thanks for sharing. Any interesting bits from the panel?
    Charles Fleischer, one of the great live stand-up comedians of the past few decades, remains fascinating to watch. He mentioned that this was only the 2nd time he'd appeared alongside Roger Rabbit, the 1st was with the late Princess Diana at a Royal premiere of the film in England (where all the animation for the film was produced). Fleischer is also a terrific live action actor, check out his unshakable performance in David Fincher's 'Zodiac'.

Producer Don Hahn said that that at the time of the film's release there were articles pointing to the "outrageous" amount of money the Spielberg-produced film was spending on animation, $6 million (!) compared to the $200+ million the average animated feature costs today. He also told me after the panel that 'Roger' and 'Frankenweenie' (the Oscar-nominated Tim Burton film he produced last year) are both similiar to him. He feels they're both underrated masterpieces that over time find their appreciative audiences.

Mr. Hahn's next film for Disney is 'Maleficent' starring Angelina Jolie set for release next year. All of the principal photography has been completed, with all the focus is now all on the animation and special effects.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006