Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Ducksketeer

Re: Annual Pass Perks

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    And those who live thousands of miles away and save for years to go to DLR just once in their lives wish AP holders who whine about how they need more perks or about how their price goes up each year would quit whining about that as well.

My family is in the midst of saving $6,000+ so the three of us can visit DLR in 2016. This is OUR CHOICE. We CHOOSE to spend that money for a once-in-a-lifetime trip. We do not "envy" the AP holders anything but their proximity to the park and ability to enjoy the benefits of the AP program.
    Living is SoCal is also a choice, right? Just like living in Ohio I would presume? But seriously, why not do an off season trip to Walt Disney World from Ohio? In Orlando there are many more deal offers than in SoCal. We did a trip to Orlando a few years back and it was under $1500 for three people staying 7 nights in the Wilderness lodge (concierge floor), with all park hopper passes and transportation to and from the airport included. We only needed to pay for meals (although we had free breakfast and afternoon snacks on the hotel deal), and pay for airfare. Only thing was we went in mid June and it was hotter than you know what? But mid-westerners should be used that kind of humidity, wouldn't they?

• Ducksketeer

Quote Originally Posted by huskydawg View Post
    Since I don't drive, I would like some perk for taking public transportation (MTA Line 460) to the park. This would really be nice since Disney is pushing the whole green thing.
    Did you mean to say "taxpayer supported transportation"? Since the true cost of your choice of transportation is not actually paid for by the riders, isn't that already a perk?

I don't need any perks. Just good service with a smile is enough for me.

• Element of Laughter

They experimented with an Annual Passholder entrance once, back in I would like to say somewhere between 2004 and 2007. . . The big problem with it, IMHO, they didn't have any signage or any way to let Annual Passholders know which turnstile to go to. . . if they do permanently have a special entrance for Annual Passholders only, they should have a sign there to let people know. . .
    ​Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?

• Element of Laughter

Here are the perks I liked about having an Annual Pass:
    1. Being able to go whenever I felt like it, or whenever I had a day off from work.
    2. Free parking. I know they charge for the parking pass add-on unless you get the premium, but when I first got mine, back in 1984, there was only one level, and parking was included, and even when I got my first pass in 1995 after not having one since I got out of high school, parking was included. I think the only time I ever paid for the parking pass was when I renewed it in March 1996, and I upgraded to Premium in December of that year.
    3. Discounts at stores and restaurants. Who doesn't like to save a buck or 3 here and there?
    ​Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?

• Banned User

I think the perks they have now are pretty good actually. I think a seperate entrance would be fine too (and its not like you HAVE to use it people) but on days where all or most Aps are valid probably wont make much of a difference. But when its only Premiums or with just Deluxe, sure it could be very efficient.

Personnalizing the passport Im surprised this isnt done now actually? Seems like Disney would take advantage of charging $10 to change your card however you like. I think i just gave them an idea lol.

But I dont think Aps need anymore perks considering places like Tokyo you get zip! No discounts, parking, special events, nada, just access to the parks with it. And no one here is asking for anything major anyway, just small efficency issues mainly or having more options to do the special events.

But being back in the states for 3 years now its amazing how SoCal theme parks have really turned their businesses into people coming all year now with cheap Aps (although I wouldnt call Disneys cheap, BUT definitely a great value for what you get). So yeah they all offer amazing perks and Im still amazed with just the price of a Disney Deluxe you can go to Knotts, Universal, Sea World and Magic Mountain combined and STILL have change when its all said and done (of course you ARE paying for two full day parks at DLR as well), so yeah if you are a theme park nut and live in a place like SoCal you really got it made!

• Ducksketeer

I think it would be cool if at least at the table service restaurants there could be some special recognition of AP holders when you make your reservation. No special perks, just a special acknowledgement by the wait staff as a matter of policy. Our favorite server had always done that for us each time we visited, and it just gave an extra special touch to the meal. She would always thank us by letting us know how much she appreciated our annual membership and patronage.

And of course we would always thank her with a generous tip. She was a real lady.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USS Seawolf View Post
    But seriously, why not do an off season trip to Walt Disney World from Ohio?
    Because we want (a) Cars Land (my boy will be 7 when we go), (b) the experience of the illusion of walking into the Haunted Mansion and (c) the other subtle differences that make Disneyland DISNEYLAND and not WDW. This trip will also be a celebration of my 50th birthday and a trip to Disneyland is something I've dreamed of since I first went to WDW in 1976.
    *apologies to everyone who has heard this story ad nauseum in my other posts & my MC blog*

A trip to WDW is planned for 2020, when my son turns 12 and will be better able to appreciate all the resort facilities at WDW and be tall enough to ride everything at all 4 parks.

Only thing was we went in mid June and it was hotter than you know what? But mid-westerners should be used that kind of humidity, wouldn't they?
    True dat! Although our 2020 trip will likely be in mid-September. Being used to that kind of humidity doesn't mean we want it! LOL!

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• Not on the Jedi Council

The only thing I would like is for them to do an Annual Passholder monthly e-mail explaining what events are coming up. The only e-mail I tend to get from them tells me when Blu-Rays are coming out or is other kinds of non-park spam.

• Blew By You

I'm fine with the current discounts and parking perks. I'd be afraid that the company would see perks as a reason to raise prices, even if we would not use the additional perks. You don't get something for nothing at Disney.

The free parking and dining/merchandise discounts are great perks (and save even us non-locals quite a bit), but I agree: an AP turnstile or two would be great. We recently went for the first time since the photo thing for regular tickets started. It's a good idea, but really slows things down. My daughter and I are DL pros, and (childishly) whined a bit (ok, a lot) about the wait.

• Sock Puppet

The OP took the words right out of my mouth, do you read minds? LOL. Anyways my last visit to the parks I have noticed that ever sence cast members started taking pictures of guests lines have slowed down alot to get, if they werent already slow, so I came up with an idea that would use the enterance turnstiles to the far right for AP enterances, but then low self esteem came over me and the idea was instantly trashed. Allso what I think would be cool on our anual pass would be to have some type of special points system, the more we visit the parks, the move merchandise we buy or food, the more points we accumulate, and eventually we could get rewards from it

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Perks cost money......someone will have to pay for them.

I think a better question to ask is;

Do AP holders want their AP's to cost even more than they already do in order to be treated with extra niceties beyond the ability to visit the park for 170+ days a year for as little as $1.64 a visit?
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• -

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeDepot14 View Post
    Allso what I think would be cool on our anual pass would be to have some type of special points system, the more we visit the parks, the move merchandise we buy or food, the more points we accumulate, and eventually we could get rewards from it
    We get rewards now. We are rewarded with the potential to be admitted to Disneyland for under $2/day, plus food and merchandise discounts on top of that.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    We get rewards now. We are rewarded with the potential to be admitted to Disneyland for under $2/day, plus food and merchandise discounts on top of that.
    But what I mean is possibly complimentry tickets for a family member or friend, complementry halloween party ticket, D23 event without being a D23 member, hotel stays, dream suite raffle, club 33 raffle.... Theres so much potnetial for a rewards points system

• A Happy Haunt

I like the idea for a "Loyalty" rewards program. Its also a very clever way for "the company" to invcrease profits. Much like a shoppers reward card. Sure, having an AP could translate to entry into the park for next to nothing, but that means youd have to go every day. So that is a pro/con debate point, when debating the extremes.

Points per visit/food/product purchases, hotel bookings, etc... would be great, since when I go, I'm always spending and of course, appreciative of the discount to begin with.

Loyalty Rewards, could be a game changer.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast