Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

• The doctor is in

Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

I think the biggest misconception people are having right now is that everyone thinks the suits in the Iron Man movies are all real. It is full of an almost ridiculous amount of CGI to make the suits look the way they do.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I think the biggest misconception people are having right now is that everyone thinks the suits in the Iron Man movies are all real. It is full of an almost ridiculous amount of CGI to make the suits look the way they do.
    Exactly!

• Selfie Expert

I haven't read all the responses - only the OPs explanation of why they were upset, so forgive me if this is repetitive.

There's a difference between "used in the movie", and "worn". There were many suits in the movies that were on display - much like they are in Disneyland. I'm sure not all were hinged and wearable. So the suits on display may have been the very same ones used in the movies as props, not actually worn by actors.

Do they actually say these suits were WORN? Or just appeared on screen?

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• No Disassemble!

Being the comic book/sci-fi nerd that I am I can affirm that various suits were used in two of the films for primarily the same scenes (Stark's Lab). That being said I know what the OP was expecting and that was more of the fractal pieces of the suits (or the full actor suits) that were used during the various semi-transmogrification scenes in which Tony will wear a partial or full (sans-helmet) suit during non-cgi scenes.

I too was let down by the exhibit. I went to see it on opening week and stood almost an hour in a ridiculous line only to find out that the display was almost the exact same one I saw at Comic Con and that the "suit up" exhibit was really just "fun time with a Kinect sensor". Disney really soap boxed this exhibit to death and it just happened to pay off in the long run, unfortunately. I expect to see something along the lines of this for Star Wars Ep. VII.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I knew that this problem would come up. When I read the article and my entire feeling about it change when I actually saw the display. You could tell this is mostly just used for Ad promotion and the big pieces of the display were fake (...they could have at least had the Mark 42 spinning would that be to much to ask...) you could tell because the suite size was way to small for an actual human to fit into. Considering the smallest person I know still would not fit into them.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Cunning infiltrator

Some people do like to make a big deal out of a pretty small thing...the result is that they get disillusioned and hugely disappointed after being promised from something big and/or from your idol.

But to each of their own. If Disney only exhibited the exhibit better......but I haven't been to the Iron Man exhibit yet.

*I don't know if I should put this here.
    It's like Buddy (Syndrome) whom he really idols Mr. Incredible and he was a huge#1 number fan of the superhero such as wanting to be his sidekick (Incrediboy) and helping him out. But Bob did not want his help since Buddy was a annoying brat to him like distracting him and getting in his way. But, the boy only wanted to help. After the incident with Bomb Voyage, Incrediboy was then arrested from the police and Buddy looked up to Mr. Incredible, he relied him! However he lost that feeling and he soon became his swore enemy 15 years later, Buddy became evil and acquired a new identity 'Syndrome.' At that result, he killed almost all of the supers, so he can become a superhero himself to the general public along using with his evil actions such as destroying a city with a powerful robot and Syndrome 'saving' the populace so he can be a new superhero. Syndrome regarded you cannot rely on everyone and so he wanted to kill almost all supers so every normal person can be supers with advanced technology like Tony Stark is Ironman. But, Syndrome uses the technology for evil instead.
    Last edited by LangenFox; 06-18-2013 at 12:13 AM.

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

• Co-Host of USWP

I have seen a surprising number of really insensitive responses to the OP's post. Bottom line is, no one can judge another's disappointment. I personally don't care one bit about Iron Man props/suits etc. but that does not mean I can't and don't empathize with his disappointment in what happened.

You have to look at the circumstances surrounding the event in question and the entire story behind his visit; once you do that the whole thing starts to fall into place. I think a lot of people who go quite a bit or are AP holders can't really appreciate the fact that he planned an expensive trip around an expectation that, based on the information I saw posted by Disney, wasn't unreasonable considering what Disney posted concerning the event.

Just because YOU wouldn't find it disappointing doesn't give you the right to judge another's disappointment level.

• Co-Host of USWP

Quote Originally Posted by LangenFox View Post

*I don't know if I should put this here. (SPOILER ENSUES)
    By the way, I hope everyone who reads this thread has seen The Incredibles because you pretty much gave the entire plot away.

I always thought the Iron Man display was just the display suits that had been used in the movie. As for wearing it - I always thought it was just CGI anyhow but I honestly never followed it that closely. What I do see happening here with the OP is his Disney "magic" got a big crack in it. I am always concerned for the day that this might happen to me - that day when that one seemingly innocent thing happens that exposes the bare truth of it to your mind. We all know it is an "illusion" but they have done such a superb job of allowing us to create that fantasy and feed into the fantasy for our entire lives. I don't know what I would/will do when it happens to me - it will be like a death of a family member.

• ...and the Flowers Croon

Quote Originally Posted by CreepyMonkey View Post
    By the way, I hope everyone who reads this thread has seen The Incredibles because you pretty much gave the entire plot away.
    Considering the movie was released in 2004, I'd say it's safe to discuss plot twists. If anyone hasn't seen a movie that's nine years old, I don't think they have a reasonable expectation of not stumbling across the storyline at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    So... you won't ever visit again because the Iron Man suits were replicas?

I saw the Iron Man exhibit last month and I could tell they weren't authentic and I don't remember seeing anything claiming they were all original movie props. They had the authentic props in the cases that were bits and pieces. They weren't full suits.
    Also bear in mind that a lot of the movement in the Iron Man movies are assisted with CGI. Just saying.

I'm sorry that your trip didn't go as expected or planned.

yes. yes it is. People dont have enough conviction today

Quote Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
    Bingo!

The OP wanted to see "authentic props" from a CGI-based movie. Disney delivered what they promised - authentic props from the movie. Unfortunately, they just didn't match his unrealistic expectations. (Much of the movie, like most big budget films these days, is basically a computer-generated cartoon.)

And no, this "incident" isn't the same thing as seeing a Disney character walk around without his head on, as the OP suggested.

The fact that Disney offered him very nice freebies - freebies that most people would have been quite grateful to receive - shows that Disney is still superb when it comes to customer service.
    pay attention here, for the 1st two movies he DID wear actual fiberglass suits. there WAS CGI added in. of course. but for the most part it was actual suits. so the suits DO exist. and that was what was advertised

i do not expect actual metal suits that fly and fire repulosor rays

Quote Originally Posted by Sifferz View Post
    I really do see what you're saying... me and my wife are going to be in the park tomorrow as the start of our honeymoon, and I was actually under the impression that the suits were ones actually used in filming. I figured that maybe the "hall" set pieces that the armor was set in were straight from SDCC, but I thought the suits were the real, metal props from all the promotional material I'd read.

There is no case against Disney formally, because their statement is carefully worded... but frustratingly so. I wouldn't typically expect this kind of behavior, but the actions of one marketing management team certainly won't poison the whole park for me, though I do see your frustration.
    look closely. you will see

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    For some reason as I read this, I am envisioning Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory.

Hey, is that a bazinga?
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Quote Originally Posted by gtsouthard View Post
    pay attention here, for the 1st two movies he DID wear actual fiberglass suits. there WAS CGI added in. of course. but for the most part it was actual suits. so the suits DO exist. and that was what was advertised

i do not expect actual metal suits that fly and fire repulosor rays
    Nowhere in the press release does it state that the suits from the first 2 movies will be on display. Only that the Hall of Armor from the third movie would be on display. Which it is.
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast