Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 231
  1. #166

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    29

    Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

    GT, a couple of people in the thread have cited references to back up Disney's claim that they are authentic (actually appeared in the film) props. Would you be willing to share why you think that's not true?

  2. #167

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    378

    Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

    Quote Originally Posted by LangenFox View Post
    Some people do like to make a big deal out of a pretty small thing...the result is that they get disillusioned and hugely disappointed after being promised from something big and/or from your idol.

    But to each of their own. If Disney only exhibited the exhibit better......but I haven't been to the Iron Man exhibit yet.

    *I don't know if I should put this here.
    It's like Buddy (Syndrome) whom he really idols Mr. Incredible and he was a huge#1 number fan of the superhero such as wanting to be his sidekick (Incrediboy) and helping him out. But Bob did not want his help since Buddy was a annoying brat to him like distracting him and getting in his way. But, the boy only wanted to help. After the incident with Bomb Voyage, Incrediboy was then arrested from the police and Buddy looked up to Mr. Incredible, he relied him! However he lost that feeling and he soon became his swore enemy 15 years later, Buddy became evil and acquired a new identity 'Syndrome.' At that result, he killed almost all of the supers, so he can become a superhero himself to the general public along using with his evil actions such as destroying a city with a powerful robot and Syndrome 'saving' the populace so he can be a new superhero. Syndrome regarded you cannot rely on everyone and so he wanted to kill almost all supers so every normal person can be supers with advanced technology like Tony Stark is Ironman. But, Syndrome uses the technology for evil instead.
    oddly enough my fiance made that same analogy

  3. #168

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    378

    Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

    Quote Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
    Exactly!
    this is incorrect

  4. #169

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    378

    Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

    Quote Originally Posted by Rammikin View Post
    GT, a couple of people in the thread have cited references to back up Disney's claim that they are authentic (actually appeared in the film) props. Would you be willing to share why you think that's not true?
    see them in person. thats all i can really say. the paint jobs are not excellent. and again its advertised as being the suits that were worn. you could barely fit a child into these suits. thats IF they opened up and were not 1 solid piece each

  5. #170

    • Selfie Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    6,115

    Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

    Quote Originally Posted by gtsouthard View Post
    see them in person. thats all i can really say. the paint jobs are not excellent. and again its advertised as being the suits that were worn. you could barely fit a child into these suits. thats IF they opened up and were not 1 solid piece each
    Are you sure? DISNEY advertised that there were suits that were worn? If that's the case, then they did not deliver what they promised. However I only saw "authentic suits" and "props" mentioned. Nothing about them being wearable - the ones displayed were in the moves and are suits - wearable or not, they're still suits.

    Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

  6. #171

    • Chief Troublemaker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere, out there
    Posts
    1,296

    Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

    This is a little OT, but I just want to acknowledge the passion being displayed in this thread. In today's world of fashionable 'ennui' and hipster 'blasť-ness' it's good to see that people do still have passion for the things they care about and passionate opinions about things that happen.

    And that we're all basically 'playing nice'. This is a twelve page thread with (IIRC) only ONE mod 'warning' to be polite. I think that speaks pretty darn well of us.

    Carry on....
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

  7. #172

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    29

    Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

    I see, thanks. But, with all due respect, I haven't seen any evidence of a communication from Disney that mentions that the suits were worn. I'm just saying, if you're going to complain to Disney about this, you'll probably get more attention if you could cite something in their advertisement or press release that indicates the suits were worn or provide some evidence that the suits did not appear in the film.

    Quote Originally Posted by gtsouthard View Post
    see them in person. thats all i can really say. the paint jobs are not excellent. and again its advertised as being the suits that were worn. you could barely fit a child into these suits. thats IF they opened up and were not 1 solid piece each

  8. #173

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    378

    Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

    Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    I knew that this problem would come up. When I read the article and my entire feeling about it change when I actually saw the display. You could tell this is mostly just used for Ad promotion and the big pieces of the display were fake (...they could have at least had the Mark 42 spinning would that be to much to ask...) you could tell because the suite size was way to small for an actual human to fit into. Considering the smallest person I know still would not fit into them.
    glad someone else noticed this

  9. #174

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    378

    Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

    Quote Originally Posted by Rammikin View Post
    I see, thanks. But, with all due respect, I haven't seen any evidence of a communication from Disney that mentions that the suits were worn. I'm just saying, if you're going to complain to Disney about this, you'll probably get more attention if you could cite something in their advertisement or press release that indicates the suits were worn or provide some evidence that the suits did not appear in the film.
    how about they provide some evidence they were.


    also if the exhibit did NOT have all the full armors and was just the 2 helmets ang gloves i would have been ok with that. it would have all been ad advertised

  10. #175

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    378

    Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

    Quote Originally Posted by 4th Gen Disney Fan View Post
    You keep saying this when it is a patently false statement. The press release has been posted several times in this thread and it has been pointed out several times that there is nothing in the release that states this to be true. Seems you are just grasping at straws at this point....
    Im not sure why it is anyone is thinking i want opinions on what happened. I asked pretty specific questions as to who i should contact. What I am asking about really is NOT relevant to what actually happened you dont have to defend disneyland to me, trust me I love that place. more than people really normally should.

  11. #176

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    125

    Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

    I can't tell you not to be upset, and if this is the straw that breaks the back for you, then it is. Stick to your guns and never return to Disneyland if you feel that strongly about it.

    I know for my family's case, we have not returned to Wal Mart, Best Buy, KFC, Jack in the Box, and Boston Market for different reasons, but all of them equated to making us upset enough to never go there again, and we make do.

  12. #177

    • Selfie Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    6,115

    Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

    Do you have evidence that they were not actual movie props? I mean, I don't see any reason to believe that they are not. I don't think Disney's legal department would allow such blatant false advertisement. I believe they are all authentic movie props (well, the ones labeled as being props). No, not worn suits, as that does not appear to be a part of the official releases from Disney.

    I mean, I understand you're disappointed, and you have every right to be. However, to blame Disney for giving what they advertised, although underwhelming, is not really justified if the disappointment really stems from you having expectation for something that they just didn't even say was going to be there. Sure, you expected something more or different, but sadly that just wasn't the reality. I believe they had what they said they would have - authentic movie props. Not worn suits, which would be neat, but that is not what was advertised. It's a bummer that you didn't get to see what you had hoped would be there, but I'm not sure that it's the fault of Disney for not meeting your unfounded expectations.

    I'm not trying to insult or belittle you. Just trying to point out that while you may be upset (I would be, too), perhaps you should step back and consider some of the facts laid out in front of you, and not permanently dismiss the place and company that has given you so many great experiences based on this one disappointment that really wasn't something that they can held accountable for.

    Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

  13. #178

    • Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    1,562 Miles East of DisneyLand
    Posts
    583

    Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

    Quote Originally Posted by gtsouthard View Post
    Im not sure why it is anyone is thinking i want opinions on what happened. I asked pretty specific questions as to who i should contact. What I am asking about really is NOT relevant to my original question. you dont have to defend disneyland to me, trust me I love that place. more than people really normally should.
    Slow down buddy! Your original question was answered way, way back in this thread. However, you continued the conversation by replying to multiple comments. In essence, the topic was changed. This is usually considered a "discussion". It's real simple, if you don't want to talk about the other topics then DON'T.
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

  14. #179

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    29

    Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

    Quote Originally Posted by gtsouthard View Post
    how about they provide some evidence they were.
    Fair enough. But I count references to at least 2 experts cited in this thread who back up Disney's claim that the suits were used in the movie. I'm not saying you're right or wrong, just that you'll probably not get much attention from Disney when the evidence seems to contradict your claim that the suits weren't used in the movie.

  15. #180

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    378

    Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

    Quote Originally Posted by Hank McCoy View Post
    I can't tell you not to be upset, and if this is the straw that breaks the back for you, then it is. Stick to your guns and never return to Disneyland if you feel that strongly about it.

    I know for my family's case, we have not returned to Wal Mart, Best Buy, KFC, Jack in the Box, and Boston Market for different reasons, but all of them equated to making us upset enough to never go there again, and we make do.
    i wont be going back to ESPN zone either over something that happened there. I have no problem not doing business with people that dont care about their customers.

    but man is their food good

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. My sons birthday I need some advice for Disneyland
    By Disneyfan4lyfe in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 12:22 PM
  2. Need some advice for a new AP holder
    By BrianFuchs in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-27-2006, 08:29 PM
  3. Need Some Advice From Fellow Cast Members
    By TENORDRUMMER in forum Break Room
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-09-2005, 07:49 PM
  4. I need some advice
    By Kevie in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-25-2005, 04:55 PM
  5. GOING to DL next year - need some advice
    By chris2fett in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-11-2005, 11:07 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •