Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516 LastLast

Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

about a 1/5of the animitronics on splash mountain were not working. I'm not complaining to anyone about that because that is the sort of stuff that happens and i get that.

I may be splitting hairs but this is important to me. Im sorry if its not something everyone understands
    Last edited by gtsouthard; 06-18-2013 at 09:47 AM.

• Unhelpful User

That's true. On the other hand, if the enjoyment of your trip depends on a single thing, in the future it may make sense to do some more research to confirm the reality before investing. If a family's trip would be ruined by Splash Mountain being closed, they could call in advance to make sure it will be open during their trip (at least as far as scheduled maintenance goes). Similarly, a vegetarian would want to confirm that Blue Bayou has quality options for her before making a reservation there.

I'm not saying you're wrong in any way here. Just that the authenticity of the suits is something that a relatively small amount of people would ever notice or care about (and I'm not pointing fingers, I have hundreds of posts discussing minutia in Disney theme parks so this isn't a judgment of you whatsoever) and the promotional copy for the exhibit was pretty vague in the first place. When such a small detail could make or break your trip, it would make sense to confirm in advance before investing with your heart or your wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by gtsouthard View Post
    Im not looking to "get" anything. I turned down free tickets. I want an answer and a reason. thats it
    I apologize - I was aware from your previous posts that you aren't trying to receive anything other than Disney's justification for handling this exhibit in a vague way, and I wasn't trying to imply that you wanted anything else. I was simply trying to express, perhaps, what Disney felt was a reasonable response to your inquiry.

• Minion

about a 1/f of the animitronics on splash mountain were not working. I'm not complaining to anyone about that because that is the sort of stuff that happens and i get that.
    I would. The AAs are an integral part of the show that Disneyland offers for a premium price. Nearly all of them should be working.

• Ambassador of good will

to the OP
    have you considered contacting and filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau?

United States and Canada BBB Consumer and Business Reviews, Reports, Ratings, Complaints and Accredited Business Listings
    "Raiders Suck"
    -Walt Disney

I want an answer and a reason. thats it
    The answer and reason seem pretty clear at this point: you read the advertisement with your heart and not your head and saw something in the advertisement that you wished was there but was not.

I understand, I've been there too. But boycotting Disney because they didn't deliver what you wished they had advertised seems like punishing nobody but yourself.

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by Daboltz View Post
    to the OP
    have you considered contacting and filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau?

United States and Canada BBB Consumer and Business Reviews, Reports, Ratings, Complaints and Accredited Business Listings
    The BBB is a non-profit organization with no real power. It basically would send Disney an email saying that someone has X issue, and Disney can respond. I would suggest just contacting Disney directly, as they have their own internal ways of dealing with this and it would be quicker than going through the BBB.

BBB used to be more relevant, in the time before Yelp and the internet, I think. They still maintain ratings for companies but for a behemoth like Disney I doubt it would matter, and anyway, whose Disney vacation depends on them having a quality BBB rating?

Quote Originally Posted by The International View Post
    That's true. On the other hand, if the enjoyment of your trip depends on a single thing, in the future it may make sense to do some more research to confirm the reality before investing. If a family's trip would be ruined by Splash Mountain being closed, they could call in advance to make sure it will be open during their trip (at least as far as scheduled maintenance goes). Similarly, a vegetarian would want to confirm that Blue Bayou has quality options for her before making a reservation there.

I'm not saying you're wrong in any way here. Just that the authenticity of the suits is something that a relatively small amount of people would ever notice or care about (and I'm not pointing fingers, I have hundreds of posts discussing minutia in Disney theme parks so this isn't a judgment of you whatsoever) and the promotional copy for the exhibit was pretty vague in the first place. When such a small detail could make or break your trip, it would make sense to confirm in advance before investing with your heart or your wallet.
    its was the sole purpose we took this trip.

otherwise i have no complaint.

of COURSE we bought 4 day hoppers if im taking time off of work we will make sure we are going to have an actual trip to make it more economically sensible.

if i went in there on my planned trip in december i would have just shrugged it off. but since i went to see the suits thats the issue

The BBB is a non-profit organization with no real power. It basically would send Disney an email saying that someone has X issue, and Disney can respond. I would suggest just contacting Disney directly, as they have their own internal ways of dealing with this and it would be quicker than going through the BBB.

BBB used to be more relevant, in the time before Yelp and the internet, I think. They still maintain ratings for companies but for a behemoth like Disney I doubt it would matter, and anyway, whose Disney vacation depends on them having a quality BBB rating?

I submitted a claim via BBB about 6 months ago against Microsoft and got a call back the next day from a Microsoft representative with a solution to my problem. They have more power and influence than YELP for sure.
    It's worth a shot
    "Raiders Suck"
    -Walt Disney

• Unhelpful User

its was the sole purpose we took this trip.

otherwise i have no complaint.

of COURSE we bought 4 day hoppers if im taking time off of work we will make sure we are going to have an actual trip to make it more economically sensible.

if i went in there on my planned trip in december i would have just shrugged it off. but since i went to see the suits thats the issue
    Yes, that was my point. If this was the singular purpose for taking this trip then it would make sense to confirm the reality before embarking on the trip. If I was taking a family trip to Disneyland and my children only cared about meeting Merida, I would make sure that Merida was going to be out and about in the parks before I booked the trip.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I just thought that pointing out that the actual suits you see Robert Downey Jr "wear" on the movie screen are CGI:

Name:  PndD8.gif
Views: 391
Size:  220.5 KB

Now, I know the above is from the 2nd movie (I think...) but it is to prove my point.

Also, here is Mr. Downey Jr. in the "suit"

Name:  W1J27.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  35.8 KB

The above, then gets animated to turn into this:

Name:  Bzrit.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  76.9 KB

I know that the main crux of this thread is to point out the wording or lack of, in the Disney Blog's promotion. However, as Penguinsoda pointed out:

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

No where in this does it actually state that the armor on display in Disneyland was actually worn by anyone. It states its a replica of the scene from the movie. It states that the suits were "featured" in the movie, but makes no mention of specifically how they were featured, and nowhere at any time does it actually or specifically state that THESE suite were worn at all.

Disney only stated that they were "authentic" in that they were actual armors... most likely props used at some point in the movie.

Any prop built and created for a movie is an authentic prop from that film. The props displayed at Disneyland were authentic in that they were created for use in the film, were most likely used if only for background shots but are still by definition "authentic." Disney is covered on that.
    The Iron Man Exhibit suits were probably used in a scene like the one pictured below:

Name:  2012-06-04-ironman3.jpg
Size:  187.3 KB

While I do understand your disappointment, it should be noted, as many others have, that Disney was not being deceitful here. As pointed out above, these were most likely props used in the film (like photo above) and being that it was never stated that the "suits" were worn by anyone, that would be true being that most of the "suits" were CGI (see photos above).

Yes, that was my point. If this was the singular purpose for taking this trip then it would make sense to confirm the reality before embarking on the trip. If I was taking a family trip to Disneyland and my children only cared about meeting Merida, I would make sure that Merida was going to be out and about in the parks before I booked the trip.
    I'm curious, who would the OP call to confirm these are the real/authentic costumes?
    And, how would one frame that question to the person answering the phone?
    "Raiders Suck"
    -Walt Disney

So, what was the problem at ESPN Zone?

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by Daboltz View Post
    I'm curious, who would the OP call to confirm these are the real/authentic costumes?
    And, how would one frame that question to the person answering the phone?
    I think Disney would be perfectly accommodating if you gave them a call and explained the situation. Perhaps the main Disney info line would be a good start, although you would probably have to get the call elevated as I doubt the people answering the phones would have known about the authenticity of the Iron Man suits offhand. Perhaps "Hello, I am planning a trip to Disneyland to see the Iron Man suits and I am wondering which suits, exactly, are on display. Can you assist me?"

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    I just thought that pointing out that the actual suits you see Robert Downey Jr "wear" on the movie screen are CGI:

Name:  PndD8.gif
Views: 391
Size:  220.5 KB

Now, I know the above is from the 2nd movie (I think...) but it is to prove my point.

Also, here is Mr. Downey Jr. in the "suit"

Name:  W1J27.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  35.8 KB

The above, then gets animated to turn into this:

Name:  Bzrit.jpg
Size:  76.9 KB

I know that the main crux of this thread is to point out the wording or lack of, in the Disney Blog's promotion. However, as Penguinsoda pointed out:

The Iron Man Exhibit suits were probably used in a scene like the one pictured below:

Name:  2012-06-04-ironman3.jpg
Size:  187.3 KB

While I do understand your disappointment, it should be noted, as many others have, that Disney was not being deceitful here. As pointed out above, these were most likely props used in the film (like photo above) and being that it was never stated that the "suits" were worn by anyone, that would be true being that most of the "suits" were CGI (see photos above).
    look harder. there are complete suits. also the ones on display could not even be worn like the chest pieces in the 2nd picture were

I Get that there are a lot of suits made. a lot.