Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• A Suitcase & A Dream

Annual Pass Perks

What kind perks or additions to the annual pass program would you like to see? I would like the ability to choose from different designs of the card itself. Right now it looks like a gift card for Disney Store, if they can manage to theme the Photopass cards why not our passes. Another thing I would like is an Annual Passholder entrance, just seems like it would go faster.

• #bringevilback

Re: Annual Pass Perks

An AP enterance would be fantastic! We all know to have our passes out and ready, plus no waiting behind a huge group were they have to check everyone's picture! Just one turnstile each park would be enough...

•   
    • Minion

I'd love to be able to choose my AP card's theme, too.

What I'd like most from the AP plan is a continuation of the special events and parties they've been having for APs - but I'd like them to be more convenient. Right now a lot of them either require you to reserve in person (like the F! event where you had to go to the ticket booths) or they're announced at the last minute, which makes them hard to get to. I really would prefer if they ran some of the events like the Soundsational parties, where you could email in advance to reserve.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Closed Account

My vote is definitely for an annual pass holder entrance. There is nothing more frustrating that getting in "that" line, when everything seems to be running smoothly and then you get behind "that" group that has 10-12 printed tickets and none of them seem to scan the first time around.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by imagineerthat View Post
    I would like the ability to choose from different designs of the card itself.
    They have had options for the card picture in before. It would be nice if they offered it again.

Quote Originally Posted by imagineerthat View Post
    Another thing I would like is an Annual Passholder entrance, just seems like it would go faster.
    With the amount of annual passholders out there, that would be the longest line in the park.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Selfie Expert

It might be the longest line, but also the quickest moving. I seem to pick the shortest, slowing moving lines EVERY time!

I vote for an AP entrance. Picking the design on the card would also be great, and be hard for me to resist wanting to collect them all. I haven't been able to make any AP only events since I'm out of town, but I agree that more of these with the ability to reserve further out in advance would make them more accessible.

All great suggestions!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• A Happy Haunt

AP only "extended stay" or "early entry".
    The AP gates would be nice but there would need to be 4 turnstiles minimum.
    an exclusive AP merchandise expo/store.

Another vote for AP entrance.

I would like Passholders to appreciate the fact that their "perks" are getting to visit the parks frequently. That alone should be enough.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Hmm, I'm not quite sure how beneficial a separate AP line would be. It often surprises me how many APers are actually out there. I would think the lines for the AP line would be longer than a regular line because there are just so many nowadays. When waiting in line to park at M&F, it always seems like everyone is using their APs to park and nobody is using actual money.

But then again, maybe the speed at which an APer can go through the entrance turnstiles might equal out the long line of APers. If the AP line is actually shorter than the regular lines, then yes that would be an awesome perk. But then there might be periods where there is no line at the AP line and the CM at the turnstile would just be standing there doing nothing. It wouldn't be efficient and also would cause Disney to lose money.

I think the increase in AP events that Disney has been doing lately is definitely an awesome perk. I would agree with others that I wish they were a little more convenient to sign up for.

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    I would like Passholders to appreciate the fact that their "perks" are getting to visit the parks frequently. That alone should be enough.
    I wouldn't really say that it's a perk; it's a product that you paid for. Also, there are different tiers with different block dates, and a person would buy the pass that would best reflect their availability.

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    APs plenty appreciate the fact that they can visit the park frequently. But the fact of the matter is that the Walt Disney Company continues to increase our prices more so than any other ticket type. In return for our loyalty and to keep up perceived value, they give annual pass holders certain perks and access to exclusive events. This thread is simply a discussion of what we would like to see in the future regarding the perks that we will get.

As for what I'd like to see this year, I'd like more things like the F! anniversary showing. There was such a good atmosphere that night. Everyone was super enthusiastic and it felt sort of like a party. They could be simple like an after hours party in tomorrowland with a DJ, and Space Mountain running with the lights on...or maybe with some dance music and lasers, lights, and fog.

As for making reservations available online, I don't know If that would work too great. They do that with limited release pins on occasion and way too many people sign up since its so easy. They end up having to do a lottery drawing and most people who signed on don't even show up . I feel like in person reservations make sure those who sign up are committed and able to attend. I can't tell you how many times I've been not picked for a pin release only to find that I could have walked right up and gotten the pins easy.
    Last edited by Pinrar; 06-16-2013 at 07:37 PM.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    A
    As for making reservations available online, I don't know If that would work too great. They do that with limited release pins on occasion and way too many people sign up since its so easy. They end up having to do a lottery drawing and most people who signed on don't even show up . I feel like in person reservations make sure those who sign up are committed and able to attend. I can't tell you how many times I've been not picked for a pin release only to find that I could have walked right up and gotten the pins easy.
    The thing with making people sign up in person, though, is that it's really hard for anyone who doesn't live around the block from DLR or go to the park every single week. I am three hours away by mass transit - so asking me to make a six hour round trip to sign up for something days in advance is often totally impossible. So I miss out. When it's something that you can sign up for the day of, like the movies, it's a bit better.

When they did the Soundsational parties, they did a lottery from everyone who had expressed interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    The thing with making people sign up in person, though, is that it's really hard for anyone who doesn't live around the block from DLR or go to the park every single week. I am three hours away by mass transit - so asking me to make a six hour round trip to sign up for something days in advance is often totally impossible. So I miss out. When it's something that you can sign up for the day of, like the movies, it's a bit better.

When they did the Soundsational parties, they did a lottery from everyone who had expressed interest.
    Day of event sign up is the best imo, but when a headcount is needed in advance what do you do when a large portion of people don't show? Because some one who thought they might go signed up and didn't show, he or she took the spot of someone who wanted to and was willing and able to attend.

I suppose the best way would be online first come first serve at midnight so those who really want to go can stay up and have a shot. Sort of like how concert tickets work. Heck, I wouldn't even mind putting down a $5 deposit to guarantee a spot. I just don't like the whole lottery thing knowing that those who are seriously interested are in the drawing with people who signed up on impulse and who more than likely would not be able to show up anyway.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    Day of event sign up is the best imo, but when a headcount is needed in advance what do you do when a large portion of people don't show? Because some one who thought they might go signed up and didn't show, he or she took the spot of someone who wanted to and was willing and able to attend.

I suppose the best way would be online first come first serve at midnight so those who really want to go can stay up and have a shot. Sort of like how concert tickets work. Heck, I wouldn't even mind putting down a $5 deposit to guarantee a spot. I just don't like the whole lottery thing knowing that those who are seriously interested are in the drawing with people who signed up on impulse and who more than likely would not be able to show up anyway.
    True - you can always have a standby line, though. That way if you have no-shows, you can compensate and still have a full event. That's what a lot of talk shows/etc. do. That way, people can sign up in advance, and if they no-show, their spot will still be filled by someone who wants it.

With the Soundsational parties, it didn't seem as though they had any trouble filling the event to capacity.

Lotteries, I'm on the fence about. On the one hand everyone has an equal chance of winning; on the other, as you say, you are drawbacks. I suppose another way would just be first come first serve, as they do with concert tickets and other events.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Another vote for an AP entrance (although my reasons are much different than previous posters)
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast