Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    • Unhelpful User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cerritos Ca
    Posts
    711

    How about a grand circle tram tour around the DCA park?

    So instead of a train like in disneyland it would be a tram around DCA park with stops at Hollywood Land, Cars Land , Paradise Pier and Condor flats , What do you think could it work, look at the map and see?

  2. #2

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Notre Dame
    Posts
    2,821

    Re: How about a grand circle tram tour around the DCA park?

    How about a grand circle tour train with the California Zephyr. It is probably impractical, but its fun to dream, right?

  3. #3

    • Unhelpful User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cerritos Ca
    Posts
    711

    Re: How about a grand circle tram tour around the DCA park?

    Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    How about a grand circle tour train with the California Zephyr. It is probably impractical, but its fun to dream, right?
    yes it is!

  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    410

    Re: How about a grand circle tram tour around the DCA park?

    they need this. too much walking. need transportation

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    407

    Re: How about a grand circle tram tour around the DCA park?

    I think a circle tour would a great addition to the park. Love the idea of a zephyr train themed ride too. Different enough to Disneyland to make unique, fits the California theme and walts love of trains. Could even add an orange farm diorama of 1920s Anaheim (a la Jack Benny) with suitable aromas :-)

  6. #6

    • Chief Troublemaker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere, out there
    Posts
    1,639

    Re: How about a grand circle tram tour around the DCA park?

    I think it would be neat if they could expand the Red Car Trolley (or create a separate 'line') for the circle tour. Would be in keeping with that rapidly diminishing 'California theme'. And since a trolley car can usually run backwards & forwards (and DCA doesn't have a 'berm' to make a complete circle possible, like with the DLRR, a trolley line could start at one side of the entrance and run around the park to the other without blocking people entering the park. They'd just have to encorporate small 'sidings' for the stops at Cars Land, Paradise Pier, and Condor Flats to allow for multiple trollies going back and forth. Since Hollywood/future Monstropolis already has a Red Car 'line' you really wouldn't need a stop there. Or just continue the current line from where it goes 'backstage' by TOT on around to Condor Flats.

    I think the main impediment is that there just isn't enough room on the 'edges' of DCA to have a circle tour what with needed backstage areas, the Grand, etc & you couldn't have it in the midst of pedestrian traffic. I guess if it was 'Disney's Chicago Adventure' they could build an elevated track LOL.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

  7. #7

    • Unhelpful User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cerritos Ca
    Posts
    711

    Re: How about a grand circle tram tour around the DCA park?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I think it would be neat if they could expand the Red Car Trolley (or create a separate 'line') for the circle tour. Would be in keeping with that rapidly diminishing 'California theme'. And since a trolley car can usually run backwards & forwards (and DCA doesn't have a 'berm' to make a complete circle possible, like with the DLRR, a trolley line could start at one side of the entrance and run around the park to the other without blocking people entering the park. They'd just have to encorporate small 'sidings' for the stops at Cars Land, Paradise Pier, and Condor Flats to allow for multiple trollies going back and forth. Since Hollywood/future Monstropolis already has a Red Car 'line' you really wouldn't need a stop there. Or just continue the current line from where it goes 'backstage' by TOT on around to Condor Flats.

    I think the main impediment is that there just isn't enough room on the 'edges' of DCA to have a circle tour what with needed backstage areas, the Grand, etc & you couldn't have it in the midst of pedestrian traffic. I guess if it was 'Disney's Chicago Adventure' they could build an elevated track LOL.
    they would have to get rid of RCCT to make a stop there leading you to GRR

  8. #8

    • Chief Troublemaker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere, out there
    Posts
    1,639

    Re: How about a grand circle tram tour around the DCA park?

    Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    they would have to get rid of RCCT to make a stop there leading you to GRR
    Well, never thought it could be seriously done, there just isn't enough space around the perimeter of the park (like the DLRR runs around the perimeter of DL on the berm). But it's fun to imagine it, isn't it? Just think what the parks would be like if all our 'imaginings' could be made real. There'd be a lot of attractions with loops, from what I see here on MC!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Similar Threads

  1. [Idea] Bring the Halloween Tram Tour to the Studios
    By wumbology in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-06-2010, 12:20 PM
  2. [News] WDS : marks near Tram Tour on the grass ! Constructions To Begin ?
    By DLRP_bopazot in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-17-2009, 02:19 PM
  3. Grand Circle Tour of DCA (A train idea)
    By zach1 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 12-01-2007, 11:08 AM
  4. Trip report 8/27/06 - Grand Circle Tour Onboard The Lilly Belle (Merged)
    By WatchYourHeadNStep in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-29-2006, 12:26 PM
  5. USH getting a new Tram Tour attraction--it's about time!
    By JesterMn in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-25-2006, 02:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •