Early December crowds?

Hey all you helpful and knowledgeable people out there--what do you think crowds will look like Monday, December 4-Saturday the 9th? We are talking about a trip then to see the holiday decorations and maybe the HMH overlays (interesting debate; can't wait to see how it turns out) and all that. Just curious if there's anything big I'm missing like the world's largest convention during those dates or something like that. Any other interesting info for that time? Rumors about shows, whatever? THANKS!--min

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Re: Early December crowds?

You are certainly better off by planning your trip during the week, even though the park does close earlier. It has been crazy crowded from Thanksgiving through the New Year. I couldn't begin to predict how it will be next winter.

Are we getting Holiday Haunted Mansion? Look for more info on this and don't plan your trip around it. As they say, everything is subject to change without notice!
    A signature should go here.

• Rock Star Minion

Cast Member Holiday Family parties are usually held on the first Monday/Tuesday of December. That means DL will close at 6PM, and DCA will likely also close at its normal 6PM time. (Maybe next year will be different. I doubt it.)
    You read it here first, and you're likely to read it every time someone asks about these dates. (About five more times before then. It's a FAQ.)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Just Me

The first weekend of December is usually when Candlelight is held, so things get crowded.

• Circle of Ancients

Our early December vacation was fun, but we couldn't touch Disneyland on Saturday. It was Candlelight weekend, and the crowds were unbelievable, well... they were pretty believable. I think you'll have a nice time anyway though, but, if you don't want to see the Candlelight Processional, stay away from Disneyland Park on those days.

Ooh, thanks for the replies! I will certainly take all that into account. Now, one more question...what is candlelight? Thanks!