Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

Quote Originally Posted by gtsouthard View Post
    it most certainly does.

the 1st line is "authentic movie armors from Iron Man 3"
    Authentic as in they were showcased in Iron Man 3, not necessarily that they were worn by the actors. The suits were shown in the film.

• I'm from Canada eh!

I'm not really sure what you were expecting. I mean, there is a good chance that these suits were used on camera in the background. I suppose it is your right to be disappointed, but I feel like you are overreacting a bit. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by gtsouthard View Post
    it most certainly does.

the 1st line is "authentic movie armors from Iron Man 3"
    Im pretty sure it would have just said, "Suits worn in the movie by Robert Downey Jr."
    because it does not say than or implies that on that line.
    In my opinion

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Authentic as in they were showcased in Iron Man 3, not necessarily that they were worn by the actors. The suits were shown in the film.
    Well, it is not known one hundred percent the specific suits of armor were in the movie - that's a supposition. They were likely already on display at comic con in San Diego, and could have been made for that purpose, or they could be background props from the film too, before that - there is no concrete 'proof' either way if they were on-screen in Iron Man 3 or not.

What is known is there was a small display case of items with descriptive signs, identifying them as genuine film props, further on past the virtual armor Kinect style game (two helmets and some chest pieces and gloves, one set from the cave/Mark One suit and one red and gold one). This opens the door to the possibility the suits were not what were referred to by 'film props' at all, but replicas.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Of course there is a difference between a 'hero' suit that is wearable and one that is solely there for background purposes: both can and are used in a film, so both are 'authentic' in that sense if on display somewhere after the movie is released. The issue here seems to be a valid one of perception, i.e., Disney stating strongly the suits of armor they're showing at Innoventions are unique (they use words like 'rare opportunity'), and that was undercut/proven to be not accurate to this specific visitor and their expectations, since they were told the items on display were shipped from the San Diego comic con and were not specifically sent from Marvel films for the park/one-of-a-kind pieces intended to be 'special' for Disneyland alone, which is what GT expected based on advanced press (and logically so from the wording).
    Exactly. To the word-splitting lawyers, background suits are technically "authentic."

But if Disney uses such word-splitting to defend itself from accusations of deceptive advertising, it just proves the point that they pulled a giant Gotcha. They used language such as "unique" and "authentic" in connection to the Iron Man suits, which obviously is going to lead people to think they're the suits worn in the movie, not some background set decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by The International View Post
    ...in the future when marketing is vague like that it would make sense to find out what the real deal is before planning a trip.
    Which simply proves the point that Disney can't be trusted at their word.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 06-17-2013 at 04:38 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Could it be a possibility that the authentic suit that was supposed to be used for the exhibit was borrowed by the movie studio on the dates that you were visiting the park, and that this replica was put in place temporarily so they didn't have to close the attraction? Still doesn't make up for the snafu in advertising, and your disappointment. You should get what you pay for. End of story.

I agree with johnlawwhiskey.
    Please type a formal letter and mail to corporate. Not sure a lawsuit is necessary, or would bear fruit. I trust that Disney will go to great lengths to make this right. Do not be hostile in your letter. Be professional, articulate and have your facts organized. If you documented the names of the employees that you have had contact with to date it will only help your cause. Keep to the facts, and don't rant, etc.
    As a share holder of Disney, I am personally concerned that one of the companies in which I invest my hard earned dollars would purposely possibly defraud fans this way.
    Keep us posted.
    Also send a letter or file a complaint with the BBB, and the California Attorney General's office. Both of their websites can direct you on your course of action. In your letter to Disney, let them know that you are also filing complaints with both the BBB and Ca. State Attorney Gen's office.
    I have had to do this personally with Direct TV and Home Depot. In both cases, I was vindicated as a consumer, and satisfied with the results of my complaints.
    Disney is in the customer service business. You will see results.
    "Your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis."
    -Your Ghost Host

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

IMG_6674 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

18 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

These were the pieces identified specifically as being used on-screen in the film (via small descriptive signs in the case), and they are more damaged/dinged up etc from physical usage. This makes me think that the full-body suits are not what was being referred to as actual film props on the parks blog, which was very ambiguous from the wording as to what was and was not in the movie itself.

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Gen Disney Fan View Post
    Agreed. I honestly feel real bad about the disappointment the OP feels about the experience. I am just a more "realistic" person I guess. Reading the press release and then seeing what is actually on display, I think it pretty much describes the experience. I had a similar experience when I was about 10 and went to Universal Hollywood and saw the "real" K.I.T.T. car from Knight Rider. They let you sit in it and you could supposedly talk to it as if it were the real thing. Too bad the illusion quickly vanished when I spotted the employee talking into the mic to change his voice to sound like the car should have. I can understand the OP's earlier post about it being like seeing a costumed CM walking around without their head on.
    thats not me being unrealistic. Disney owns marvel. Universal does not own Nbc. look if they said they had the real helicarrier from avengers there i would know it was a model. Im not being out of line at all. Being that disney knows where every single prop and suit made for all those movies is right now as i type this, so they can use them in avengers 2, this is not an odd thing to think was actually what it was advertised as.

• Co-Host of USWP

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Which simply proves the point that Disney can't be trusted at their word.
    Which is exactly what the OP was trying to get across with their point. I agree with him. Though it isn't a big deal to me because I could care less about seeing Iron Man armor, clearly it IS a big issue to the OP and I agree with him for feeling deceived and disappointed.

As I stated in my earlier post, this is bad judgement on the marketing team at best. At worst, it is borderline outright deception.

IMG_6674 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

18 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

These were the pieces identified specifically as being used on-screen in the film (via small descriptive signs in the case), and they are more damaged/dinged up etc from physical usage. This makes me think that the full-body suits are not what was being referred to as actual film props on the parks blog, which was very ambiguous from the wording as to what was and was not in the movie itself.

but you cannot tell there till you are in the exhibit. you can not get to the exhibit till you spend almost 600 dollars on your 4 day park hoppers.

the website listing shows a picture of the hall of armors, and states they are real

I equate this to the part in the muppetvision 3d preshow where rizzo tries to pass himself off as mickey mouse. "they're tourists what do they know?"

Quote Originally Posted by J Laffite 1764 View Post
    Could it be a possibility that the authentic suit that was supposed to be used for the exhibit was borrowed by the movie studio on the dates that you were visiting the park, and that this replica was put in place temporarily so they didn't have to close the attraction? Still doesn't make up for the snafu in advertising, and your disappointment. You should get what you pay for. End of story.

Please type a formal letter and mail to corporate. Not sure a lawsuit is necessary, or would bear fruit. I trust that Disney will go to great lengths to make this right. Do not be hostile in your letter. Be professional, articulate and have your facts organized. If you documented the names of the employees that you have had contact with to date it will only help your cause. Keep to the facts, and don't rant, etc.
    As a share holder of Disney, I am personally concerned that one of the companies in which I invest my hard earned dollars would purposely possibly defraud fans this way.
    Keep us posted.
    Also send a letter or file a complaint with the BBB, and the California Attorney General's office. Both of their websites can direct you on your course of action. In your letter to Disney, let them know that you are also filing complaints with both the BBB and Ca. State Attorney Gen's office.
    I have had to do this personally with Direct TV and Home Depot. In both cases, I was vindicated as a consumer, and satisfied with the results of my complaints.
    but do you continue to do business with them?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Oh, I agree with you, don't misunderstand - that was absolutely the seeming intent of the blog, to associate the full suits with being movie props/one-of-a-kind. But the wording is just loose enough to say, there are props inside the exhibit, without detail - so that the armor suits most prominently on display may not have been in the film (they also may have to be fair, but no proof on that one either way, or specific evidence inside the Innoventions display space compared to the smaller separate items which it says were seen in the movies via descriptive signs accompanying them).

Quote Originally Posted by J Laffite 1764 View Post

Keep us posted.
    Filing a report with the BBB can't really do much of anything and I'm sure the OP doesn't want to take the extra time to go through that. I've used the BBB quite a number of times and what some people may not know about them is that the BBB can only act as an arbitrator, a neutral party to enact a compromise or resolution. Sure, they grade businesses based on reports, but its not going to significantly affect a corporation the size of Disney. If GT were to take that route, he'd have to wait about a week for his complaint to reach Disney, then wait an "X" amount of time for Disney to respond, and then he would have his opportunity to respond in turn. The BBB can't force Disney to do anything. In cases of smaller companies, the company doesn't even have to respond to the BBB complaint. I filed one last year against a company for a product I tried to purchase online (which was bought, but never received) and the company ignored the complaint. They didn't care to respond, and the BBB couldn't do anything. After 30 days, the complaint was closed by the BBB. Granted, this won't happen with Disney, but it still would be a waste of time.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Well, it is not known one hundred percent the specific suits of armor were in the movie - that's a supposition. They were likely already on display at comic con in San Diego, and could have been made for that purpose, or they could be background props from the film too, before that - there is no concrete 'proof' either way if they were on-screen in Iron Man 3 or not.

What is known is there was a small display case of items with descriptive signs, identifying them as genuine film props, further on past the virtual armor Kinect style game (two helmets and some chest pieces and gloves, one set from the cave/Mark One suit and one red and gold one). This opens the door to the possibility the suits were not what were referred to by 'film props' at all, but replicas.
    a valid COA with time stamped pictures could prove that

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast