Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Closed Account

Talking Kids Say The Darnedest Things-Disneyland Version

So its' true kids really do say the darnedest things, and I have heard quite a few kids say things that were off the wall hilarious, downright weird, or just plain crazy. So what are the funnest/scariest/weirdest/strangest things that you have ever heard from a kids mouth at Disneyland?

Some examples from recent trips:
    My boyfriend and I had just come out of the Beauty And The Beast show and there was a little girl, age 4 getting into a stroller in front of the theater with her mom. My boyfriend (silly him) asked the little girl "did you just come from the Beauty and the Beast show" the little girl did not just say yes or no, but got completely offended. She stands up in her stroller and goes "No. Why would you think I came from there." then she points to the castle and says "I came from over there, and I was here before you were". My boyfriend and I had a hard time not cracking up laughing. The mother looked at us, and the three of us started laughing. The little girl couldn't figure out why we were laughing and kept saying "what" looking at us all. It was the most memorable interaction with other guests of the trip.

We were at the monorail waiting to board the "cone", which we had never done before. A dad and son came, the son was 7, and they wanted to ride in the "cone" as well, we invited them to come along because there were only two of us. We struck up all kinds of conversation with us. The dad says to the son "I bet when he was little (pointing to my boyfriend) there was no Space Mountain". I then say "When I was little there was no Splash Mountain". The kid picked right up on the conversation and says "When I was five there was no Carsland".

Some of are favorite interactions at the parks are with other guests.

• The doctor is in

Re: Kids Say The Darnedest Things-Disneyland Version

I was waiting for Fantasmic last year and I heard a mother snap at her young son who was about 4 or 5. All I heard was, "they don't have bacon! What do you expect me to do about it?" The child's response was, "but mama, my heart loves bacon!"

I laughed for 5 straight minutes.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I was waiting for Fantasmic last year and I heard a mother snap at her young son who was about 4 or 5. All I heard was, "they don't have bacon! What do you expect me to do about it?" The child's response wasm "but mama, my heart loves bacon!"

I laughed for 5 straight minutes.
    That's awesome. I would have laughed also. Sometimes it's hard to decide whether to laugh or not, especially when kids are involved. But sometimes keeping a straight face is even harder.

• The doctor is in

I also was in Turtle Talk with Crush and he was playing hide and seek with us. One little kid ran up to the screen and yelled, "don't you hide from me! I'm gonna find you!"

• Selfie Expert

I was standing in line at Peter Pan on Dapper Day, in full Dapper gear, and a little girl's mom turned around to me and said "My daughter just told me she wants to be like you when she grows up". Not so much funny as just heartwarming!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• formerly very helpful

I've told this story before, so you may have heard it. When my daughter was toilet training, she wore Disney princess pull-ups. They had a picture of a Disney princess on them, and little flowers or something that would disappear when she went. Wel anyway, we were visiting Cinderella when my daughter announced to her "I'm not going to pee on you!"

cinderella looked a bit confused by this comment, to be sure.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I've told this story before, so you may have heard it. When my daughter was toilet training, she wore Disney princess pull-ups. They had a picture of a Disney princess on them, and little flowers or something that would disappear when she went. Wel anyway, we were visiting Cinderella when my daughter announced to her "I'm not going to pee on you!"

cinderella looked a bit confused by this comment, to be sure.
    Haha! I bet the look on Cinderella's face was priceless. At least your daughter didn't pull down her pants or something to show off Cinderella to Cinderella. But I can only imagine what Cinderella was thinking.

• Blew By You

My 7 year old daughter went on Tower of Terror and had a great time. As she approached me, she was talking with a young lady whom she sat by on the ride. She ran towards me happily and then turned to the lady and said "This is my dad who's a big chicken and he won't get on Tower of Terror, ..." and proceeded to name all the rides I don't get on.

I was walking through Adventureland one time and there was a little boy throwing a fit that we wanted to go back to the "titty room." I'm pretty sure he meant the Tiki room...

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by ProvoAggie View Post
    I was walking through Adventureland one time and there was a little boy throwing a fit that we wanted to go back to the "titty room." I'm pretty sure he meant the Tiki room...
    LOL so priceless. I bet his parents didn't see the humor in it at the time.

• Closed Account

When I was in my teen years, I went with a family I used to babysit for to Disneyland. It would be their 5 year old daughter's first time that she could go on "non baby" rides as she put it. We were on the Matterhorn and she wanted to sit in front of me in the bobsled. She was digging her finger nails into me before the ride even started. As we were going up the Matterhorn she was screaming "we're gonna die" at the top of her lungs over and over again. Then, as we went in the mountain for the first time she screamed "get me off this thing before I die". As we finally hit the part where you see the Yetti she screams "we're dead we got eaten" then when we hit the water she was laughing and wanted to go again.

• The doctor is in

I was in line for Alice in Wonderland once and this little boy started crying and when the mom asked what was wrong his response was, "this is boring! Why would you choose this?!"

Quote Originally Posted by ProvoAggie View Post
    Must be DL's after hours adult attraction. Guess it would be a DD ticket?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I was in line for Alice in Wonderland once and this little boy started crying and when the mom asked what was wrong his response was, "this is boring! Why would you choose this?!"
    LOL I have gone with adults who reacted the same way.

Can I admit something that I personally said this weekend? I'm not a kid but I'm sure someone would appreciate it/find it funny/laugh at my embarrassment.

We went to Big Thunder ranch to see Billy Hill, and as we were exiting decided to pet one of the horses. She was absolutely beautiful, but paying no attention to us as she was eating grass. I had gumbo for lunch, and whenever I do, I always avoid eating the okra. I said to the horse "your lunch looks good, I think I had some of that in my gumbo" but my lovely boyfriend apparently thought I said "I think I had some of YOU in my gumbo" and then proceeded to not only ask me if that's what I said, but then continued to harp on how awful it was, even when I was trying to defend myself. (For anyone who is wondering, I've never, nor will I ever, eat a horse.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast