• Iron-Clad Allie

A Couple Of Smaller DCA Attractions To Go Along With Monsters' Door Coaster

Long before Al's awesome breaking news that the next ride project for DCA will be a Monsters' Door Coaster, there was a rumor that two smaller attractions would be built in Cars Land, along with a Sci-Fi Drive-In. I'm envisioning two attractions as follows:

1) Tugboatopia - A combination dark ride, and trackless Cars version of Disney Sea Aquatopia. Like Crush's Coaster at Walt Disney Studios Park, the dark ride would incorporat a "wet for dry" environment. The trackless segment would utilize an actual water environment (as w/ Aquatopia) w/ various rocks and other objects to dodge. The vehicles would also function as "bumperboats".

2) Trev's Freight Train Coaster. A moderate sized swivel coaster like the Seven dwarfs Mine Train. Train would travel thru industrial area of Radiator Springs, and thru a building (dark ride section) where agricultural products are being processed.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-26-2013 at 10:03 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: A Couple Of Smaller DCA Attractions To Go Along With Monsters' Door Coaster

The notion of the long-rumored Sci-Fi Drive-In at DCA's Cars Land has always been highly appealing to me. Just to be different, Munchin' Motor Flicks might be an alternative thematic name that could be used. Guests would sit in cars, trucks and on motorcycles while they eat meals and watch action, sci-fi and comedy films. There would also be an assortment of video and other electronic games to play.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-26-2013 at 10:06 AM.

• Nutty about Disney parks

That would be alot of small rides for Carsland since they already have Mater Jamboree and Flying Tires. I would rather they invest into one medium-sized ride if there were such a thing.

The Drive in idea at Cars land is awesome! Perhaps switch out Luigi's Flying tires to Luigies Tires and Drive-in. THey could take out those "flying tires" that has had bad reviews and somehow fit the drive in right there instead...

If I remember correctly, in the early design phase of Carsland a Sci-fi Drive In type restaurant was being developed. But as the project progressed funds had to shift around and plans for the restaurant were scrapped.

I would like to see it return at some point in the future. Maybe a few years down the road as a phase 2 expansion for Carsland.
    Be a Hippo Hero! Please visit www.SaveTheAnimatronicHippos.org

• Banned User

As it currently stands, I realy don't see DCA needing another Restaurant. I think more growth needs to take place first. Also, remember that we were told the Drive In restaurant ,as well as some of the placemaking for PP was scrapped so they could realy blow the doors off of Little Mermaid.
    There sure was a lot of excuse making and BS going around back then. :-)

• Iron-Clad Allie

Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-17-2013 at 03:16 PM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    That would be alot of small rides for Carsland since they already have Mater Jamboree and Flying Tires. I would rather they invest into one medium-sized ride if there were such a thing.
    A Cars Land 4D theater would be perfect. It could have automobiles to sit in while eating and watching CG movies that feature, cars, trucks, planes, trains, boats, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RacerGT View Post
    The Drive in idea at Cars land is awesome! Perhaps switch out Luigi's Flying tires to Luigies Tires and Drive-in. THey could take out those "flying tires" that has had bad reviews and somehow fit the drive in right there instead...
    Glad you like the idea, but I think there is still land that can be expanded onto - even if they have to tear out one or two properties across the closest Anaheim street, and build a walkway beneath it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kohrsfilms View Post
    If I remember correctly, in the early design phase of Carsland a Sci-fi Drive In type restaurant was being developed. But as the project progressed funds had to shift around and plans for the restaurant were scrapped.

I would like to see it return at some point in the future. Maybe a few years down the road as a phase 2 expansion for Carsland.
    A Sci-Fi Drive-In was designated as part of Phase 2 some time ago. And, it would be fun galore to have one!

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    As it currently stands, I realy don't see DCA needing another Restaurant. I think more growth needs to take place first. Also, remember that we were told the Drive In restaurant ,as well as some of the placemaking for PP was scrapped so they could realy blow the doors off of Little Mermaid.
    There sure was a lot of excuse making and BS going around back then. :-)
    A well themed Cars restaurant would be well worth waiting for growth to catch up. Nice post, planodisney.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-26-2013 at 10:10 AM.

I really like the idea of the drive in eatery but with limited amount of real estate i would really like them to use the land for attraction expansion. DCA seems to have enough eateries

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I really like the idea of the drive in eatery but with limited amount of real estate i would really like them to use the land for attraction expansion. DCA seems to have enough eateries
    Agreed Baloo, attraction expansion is far more important than another eatery. There's much that can be done with moderate sized attractions that can make them seem as fun as a headliner. Matar's Junkyard Jubilee is an excellent example of this. Too many, Luigi's Flying Tires (and Beachballs - ha ha) is also a great fun example.

All that said, perhaps enuff extra area could be found to build a Sci-fi Drive-in in on, as such an idea would constitute an eatery/attraction hybrid.