Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516

Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

Somebody hasn't been following along .

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    What sort of movie studio would put up an exhibit about their movie and then not use the real, genuine thing that was actually seen in the movie? Whoever designed the exhibit is at fault here.

What sort of movie studio would put up an exhibit about their movie and then not use the real, genuine thing that was actually seen in the movie? Whoever designed the exhibit is at fault here.
    Technically, they did use the real genuine thing in terms of what was seen in the 3rd film as background props. The actual "real" suit was done mostly in post-production with CGI, so it is certainly (and probably) possible that the full suit RDJ donned in the movie doesn't actually exist.

GT, I have a question - lets say you do write the letter and express your dissatisfaction. If you aren't looking for compensation, as you've stated, and this has offended you so much that you have decided never to visit the park again, then what exactly are your expectations in a response? I ask this sincerely because having worked in customer service for many years, I've encountered many upset customers, and they usually either fall into the "I want to be compensated" group or the "I want to air my grievances" group.

You say that you want an answer and explanation - lets say you get a response, (and I'm playing Devils Advocate here) and Disney's response is that the suits are props from the film and their justification for this is that the real suit doesn't exist because its CGI. Would you be satisfied with that explanation? Would you want them to be more considerate when writing their PR copies? Do you want them to take down the exhibit?

Truly, I am genuinely curious as to what answer/justification would please you.

• Observer

you've got to be joking.....
    hey I bouht a season pass to universal studios Hollywood... it sucked... but I still got to go so I don't deserve a refund....neither do you. sorry, if the sole reason for you visiting was the iron man stuff, and your that passionate, then you should have made sure it was what you wanted. u still got to experience the rest of the resort.

I mean, its a theme park. go to a movie museum to find authentic props. and don't string along a forum as info crazy as this one for 3 pages... if you cant give us the full story, then don't post until you can.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Refer to my posts:

truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

I tried to layout what might have been misunderstood. But I believe someone pointed out it was the phrase "the same suits featured in Iron Man 3" from the Disney blog that might have been misinterpreted to read as "suits worn in the movie", which is not what the blog was promoting.
    Last edited by clara; 06-18-2013 at 12:12 PM. Reason: forgot to put in a quote

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

This thread lasted a long time with civil discourse and back-and-forth discussion, largely minus personal attacks. That is to be commended.

The OP was asking for specific information about where to contact Disney regarding a personal complaint. The best method is to write a physical letter to the Disney company. Here is one contact address:

The Walt Disney Company
    500 South Buena Vista Street
    Burbank, California, 91521

Another option is for this address:

Customer Service Department (or, Michael Colglazier, if you wish to address it directly to the president of the Resort)
    Disneyland Resort
    P.O. Box 3232
    Anaheim, CA 92802-3232

These are both valid options.

However, the last page and a half has gotten pretty nasty in terms of personal attacks, mockery, and general rudeness, which I have already requested not occur in this thread early on due to potential for starting a fight over someone's legitimate experience in visiting the park. Several posts have had to be removed from the thread due to abuse and disregard for other members.

Staff is regretful it had to come to the point of this thread being closed, but the likelihood of increasing personal attacks required that be the case for now. Site staff will be discussing if it might be re-opened, hopefully with the input of the OP, gtsouthard, and their desire for this discussion or more information going forward. Thank you all for your time and understanding.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516