Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Closed Account

Re: Kids Say The Darnedest Things-Disneyland Version

Quote Originally Posted by iceicebergha View Post
    Can I admit something that I personally said this weekend? I'm not a kid but I'm sure someone would appreciate it/find it funny/laugh at my embarrassment.

We went to Big Thunder ranch to see Billy Hill, and as we were exiting decided to pet one of the horses. She was absolutely beautiful, but paying no attention to us as she was eating grass. I had gumbo for lunch, and whenever I do, I always avoid eating the okra. I said to the horse "your lunch looks good, I think I had some of that in my gumbo" but my lovely boyfriend apparently thought I said "I think I had some of YOU in my gumbo" and then proceeded to not only ask me if that's what I said, but then continued to harp on how awful it was, even when I was trying to defend myself. (For anyone who is wondering, I've never, nor will I ever, eat a horse.)
    I'm sorry, but I had to laugh out loud hysterically to that. Aren't boyfriends wonderful when they aren't completely listening but want to make you think they are listening?

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    I'm sorry, but I had to laugh out loud hysterically to that. Aren't boyfriends wonderful when they aren't completely listening but want to make you think they are listening?
    I really didn't think he was listening at all! Of course after he made such a fuss, the CM looked at me like I was the devil, all the while politely laughing. I finally told him we had to leave because it was getting uncomfortable, and he's still laughing about it a few days later. I swear, I meant the grass!

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

Something tells me that if there was a t**ty room, there would be a long line for it. Disney would make a fortune of of it.

• Minion

On one trip with my then 5 year old, who is oldest of 4 now, we went on Indiana Jones with my mom. After we got aboard our vehicle and before they checked the seatbelt, he was frantically trying to make sure it was on and fastened and couldn't make it work. The vehicle started to move forward to the belt checking point (I guess you could call it), and as it did so, my son was convinced the right had started and he was going to ride it belt-less. He just sadly shook his head and stated to my mom, "It's over" in a very serious and low-key tone. My mom still laughs about it to this day.

• No Disassemble!

I came here expecting this:

Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Do they still do this at the park?! I would love to catch this if they do. I'm in stitches over how Cruella literally can't handle it.

My boss' two year old son is going to Disneyland for the first time in two weeks, and I told him last week that I may be seeing Lightning McQueen and asked if he wanted me to pass along a message to him. He, very seriously, looked at me and said "where will you see him?" and I wasn't sure if I should say Disneyland, so while I thought of my answer, he responded "will you see him on the road? Because, you know, he's a car." While I laughed hysterically, he then followed up with the realization that I'd see him at Disneyland. I still can't get over it.

iceicebergha;
    "Do they still do this at the park?! I would love to catch this if they do. I'm in stitches over how Cruella literally can't handle it."

YES
    Today 6/20/13 at 2:30, the Musical Chairs game winner, Lilly, making Funny Faces with Mr. Hatter.

The Joke of the Day..... Alice, "What do you call a Bear with no shoes?" Barefoot
    Last edited by Disneyland 1951; 06-20-2013 at 09:21 PM.

One evening a couple of years ago, my wife, son & I were shopping at a Target. I found a dvd pack that had all 3 of the Austin Powers movie, plus the Bill Murray film "Spies Like Us." I wasn't a fan of that film too much but I really wanted the Powers trilogy. So when I showed this to my wife, telling her of the small dislike of the one movie, our four year old (who wasn't even facing me) mutters "That's just the way it is." Both my wife and I busted out laughing! He's said many a things that were pretty funny through his young life, but that is one I can clearly remember.

And my apologies that this didn't happen at Disneyland. I must have missed that part of the title. Oops.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I also was in Turtle Talk with Crush and he was playing hide and seek with us. One little kid ran up to the screen and yelled, "don't you hide from me! I'm gonna find you!"
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I was in line for Alice in Wonderland once and this little boy started crying and when the mom asked what was wrong his response was, "this is boring! Why would you choose this?!"
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

My almost 4yo saw the Hunchback show at DHS and got the words Esmerelda (sp?) and sanctuary confused and started calling the character Sanctuelda.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by strat68 View Post
    My almost 4yo saw the Hunchback show at DHS and got the words Esmerelda (sp?) and sanctuary confused and started calling the character Sanctuelda.
    This is so cute! I remember we took a four year old girl with us one time and she was determined to catch all of the princesses at Disneyland. She was getting their signatures, photos, etc. Esmeralda saw her leave Snow White and we were sitting on a bench and she came over to us. The little girl immediately recognized her from the movie. Esmeralda said hello and wanted to know if she wanted her signature. The little girl said "your not a real princess your not in the club". Esmeralda looked like she was either going to laugh or cry. The worst part about it, we never saw her in the park again, that little girl is now 19 and has all of the princesses signatures and wishes she had Esmeralda's.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

About 8 years ago I took my son into the Frontierland gift shop, he was 4. He tried on a cowboy hat that has a heart on the front of it. From across the room he yells "Look Dad! I got a heart on!!" Seems innocent, but when you say it out loud it sounds like he means something totally different. The snickers from around the shop were heard loudly. Great memory!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12