Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

BTW if any CMs are on here reading this please feel free to print it out and show it to a lead. This is who you work for. I was a loyal customer. I no longer am

Quote Originally Posted by gtsouthard View Post
    I equate this to the part in the muppetvision 3d preshow where rizzo tries to pass himself off as mickey mouse. "they're tourists what do they know?"
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Quote Originally Posted by rpino View Post
    Im pretty sure it would have just said, "Suits worn in the movie by Robert Downey Jr."
    because it does not say than or implies that on that line.
    In my opinion

technically it would say tony stark. since jarvis is part of the display. there is no rdj

thats not me being unrealistic. Disney owns marvel. Universal does not own Nbc. look if they said they had the real helicarrier from avengers there i would know it was a model. Im not being out of line at all. Being that disney knows where every single prop and suit made for all those movies is right now as i type this, so they can use them in avengers 2, this is not an odd thing to think was actually what it was advertised as.
    Let's cut this down to just facts now. The press release states that you will see the Hall of Armor as seen in the film, among other props. Based on screenshots posted in this thread I would say that they delivered on that. Again, I'm sorry you got disappointed. I'm sorry that you misunderstood the press release and it caused you this much of a headache.
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

Mark I-VII are the armors used in the background filming in the workshop. Glass enclosure armor more set pieces. None is fake. They were used in Iron Man 3 as stated.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Billybillybob View Post
    Mark I-VII are the armors used in the background filming in the workshop. Glass enclosure armor more set pieces. None is fake. They were used in Iron Man 3 as stated.
    Do you have a source for that?
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

the joints do not bend. they were not EVER worn by any stuntman or actor because they are solid. they are replicas. not actual screen used props.
    This seems like the heart of your beef. To play the devil's advocate: Wouldn't an authentic prop from from the film be solid? There's no need for the prop to bend if it's simply used in the film in the Hall of Armor. How does being solid mean it's a replica and wasn't used in the film?

I mention this since you might have a stronger argument with Disney if you're clear about this point.

Yup, bottom line here is that Disney lost a loyal customer due to technicalities. Assumptions make the worst of people, and that's exactly what happened here. If this exhibit were that big of a deal, a phone call or email (or snail mail) confirming that these suits were actually worn by RDJ should have taken place. The wording does not say that they were actually worn, you assumed it. Sorry, but that's just the truth. They could very well be (and probably are) the authentic pieces from the movie, which could have been (and probably were) props, one piece suits that looked to be the previously worn suits. Take it as a lesson learned... if something means this much to you, do some research before investing hard earned money and time.

I do sympathize with you. I don't see Disney being wrong in this situation, though.

I don't think there's anything Disney can do to make me not go there anymore... I hope I don't ever find out if there is.
    Last edited by John Keola Lessary; 06-17-2013 at 05:05 PM. Reason: changed "sometime" to "something"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Do you have a source for that?
    Yes, but it must remain anonymous.

• a wind to shake the stars

According to this article, the guy in charge of the exhibit (Jay Dreves) says they're not replicas but real armors that were used in the films.

Quote Originally Posted by The International View Post
    According to this article, the guy in charge of the exhibit (Jay Dreves) says they're not replicas but real armors that were used in the films.
    With this being said, it says nothing and doesn't imply actually being used by the RDJ.

Unfortunate that something that should have been an awesome trip went sour so quickly.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by John Keola Lessary View Post
    With this being said, it says nothing and doesn't imply actually being used by the RDJ.
    A quote from the article (emphasis mine):

"The main draw at Iron Man Tech is Iron Man’s Hall of Armor, as seen in the films – with the Mark I through Mark VII armors worn in Iron Man, Iron Man 2 and The Avengers all on display..."

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by The International View Post
    It's here:

Beginning April 13, Iron Man Tech Presented by Stark Industries will give Disneyland park guests the chance to see Tony Stark’s Hall of Armor, featuring Iron Man suits Mark I-VII – the same suits featured in “Iron Man 3.” And you will even be able to virtually “suit up,” yourself! Through simulation technology, guests will be able to see what it’s like to operate the latest pieces of the Mark 42 Iron Man armor, even getting the chance to test out its infamous repulsor blasts.

It doesn't say anything about the suits being authentic. When it mentions the I - VII, my reading is that it mentions them as concepts, not physical suits. "Featured in" reads to me like they were "stars" of the show, not physically featured in. Similar to how you can meet Merida, but you're not really meeting Merida, you're meeting an actress dressed up like Merida. But, of course, they don't call it that.

Honestly, I am sorry you had such a negative experience but in the future when marketing is vague like that it would make sense to find out what the real deal is before planning a trip.
    That's all and good for the press release but what about Disneyland's claim on their own website on the Innoventions page?
    Dates: Beginning April 13, 2013 (for a limited time)
    Celebrate the May 3, 2013 theatrical release of the highly anticipated action-adventure film, Iron Man 3, starring Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow with this remarkable exhibit:

• See authentic movie armors from Iron Man 3.
    • Learn about the technology behind the Iron Man suits.
    • Through augmented reality technology, see yourself virtually suiting up in pieces of the latest Mark 42 armor on a video screen display.
    • Virtually, test out some of the cool features of the suit

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

So, yes, unless he misspoke (saying worn instead of used), no real way the full suits on display at Innoventions are wearable to judge from seeing them in person it would seem. The pieces on display were based on armor models seen in the films, no doubt of that, but that's back to the Disney-speak aspect (meeting Merida and Cinderella and Jack Sparrow, etc) perhaps.

Could be merely an assumption then the writer of that article misrepresented/propagated as fact, or the Imagineer propagated knowingly when it was inaccurate about the suits being 'worn'. Either way, the press for this in advance states potentially misleading information about what appeared on film and in what capacity, blurring the lines of what is 'authentic' and how it was utilized, regardless of if the armor seen in Innoventions had background use in the movie.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

A lot of people are using the term authentic as if it actually means something. IMO this is similar to some food producers calling something organic when in fact it is anything but.

Disney may very well have made exaggerations in regards to the Iron Man suits being "authentic". So much so they probably could be sued if someone if someone really wanted to.

Is the OP justified in his anger? If he was from the local area I would say not. But seeing all the expense he went through only to be duped, I'd say his feelings are justified.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast