Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23
  1. #16

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    467

    Re: Trip Report! 6.15.13

    Quote Originally Posted by iceicebergha View Post
    I can totally see where you're coming from, but having worked in the customer service industry for a few years, I know that most businesses won't operate this way. Even if you may never hear any sort of "personal" follow up, I can recall one or two instances working in retail where a customer reported something a few days after it happened, and by the time it got to us, it was weeks later, yet still important and actions were taken to ensure it wouldn't happen again. Considering how vital the character interactions are to the Disney experience, I can't imagine that if you sent these photos (which frustrate the hell out of me everytime I look at them!) and explained the situation, date/time, etc., Aurora wouldn't get a stern talking to. They are, at the end of the day, operating a business, and when one of their employees provides a less than stellar service, they should be aware of it. (I'm a fan of the strongly worded letter, can't you tell?
    I shot them a letter a few minutes ago as well as sent on the pictures. Will await their response.

    The last incident I had a problem with at Disneyland was a couple years ago, near Christmas time, we wanted a light up balloon in the evening (the princess one) and we made a special trip back to Disneyland on the ART bus just to get the balloon. I waited because the balloon seller was in the back filling up balloons for 40 minutes until the balloon seller came up. This guy with a Mad Hatter hat on, a guest, came and bought every single balloon that the balloon seller had. So, I followed him, to see where he was going with them, and he was selling them in Disneyland for $15 a piece. I went and told City Hall, and expressed my disgust. I told them I've been a Disney fanatic since I was 6 months old and we've never felt the need to complain before. Disneyland deemed it "okay" for this guy to do this, and they even had a cast member follow him around so no one got hurt. At the end of the day on the third batch of balloons (he bought the entire second batch), I finally got the princess light up balloon.

  2. #17

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    140

    Re: Trip Report! 6.15.13

    Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    This guy with a Mad Hatter hat on, a guest, came and bought every single balloon that the balloon seller had. So, I followed him, to see where he was going with them, and he was selling them in Disneyland for $15 a piece. I went and told City Hall, and expressed my disgust. I told them I've been a Disney fanatic since I was 6 months old and we've never felt the need to complain before. Disneyland deemed it "okay" for this guy to do this, and they even had a cast member follow him around so no one got hurt. At the end of the day on the third batch of balloons (he bought the entire second batch), I finally got the princess light up balloon.
    Wait - a guest bought out all of the balloons to then resell them within the park?! (On one hand, I sort of applaud his business savvy...) I'm actually really surprised Disney allowed this. Then again, there are a lot of little things I witness that Disney allows that, on the one hand, surprise me, but on the other hand, when I think about Disney wanting to placate their customers, doesn't surprise me. So maybe this is one of those situations where they may have been like "this will be worse if we try to deal with this guy so we'll just make sure he isn't a danger to others" kind of a thing? Anyway, I'm not trying to justify their thoughts, I'm more trying to give myself peace over something like that happening. And I'm glad you got the balloon, finally!

  3. #18

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    467

    Re: Trip Report! 6.15.13

    Quote Originally Posted by iceicebergha View Post
    Wait - a guest bought out all of the balloons to then resell them within the park?! (On one hand, I sort of applaud his business savvy...) I'm actually really surprised Disney allowed this. Then again, there are a lot of little things I witness that Disney allows that, on the one hand, surprise me, but on the other hand, when I think about Disney wanting to placate their customers, doesn't surprise me. So maybe this is one of those situations where they may have been like "this will be worse if we try to deal with this guy so we'll just make sure he isn't a danger to others" kind of a thing? Anyway, I'm not trying to justify their thoughts, I'm more trying to give myself peace over something like that happening. And I'm glad you got the balloon, finally!
    Yes the guest was re-selling them in the park. Security was called and they trailed the guest for awhile, but it was determined that he wasn't breaking the law or anything like that, and they couldn't figure out what to use to kick him out. They apparently couldn't find anything in Disneyland's rule book about his behavior either. The really sad thing is that he was charging "whatever he wanted" based on demand. At one point he only had one light up Toy Story balloon left, and a family paid $18 for it. He was buying up the entire available supply at Disneyland, so the family's had no choice to purchase directly from him.

    They did finally talk to the balloon seller, because there was a line of customers, and he was not first in line, and she would sell to him because it was "easier" rather than work through the line. I never saw that balloon seller again, but I have seen the guest in the Mad Hatter hat (the kind with the wig) more than once at the park reselling balloons. Usually in the evenings, on a Friday or Saturday night, or near major holidays. I guess he figures that's when the "big bucks" are there.

  4. #19

    • I do believe in fairies!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Angelus Oaks, California
    Posts
    88

    Re: Trip Report! 6.15.13

    I have to say I am shocked by the behavior of these CM's and what they allowed to go on in the park. I wonder what Walt would have done if he were still around. So sad. And I'm sorry that you've had these bad experiences. Perhaps it isn't the "Happiest Place on Earth" after all.

    Having said this I'll still go because I love the place and thankfully a situation like this has never happened to me.
    "While there is very little grown-up in a child, there's still a lot of child in every grown up." ~ Walt Disney

  5. #20

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    467

    Re: Trip Report! 6.15.13

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Sprite View Post
    I have to say I am shocked by the behavior of these CM's and what they allowed to go on in the park. I wonder what Walt would have done if he were still around. So sad. And I'm sorry that you've had these bad experiences. Perhaps it isn't the "Happiest Place on Earth" after all.

    Having said this I'll still go because I love the place and thankfully a situation like this has never happened to me.
    In the 31 years that I have been going to Disneyland I have had around 2 dozen negative experiences. But, in those same 31 years, I have had thousands of positive experiences, including many "once in a lifetime" experiences. At the end of the day, people are people. Whether they are dressed as a mouse, a princess, are working in the park, or are behind the desk at City Hall, it's important to remember that people are human beings and make mistakes. Should some of the things that happen at Disneyland go on at Disneyland? Of course not. But, as long as it's a park run by human beings, there will always be negative experiences. At the end of the day being at Disneyland is seen as a privilege, a chance to fit in, and an escape from the harsh reality of life, at least that's what it means to me. That keeps me going back, even when I'm knocked down, kicked around, or treated like crap.

  6. #21

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    140

    Re: Trip Report! 6.15.13

    Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    In the 31 years that I have been going to Disneyland I have had around 2 dozen negative experiences. But, in those same 31 years, I have had thousands of positive experiences, including many "once in a lifetime" experiences. At the end of the day, people are people. Whether they are dressed as a mouse, a princess, are working in the park, or are behind the desk at City Hall, it's important to remember that people are human beings and make mistakes. Should some of the things that happen at Disneyland go on at Disneyland? Of course not. But, as long as it's a park run by human beings, there will always be negative experiences. At the end of the day being at Disneyland is seen as a privilege, a chance to fit in, and an escape from the harsh reality of life, at least that's what it means to me. That keeps me going back, even when I'm knocked down, kicked around, or treated like crap.
    Agreed! I also think a lot of it is managing expectations. Was meeting Mary Poppins an amazing moment? No, but so many other great things happened on this trip that its easy to look at that experience and laugh it off. One of the things I love about Disneyland is how on each visit, its a different experience. There will be awesome things and there will be not so awesome things, and its all about whether you let it really get you down or not..

    ..although I *still* think Aurora should get a stern talking to.

  7. #22

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    467

    Re: Trip Report! 6.15.13

    Quote Originally Posted by iceicebergha View Post
    ..although I *still* think Aurora should get a stern talking to.
    And I still think Tiana need smacked upside the head for having an attitude when I met her for the first time. Even though that is how she is in the movie, meeting someone so negative in person was like OMG you represent Disney.

  8. #23

    • my favorite sociopath
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In the Desert
    Posts
    317

    Re: Trip Report! 6.15.13

    Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    The only time I had a negative experience was with Mary Poppins within the last year. I told her that I thought she had the most beautiful costume. She snottily told me it was an outfit. Which, really, in the movie it's a costume because she wears it in the fantasy scene... but whatever. She literally stuck her nose up at me, stood stiffly for a photo, then ignored me as we left. It was so awkward.

    On a positive note - I'm glad you had a fun trip!! Riding in the wheelhouse is really fun and a unique experience. Thanks for sharing!

    I am not happy that actually she treated you badly, but how she remarked about it being an outfit, seem to me to be inline with her character. I always found Mary Poppins to be abrasive and believe she got away with it because she's beautiful. If she was 20 years older and 50 pounds heavier, I really don't think we would be so forgiving.

    Frankly I amused at how we allow some of the characters to get away with crap. How many murder attempts on poor Wendy by Tinkerbell?
    Last edited by NemoVir; 06-19-2013 at 07:59 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. April 24, 2005 trip report
    By cstephens in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-26-2005, 10:48 PM
  2. EXPO 2005 (Aichi, Japan) Trip report/Photos
    By TDLFAN in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 10:24 AM
  3. I'm Leaving on a JETta...(Future trip report)
    By Retlaw Yensid in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-05-2005, 01:11 PM
  4. Trip Report 4/4 - Regis & Kelly coming to DL
    By Importance in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-05-2005, 09:34 AM
  5. Trip Report (4/1 & 4/3)
    By shark_hugger in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2005, 04:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •