Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Pacific Dive a dark ride for paradise pier (with concept art)

While the new additions to DCA's Paradise Pier have been great, it still needs a little bit of work to make it a great land. What I think is needed is an attraction dedicated to the various aquatic life and ecosystems of California. With this theme in mind I've come up with an attraction called Pacific Dive. This attraction would take the space currently used for goofy's sky school as well as some of the surrounding area and would use a ride system similar to Roger Rabbits Cartoon Spin. The vehicles are themed to submarines that float extremely close to the ocean floor but do not damage any organisms or plant life. The vehicles carries 2 passengers each one with a steering wheel. Guest are sent out in "fleets of two and embark on a journey into California's sea biomes.

The ride building would take nods from various 1920's pier buildings. On the sides of the building are posters trying to convince you to take the tour. Here's one that i designed inspired by 1920's carnival posters as well as the Toy story posters in the queue for TSMM (sorry about the signature...gotta protect my stuff)
    The queue is very detailed and could be compared to DINOSAUR's queue at Disney's Animal Kingdom. It has various artifacts like lost ships and ancient sea creatures as well as various aquariums and tanks lining the walls paired with 20's decor. Guest then enter a large room where the pre-show is, which appears to be an office. A projector similar to the one in Indiana Jones Adventure turns on. A man by the name of Dr. Tennison appear on screen. He reveals himself to be the owner of the facility and has built it to let people encounter the wonders of the sea. He explains that he's always had a fascination with the sea and has wanted to bring himself closer to it, which he has been able to do with specially designed submarines that he calls Crab cars. He then explains the usual safety precautions and wishes you good luck on your tour and that you may encounter things you've never seen before.

From here you board your ride vehicle. You "dive" into the ocean using a similar effect to the submarine pods in 20000 leagues under the sea at Tokyo Disney sea. After you dive you are now allowed to spin your submarines. You first enter the Kelp Forest. Here you see many organisms such as California sea lion, California Barracuda, and dog sharks. The kelp in this scene sway side to side when you pass by as if you're actually underwater.

From here you enter the Coral reef. You encounter fishes like the Garibaldi and the California Moray eel. The area is very colorful due to the corals and other organisms

You then move on to open oceans. Your submarine goes past a shrunken boat where various fish have made a home out of. From here you move on to an area where Mako Sharks are hunting for prey. Dr. Tennison can be heard and tells you that you have nothing to worry about as the sharks are quite peaceful and wont harm you. You then move on to an area that seems awfully quiet. Your vehicle bumps into a great white which is swimming the opposite direction. Your sub then backs up as a precaution. From here you encounter grey whales as they slowly pass your submarine. Your sub then passes over a trench, Dr. Tennision come on the radio and tells you that the area is too deep for any submarine and instructs you to resurface. You then pass the same ecological regions (not the same scenes) backward. You once again enter a coral reef where divers are examining the area and taking small samples. From here you enter the Kelp Forests again and encounter other "crab cars" exploring the regions as well as some organisms not shown in the previous kelp forest scene. Your sub then resurfaces back to Dr. Tennisons research station. He congratulates you on your return and wishes you the best of luck on whatever regions you decide to explore next.

• Banned User

Re: Pacific Dive a dark ride for paradise pier (with concept art)

Sadly imaginashton, the park isn't going in the direction of these kinds of EPCOTish attractions anymore. That is a very CALIFORNIAcentric attraction, which is not in line with how Disney wants to incorporate the name California into the theme of the park anymore.
    I love these kind of experiences and was at one time realy hoping for something like this in the wharf area. However, we will never see attractions like this in DCA.
    They have NO intention of taking the park in that direction. I have moved on from those expectations and don't even fantasize about what DCA could have been as a realy fleshed out CALIFORNIA themed park. Those days are long gone, but, that is a realy cool concept!!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    Sadly imaginashton, the park isn't going in the direction of these kinds of EPCOTish attractions anymore. That is a very CALIFORNIAcentric attraction, which is not in line with how Disney wants to incorporate the name California into the theme of the park anymore.
    I love these kind of experiences and was at one time realy hoping for something like this in the wharf area. However, we will never see attractions like this in DCA.
    They have NO intention of taking the park in that direction. I have moved on from those expectations and don't even fantasize about what DCA could have been as a realy fleshed out CALIFORNIA themed park. Those days are long gone, but, that is a realy cool concept!!!
    Thanks, I still have faith in them. While we did get a lot of character additions, we did also get Buena Vista Street. And from the concept art for Hollywoodland's makeover, I still think they're striving for a California focused park. Hopefully we will see more original California attractions as well as properties that actually make sense like Zorro, who framed roger rabbit, or even bambi

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Minion

This is what the Little Mermaid ride should have been. Nice work!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    This is what the Little Mermaid ride should have been. Nice work!!
    Thanks

• Minion

Did an updated version of the attraction poster. Added and changed a few minor things

Californiafinalso by holmes.ashton96, on Flickr

Is this from the story about the sea lion pup with one little flipper that got scooped up by an ocean research vessel and...?

I would go on your ride, Ashton. Actually I would be happy if they'd restore and modernize 20,000 Leagues without the cartoons...
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DobbysCloset View Post
    Is this from the story about the sea lion pup with one little flipper that got scooped up by an ocean research vessel and...?

I would go on your ride, Ashton. Actually I would be happy if they'd restore and modernize 20,000 Leagues without the cartoons...
    Thanks Are talking about the subs in TL, because that would be a great theme for them. With the new film possibly coming out, its looking like more and more of a possibility

Oh wow!!! I would LOVE something like this!!! Then again..I was never able to ride 20k and was always pissed about that... So this would make me such a happy camper!! So neat!!

All over-'85 through 1999; CR-'06; Offsite-'09(DFi first time!!);CS-'13;POR-'13(Honeymoon!!)

• Minion

^Thanks! I wish i got to ride 2k as well haha but sadly it closed before i even got the chance to go to WDW

•   

That is a great idea.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by xceemora View Post
    That is a great idea.
    thank you

• formerly very helpful

This is the type of attraction that I'd really love to see there! All it will take is someone in charge with imagination and the desire and guts to do it.

• Minion

^thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast