Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 LastLast

Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

Quote Originally Posted by Rammikin View Post
    Fair enough. But I count references to at least 2 experts cited in this thread who back up Disney's claim that the suits were used in the movie. I'm not saying you're right or wrong, just that you'll probably not get much attention from Disney when the evidence seems to contradict your claim that the suits weren't used in the movie.
    what experts? unless they physically worked on the film its an opinion just like mine

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by gtsouthard View Post
    what experts? unless they physically worked on the film its an opinion just like mine
    I can understand why you're upset. Your judgement is being questioned when it should be taken lightly. It's just an opinion.

• Batman with a Gun

Bel Air, California, United States, United States

i wont be going back to ESPN zone either over something that happened there. I have no problem not doing business with people that dont care about their customers.

but man is their food good
    What? What happened at the ESPN Zone? I've never been in there, so I don't even know what goes on.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

see them in person. thats all i can really say. the paint jobs are not excellent. and again its advertised as being the suits that were worn. you could barely fit a child into these suits. thats IF they opened up and were not 1 solid piece each
    Bold mine.

Post # 39 Regions provided this from the Disney Blog:

"Experience the latest Iron Man technology at the new exhibit, "Iron Man Tech Presented by Stark Industries," inside Innoventions at Disneyland Park. Guests can get a rare, up-close look at the sophisticated Iron Man suits of armor as they walk through an exact replica of Tony Stark's Hall of Armor guided by JARVIS, who provides an explanation of the full range of the armor capabilities."

Press release/blog article: "The exhibit, at Innoventions in Tomorrowland, features actual set pieces from the film.
    Iron Man Tech Presented by Stark Industries” gives Disneyland guests the chance to see Tony Stark’s Hall of Armor, featuring Iron Man suits Mark I-VII – the same suits featured in “Iron Man 3.” Through simulation technology, guests will also be able to see what it’s like to operate the latest pieces of the Mark 42 Iron Man armor, even getting the chance to test out its repulsor blasts."

No where in this does it actually state that the armor on display in Disneyland was actually worn by anyone. It states its a replica of the scene from the movie. It states that the suits were "featured" in the movie, but makes no mention of specifically how they were featured, and nowhere at any time does it actually or specifically state that THESE suite were worn at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Lover 68 View Post
    Again, if the suits were used in the background shots of his shop (they would have had to have had a number of them for effects shots, etc.) it's entirely possible they had non-wearable suits for those shots, which would still make them "authentic movie armors from Iron Man 3." Whether they were costumes worn by actors, or set dressing used in the background that would still make them the real deal, right?
    Disney only stated that they were "authentic" in that they were actual armors... most likely props used at some point in the movie. As was stated movies frequently have multiple props of the same thing, some used, some perhaps not but that doesn't make them any less authentic. A story I heard once about some Star Trek props come to mind.... one of the models that was used for filming was actually being used as a pool toy by the family of someone connected to the show... although I forget now the details and names.

Any prop built and created for a movie is an authentic prop from that film. The props displayed at Disneyland were authentic in that they were created for use in the film, were most likely used if only for background shots but are still by definition "authentic." Disney is covered on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    A quote from the article (emphasis mine):

"The main draw at Iron Man Tech is Iron Man’s Hall of Armor, as seen in the films – with the Mark I through Mark VII armors worn in Iron Man, Iron Man 2 and The Avengers all on display..."

And I think what we have here is a case and question of semantics. When he says "worn by" I think he was meaning figuratively and not literally. I think there is some question as to if any actual, physical suits exist or if it was mostly done digitally. And even if in the early movies an actual suit had existed that the actor had actually worn, that suit was most likely not used as one of the props for the current movie, and the suits shown in the current movie were most likely created just for that scene.

Now... I will say that I'm not a Marvel fan and I haven't seen any of the movies so my thoughts and opinons are based on reading through this, reading all of the other comments and looking at the pictures and the press release from Disney.

I think what we may have here is someone seeing something that wasn't really there and making an inference in their own mind based on what they wanted to see. Its a natural and very common human occurrence actually. The human mind often reads things in that aren't actually there and "fills in the blanks" as it sees fit.

Now, that in no way distracts from that fact that the OP was extremely disappointed with what he encountered, and he should send Disney a letter and explain to them exactly what he was disappointed in and why. Nothing wrong with communication, in fact there isen't enough of it in the world today. But if the only sticking point was that they were suppose to be suits actually worn by the actor.... that was never stated in any form by Disney.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

See link below:

Quote Originally Posted by The International View Post
    According to this article, the guy in charge of the exhibit (Jay Dreves) says they're not replicas but real armors that were used in the films.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

In the video and the article they spoke authoritatively, they work in this field, and seem to be credible experts. But it's certainly valid for you to disagree with them.

To answer your original question about who to complain to about this: if your stance is that you don't believe the suits were used in the film, you don't believe the experts who back up Disney's claim they were used in the film, but you don't have any evidence to support your opinion...well, to be honest, I'm not sure there is anyone who will give your complaint the attention you think it deserves.

OP, I'm sorry you feel mislead by Disney and the exhibit. I just saw it for the first time on Saturday and was a bit underwhelmed, but at the same time, being a fan of the movies themselves, thought it was great that I could see set pieces from the film in person.

That being said, although the original press releases and blog posts were more vague and less specific, I don't necessarily agree that Disney flat out "lied." I work in the film industry, and with movies like this, at this size, there are usually tens or hundreds of "replicas" made, so things can be filmed at one angle, blown up in another shot, etc. You always want backups if things go wrong - and in this business, something will eventually go wrong. I'm sure that the pieces on display were made for the movie and could very well have been in some of the scenes, even if they were just props.

That being said, that still doesn't mean your feeling of disappointment is invalid. As others have mentioned, I'd highly recommend writing a letter to Disney brass and letting them know your disappointment. Nothing can change whats been done, but perhaps Disney will take this into consideration for their next exhibit and make sure their wording is much more clear.

What I gather from this, is that the OP does not care about the money. He does not care about a refund. I would speculate, correct me if I misunderstood, that had he read the press release at home, then did some research only to discover the article was misleading, he would still be upset before spending a dime and traveling even one step towards the park. It's an issue of trust and integrity. He does not want to sue them, he has stated that multiple times. You can split hairs on this all day, it's the mere fact that it's unclear and debatable, the fact splitting hair is even possible, he has an issue with. It should have been clear as a bell. They were misleading and broke his heart. You can't put a price on that. Using those key words was misleading, and playing on the emotions of fans. Those words don't mean much to me about iron man, but if I replaced iron man with something that was dear to me, those words would have a whole different ring to them. What if they said that about a Walt Disney display? Something implied to be used by Walt himself, only to discover, weeeeell, it was kinda sorta around the park buuut, he may or may not have ACTUALLY used THIS in particular...

People have higher expectations for Disney, and feel more pain when they pull cheap tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Hey, is that a bazinga?
    No, but I can picture him being sorely disappointed and talking about writing a "strongly worded letter."
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Do you have evidence that they were not actual movie props? I mean, I don't see any reason to believe that they are not. I don't think Disney's legal department would allow such blatant false advertisement. I believe they are all authentic movie props (well, the ones labeled as being props). No, not worn suits, as that does not appear to be a part of the official releases from Disney.

I mean, I understand you're disappointed, and you have every right to be. However, to blame Disney for giving what they advertised, although underwhelming, is not really justified if the disappointment really stems from you having expectation for something that they just didn't even say was going to be there. Sure, you expected something more or different, but sadly that just wasn't the reality. I believe they had what they said they would have - authentic movie props. Not worn suits, which would be neat, but that is not what was advertised. It's a bummer that you didn't get to see what you had hoped would be there, but I'm not sure that it's the fault of Disney for not meeting your unfounded expectations.

I'm not trying to insult or belittle you. Just trying to point out that while you may be upset (I would be, too), perhaps you should step back and consider some of the facts laid out in front of you, and not permanently dismiss the place and company that has given you so many great experiences based on this one disappointment that really wasn't something that they can held accountable for.
    Knocked it out of the park, Kelly.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

As she always does.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Quote Originally Posted by StarDustFairy View Post
    What I gather from this, is that the OP does not care about the money. He does not care about a refund. I would speculate, correct me if I misunderstood, that had he read the press release at home, then did some research only to discover the article was misleading, he would still be upset before spending a dime and traveling even one step towards the park. It's an issue of trust and integrity. He does not want to sue them, he has stated that multiple times. You can split hairs on this all day, it's the mere fact that it's unclear and debatable, the fact splitting hair is even possible, he has an issue with. It should have been clear as a bell. They were misleading and broke his heart. You can't put a price on that. Using those key words was misleading, and playing on the emotions of fans. Those words don't mean much to me about iron man, but if I replaced iron man with something that was dear to me, those words would have a whole different ring to them. What if they said that about a Walt Disney display? Something implied to be used by Walt himself, only to discover, weeeeell, it was kinda sorta around the park buuut, he may or may not have ACTUALLY used THIS in particular...

People have higher expectations for Disney, and feel more pain when they pull cheap tricks.
    thats where i am coming from

if i want terrible service and lowered expectations ill go to six flags

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    Knocked it out of the park, Kelly.
    once you charge for it, you are accountable for it.

once you charge for it, you are accountable for it.
    So, is that to assume that any time Disneyland doesn't meet my expectations, I should expect something in return?

I am not trying to belittle how you feel about this situation - there have been plenty of times where certain experiences at Disney haven't been the best (see my trip report I just posted the other day for examples of this!) but in many of those cases, whenever I've mentioned a less than stellar experience, Disney has always tried to do whatever it could to make things better. Heck, I accidentally made dinner reservations during my FP return time for Space Mountain, and they gave me a FP to use whenever I wanted that day!

I just think that's a very slippery slope if you will. Yes, they are a business; yes, they are providing a service, but yes, they are also all human. And it does sound like Disney did what it thought was best to make up for your disappointment by giving you free park passes to make up for your disappointment. You held them accountable, and they offered a solution, right?

Again, I'm not trying to belittle how you feel, I just think that Disney does tend to try to "fix" things 99.9% of the time. If you had complained and they hadn't offered ANY sort of "solution", that would be blasphemous 'round these parts.

Quote Originally Posted by iceicebergha View Post
    So, is that to assume that any time Disneyland doesn't meet my expectations, I should expect something in return?

I am not trying to belittle how you feel about this situation - there have been plenty of times where certain experiences at Disney haven't been the best (see my trip report I just posted the other day for examples of this!) but in many of those cases, whenever I've mentioned a less than stellar experience, Disney has always tried to do whatever it could to make things better. Heck, I accidentally made dinner reservations during my FP return time for Space Mountain, and they gave me a FP to use whenever I wanted that day!

I just think that's a very slippery slope if you will. Yes, they are a business; yes, they are providing a service, but yes, they are also all human. And it does sound like Disney did what it thought was best to make up for your disappointment by giving you free park passes to make up for your disappointment. You held them accountable, and they offered a solution, right?

Again, I'm not trying to belittle how you feel, I just think that Disney does tend to try to "fix" things 99.9% of the time. If you had complained and they hadn't offered ANY sort of "solution", that would be blasphemous 'round these parts.
    Im not looking to "get" anything. I turned down free tickets. I want an answer and a reason. thats it