Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

visited DLR over the weekend. Trip started off great my fiance and I actually decided where we wanted to get married at the resort.

Had something occur At disneyland later in the day that i really did not believe was possible. Something happened that affected me to the point where I will never set foot in that place again, or spend another dime.

I need to know who I can email, or call to express how i feel regarding what happened. I dont want anything for free, I dont want a refund. City hall really was no help, and since what happened was done on a management level there was no reason it really could have been handled there. Thanks

Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

You didn't really give any information.

• No Disassemble!

Name:  tumblr_m46wf3A8QV1qbazqio1_500.jpg
Views: 2244
Size:  101.2 KB
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Rock Star Minion

So, the marriage is off??

I'd like more information, too, to make sure someone else was in the wrong.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Closed Account

What to advise you to do really depends on the nature of what took place. If it's a "usual Disneyland complaint" related to someone else in the park, the park itself, theft, lost kid, bad staff, bad management, or whatever, then you can shoot customer service an e-mail on the website at https://disneyland.disney.go.com/help/email/ it's a standard e-mail form. There can be huge delays before you receive a message back.

If it's something that you want to be heard by an actual person, rather than what you put down in writing, call (714) 781-4000 and press 3. The wait time is less mid day and is usually the busiest first thing in the morning. Make sure that in your e-mail or phone call that you mention that you went to City Hall and that your concerns were not addressed or resolved so that they don't give you the whole "complain before you leave" spiel.

Additionally, since you are calling just to tell them what happened, they likely won't let you speak with a supervisor. If you wanted replacement tickets, or something to be done, that is the only time they would escalate it. Basically if you are asking for nothing, don't expect them to care too much about it depending on the nature of the complaint.

the wedding isnt off
    the wedding at disneyland is off yes. theres no way i can see putting my faith into the company to take care of this correctly.

Ill go into a more detail about what happened when i have a little more time. there is a lot of detail to go into about and its a lot to type.
    Last edited by gtsouthard; 06-17-2013 at 11:31 AM.

• Foolish Mortal

Bummer, I'm curious to hear about what happened to make you guys have changed your minds.

Quote Originally Posted by gtsouthard View Post
    the wedding isnt off
    the wedding at disneyland is off yes. theres no way i can see putting my faith into the company to take care of this correctly.

Ill go into a more detail about what happened when i have a little more time. there is a lot of detail to go into about and its a lot to type.
    Honestly, you don't need to go into too much detail on here to get the best advice. Because whatever it is, it sounds like it could be pretty drastic, at least in your perception. And if it is, the details does not have to be fully discussed here for it may not be our business. (That's just my opinion on it.) I would refer to what johnlawwhiskey said and go with whatever route you prefer, whether that be by email or by phone. But its up to you on how much detail you want to provide for the rest of us here. Because from what you've said so far, it sounds pretty heavy and the heavier it is, the more personal it can be.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Something happened that affected me to the point where I will never set foot in that place again, or spend another dime.
    Is there something Disney can do to change your mind about ever visiting again?

If not, what's the point
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Maybe they wouldn't give refunds on unused ride tickets from the late 70s?

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Maybe they wouldn't give refunds on unused ride tickets from the late 70s?
    You'd get more for them on Ebay
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post

If not, what's the point
    I dont think so. however my fiance may be able to based on what disney says to her. More than anything I want an answer from someone who can give me one as to why this actually was allowed to happen. there was an actual decision made by someone to do it. A good analogy is if a child saw mickey walking around without his head on. That is how badly this made me feel.

visited DLR over the weekend. Trip started off great my fiance and I actually decided where we wanted to get married at the resort.

Had something occur At disneyland later in the day that i really did not believe was possible. Something happened that affected me to the point where I will never set foot in that place again, or spend another dime.

I need to know who I can email, or call to express how i feel regarding what happened. I dont want anything for free, I dont want a refund. City hall really was no help, and since what happened was done on a management level there was no reason it really could have been handled there. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post

If not, what's the point
    You bring up a good question & point Jeff. But if there is one thing I know in life, its customer service. Even though to Disney, customer's aren't customers, they're guests, it all goes down to the same bottom line & the same principles.

I've worked customer service for 20+ years, and everything I have picked up in the jobs I've had over that time, I have retained and passed forward. A number of them being customer service call centers with a few cell phone companies. And one thing that I've learned that I will always remember is what to listen for when a customer wants to leave. The one constant, solid fact that pertains to this situation is this - if a customer really wants to leave, they'll just do it. They'll just take their business elsewhere. Those that complain & threaten to leave, really don't want to leave, and would rather see something significant done to resolve their issue. They want to be satisfied, and they want to return. So CSR's, or in the case of Disney CM's, are trained to help those that complain and to do whatever they can to resolve their issues so that they will return. But both roles are also trained to listen & watch for those that don't say anything, that are not satisfied and could leave at the drop of the hat. You can't always save every customer, but for those that complain & are looking for results, even if they threaten to leave & never come back, those customers/guests can still be saved. So in the case of gtsouthard, there's still a point. Disney can still do something to make them want to come back. That's why he posted here because they want advice on what to do. Otherwise, it would be a done deal and we all wouldn't be having this conversation.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

I dont think so. however my fiance may be able to based on what disney says to her. More than anything I want an answer from someone who can give me one as to why this actually was allowed to happen. there was an actual decision made by someone to do it. A good analogy is if a child saw mickey walking around without his head on. That is how badly this made me feel.
    Now you have me curious.

• I'm from Canada eh!

More details are needed.

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast