Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Locals only! How is a 3rd gate going to change your DLR resort visiting experience?

Locals Assuming a 3rd gate gets build in a few years! How is that going to affect your own personal DLR visiting experience , will you visit less cause of more congestion! will you visit more! Will it make it hard for you visiting the the DLR and knowing you didn't get to the original magic kingdom because of the other 2 gates gates at the resort and theres so much to do now, I know a 3rd gate will benefit non locals and international guests more, as they will stay there at least 5 days to a week! But locals and ap'ers who can pretty much go there when ever they want ,will make you think twice? , will it make you stay there at hotels instead of driving back home knowing you can easily back the next day but not having the hassle of doing that! It will be interested to see your opinions on this!

Can you imagine, having a strategy just to visit the the DLR for us locals and not thinking twice about it! I couldn't fathom the idea of visiting the DL resort and at the end of the day not getting to visit Disneyland because the other gates were just as fun, just thinking about it wouldn't feel right! Well time to book for a hotel, but will they have any available by that time as non locals book in advance very interesting to see!

• Closed Account

Re: Locals only! How is a 3rd gate going to change your DLR resort visiting experienc

It all depends on what happens with the parking situation. If they get rid of Toy Story and Pumbaa lots and we are forced to use a parking garage, we will have to end our trips to Disneyland, and we love our annual passes. A parking garage is too much to go through with no place to unload and assemble the rollator, dragging it on to the tram, etc. Not worth the effort. If they leave one or both of the flat parking lots, it would actually increase our visits to Disneyland because everyone will be at the "new park" rather than at Disneyland.

I am totally against a third gate, but if Disneyland is going to do it, I hope they make an all thrill ride, crazy, Magic Mountain like park where all the teens will hang out, so they will be out of Disneyland with their line jumping and pot smoking.

• Banned User

Re: Locals only! How is a 3rd gate going to change your DLR resort visiting experienc

Yes, because all teens line jump and pot smoke!!

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    It all depends on what happens with the parking situation. If they get rid of Toy Story and Pumbaa lots and we are forced to use a parking garage, we will have to end our trips to Disneyland, and we love our annual passes. A parking garage is too much to go through with no place to unload and assemble the rollator, dragging it on to the tram, etc. Not worth the effort. If they leave one or both of the flat parking lots, it would actually increase our visits to Disneyland because everyone will be at the "new park" rather than at Disneyland.

I am totally against a third gate, but if Disneyland is going to do it, I hope they make an all thrill ride, crazy, Magic Mountain like park where all the teens will hang out, so they will be out of Disneyland with their line jumping and pot smoking.
    Lol you're right!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

If they get rid of Toy Story and Pumbaa lots and we are forced to use a parking garage, we will have to end our trips to Disneyland, and we love our annual passes. A parking garage is too much to go through with no place to unload and assemble the rollator, dragging it on to the tram, etc. Not worth the effort. If they leave one or both of the flat parking lots, it would actually increase our visits to Disneyland because everyone will be at the "new park" rather than at Disneyland.
    Before I get to the stereotype of teenage visitors, did you just really say that not having to park in a garage and fold your stroller is a determining factor in planning a family Disney vacation?

• -

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Before I get to the stereotype of teenage visitors, did you just really say that not having to park in a garage and fold your stroller is a determining factor in planning a family Disney vacation?
    The poster was referring to a type of rolling walker. However, if it is what I am picturing that should unfold just as easily in a parking garage or a flat lot.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Here are my assumptions:

- A third park is definitely on the way, but still very much in the early planning phase
    - The new parking structure will be much better designed than Eisner's monster
    - The new park will learn many lessons from DCA 1.0 and will be a very high quality park from day one, though it will be small by design (and by space considerations).
    - If Disney builds the high quality park I suspect they will, it will only increase my interest in the resort (and I assume that of nearly everyone else who might wish to vacation at Disneyland Resort).
    - A third park will make Disneyland a 3 to 4 day vacation destination.
    - As a result, many new hotel rooms will need to be built and an overall expansion of general resort facilities.

I'd like them to take their time with the 3rd park planning. There may be a temptation to rush Marvel into the Strawberry field, but it should be done with great care and a much better review of layout, flow and quality than went into DCA 1.0. This is a very different Imagineering than built DCA, the quality lately has been miles beyond the bare budget parks of the Pressler era. So I'm VERY hopeful for the new park.

The 3rd park will be one of the most exciting projects for Disney fans to watch unfold. But not quite time for us to really be able to discuss details.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Closed Account

It's not a stroller, it's a rollator. It's like a walker, but with wheels and a seat. And it's not just about folding it. It's about not having a place to unpack it/assemble it in the parking garage because there is not enough room like there is in the Toy Story or Pumbaa parking lot. Also, the lines for the elevators at the Mickey's Parking Garage can take an hour plus out of our day. When you are disabled, and might only be able to last 2-3 hours in the park, every minute counts. We can get into the Toy Story Parking Lot, on a bus and to Disneyland in under fifteen minutes. And yes, if there were parking garages only we would no longer attend Disney theme parks.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

There's no reason they have to add a sprawl layout to the third park. With stairs, escalators, elevators, they could have a multi-level park with rooftop balconies, even hotel rooms above the show buildings and maintenance areas.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The poster was referring to a type of rolling walker. However, if it is what I am picturing that should unfold just as easily in a parking garage or a flat lot.
    It does fold up fairly easy. However, because it is a heavy duty rollator, it weighs 36 pounds when folded up. At the Toy Story Parking lot, we just roll it on the bus, and we are good to go. For the trams, they won't let us load it like a wheelchair since it can fold. When you are disabled, lifting 36 pounds as high as a tram is not an easy task. My boyfriend will lift it, but then his knees hurt him the rest of the day. It's not about "not being able to fold it" it's about why go through the hassle when you shouldn't have to. We also have to assemble it (put the handles on and screw them into place) in the parking lot, because it doesn't fit in the trunk of our car assembled.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

It's not a stroller, it's a rollator. It's like a walker, but with wheels and a seat. And it's not just about folding it. It's about not having a place to unpack it/assemble it in the parking garage because there is not enough room like there is in the Toy Story or Pumbaa parking lot. Also, the lines for the elevators at the Mickey's Parking Garage can take an hour plus out of our day. When you are disabled, and might only be able to last 2-3 hours in the park, every minute counts. We can get into the Toy Story Parking Lot, on a bus and to Disneyland in under fifteen minutes. And yes, if there were parking garages only we would no longer attend Disney theme parks.
    A flat parking lot that takes 20 acres could be 5 stories and take up a footprint of only 4 acres. Aside from the elevator ride, that means 5 times less distance to walk through the parking lot if you're in a garage.

A flat parking lot that takes 20 acres could be 5 stories and take up a footprint of only 4 acres. Aside from the elevator ride, that means 5 times less distance to walk through the parking lot if you're in a garage.
    Now don't go bringing logic into the conversation....
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• No Disassemble!

I would stay on resort or at the local hotels a whole lot more than I do already.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Closed Account

It's not all teenage visitors, but the Mad T Party, and DCA's recent additions have added many more teenagers to Disneyland and DCA then in the past. If you think pot smoking, and line jumping at Disneyland and DCA has decreased in recent years, you are only fooling yourself. If you have ever been to Disneyland or DCA on a Friday night, even during the off season, the number of unaccompanied minors in the park is ridiculous. I am all for Disneyland making rules that minors must be accompanied by an adult, and not just a teenager over 18 years old.

• Closed Account

Without the convenience of being able to assemble it when we arrive, and the elevator wait. We usually get to the Toy Story parking lot about a half hour before the parking lot opens, and park with all of the regular cars, usually in Woody, where we have a very short walk (usually we are near the end of a row) to the bus. How is a parking garage easier? Sell me on the idea, and I would be all for it. But the Mickey's Parking Garage is definitely not a way to sell anyone on a Disney parking garage.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast