Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• "The Musical Quil"

Cool When we're finished with Cars?

Let's face it, eventually we'll be done with the Cars franchise enough to replace Cars Land with something else. Now before I start receiving hate mail let me just say I'm a big fan of the new land... I'd like to see more throughout the land but a big fan non-the-less.

Remember now... this is all hypothetical. Fast forward 50+ years... "doo-da-loo doo-da-loo doo-da-loo doo-da-loo doo-da-loo"

Sections of the land could be written off to it's surrounding lands etc, but what to do with that pesky mountain range? I would imagine tearing it down would be an huge chunk out of the budget which will replace it. Naturally a retheme would be a better idea. So here's the question.

How would one retheme that range enough to cater to the incredible attraction (which it would have to be to top this) that replaces Radiator Springs Racers? Would it be terribly costly to replace the cadilac tops with something realistic? Should the whole range come down? Are we stuck with this type of ride, and layout for ever?
    DJ JARVICIOUS
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Electro | Hip-Hop | Top 40 | Funky
    www.Facebook.com/DJJarvicious
    www.SoundCloud.com/DJJarvicious
    Instagram / Twitter: @DJJARVICIOUS

• Minion

Re: When we're finished with Cars?

Maybe get rid of the tail fins and rename the ride Desert Racers or something. For the characters inside, I would replace them with AA humans that look like they're from Route 66. Also, I would get rid of the eyes on the ride vehicles. Overall, this would make the ride an experience with original characters.

• Senior Minion

I doubt they'll ever change RSR or its mountain range. If 'Cars' looses popularity, it will just become Car Land and the Luigi's ride will probably go. I'd think the other two will remain popular even if nobody knows who the characters are. Both my parents had never seen Cars before seeing Cars Land and they still enjoyed RSR and MJJ and loved the atmosphere, but thought Luigi's was dumb. Plus, nobody wants to remove Splash Mountain and I'm betting Cars will be a lot more familiar to most people in 50 years than Song of the South is now.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I doubt they'll ever change RSR or its mountain range. If 'Cars' looses popularity, it will just become Car Land and the Luigi's ride will probably go. I'd think the other two will remain popular even if nobody knows who the characters are. Both my parents had never seen Cars before seeing Cars Land and they still enjoyed RSR and MJJ and loved the atmosphere, but thought Luigi's was dumb. Plus, nobody wants to remove Splash Mountain and I'm betting Cars will be a lot more familiar to most people in 50 years than Song of the South is now.
    I wholeheartedly agree that Cars land will always have a place in the future of DCA that could evolve accordingly; minus Luigi's. I find it interesting that someone would think that "Cars Land" would become "out of style" or "out" anything. I do believe the whole idea was to create a land that would last for generations... Bugs land would be way more "dated" than Cars land could ever be in 50 plus years, right?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Bring back the Wacky Soap Box Racers! OK so that was a Knott's ride. But still if they swapped out the cars for soapbox racers it would work. Wonder if Disney could resurrect old Knott's rides?

•   
    • Minion

I don't ever see Carsland being re-themed. Even without a movie it;s a great area to be in. I forget about the movie when I am in it. I just enjoy the atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by RacerGT View Post
    Bugs land would be way more "dated" than Cars land could ever be in 50 plus years, right?
    I would think that "cars" as a familiar entity might be rather antique in fifty years, like the horse-drawn trolleys are to us, but bugs will probably outlive us as a species on the planet...
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DobbysCloset View Post
    I would think that "cars" as a familiar entity might be rather antique in fifty years, like the horse-drawn trolleys are to us, but bugs will probably outlive us as a species on the planet...
    I don't think cars are going anywhere, the power-plant may (hopefully will) change and it may drive itself, but the car in some form will remain. In any case, Cars Land does a good job of creating a historical environment. Even if in 50 years there were no cars, it will be an interesting take on mid 20th century Route 66 car culture, just like Mainstreet or Frontierland. The more cars change, the more nostalgia today's kids will have when they visit in 50 years.

On the other hand, Bugs Land has very little to do with bugs in general and is much more reliant on the Bug's Life characters. Obviously people will know what Bugs are in 50 years, but if it's still there by then, which I doubt it will be, people will wonder where they got this strange idea for a Bug Land in a park about California.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

We're still not done with Mr. Toad and his Wild Ride, and Mr. Toad is better known through his ride than his motion picture appearance.

Strip away the "Cars"(in your mind, not physically) from cars land and you still have one of the best lands ever created. I do this every time I walk through the shops, the street, or flows. Paradise pier, Bugsland, Condor Flats will be demolished long before CL is even considered for the wrecking ball.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Blew By You

Look at this question from a different angle: no need to change when the attraction is built well in the first place. Look at the Jungle Cruise or the Matterhorn. Most of Carsland was well built and could stand the test of time. Too bad the Swiss Family Treehouse couldn't be saved.

• Rock Star Minion

"Cars" is princesses for boys. Won't go out of style with boys, ever.
    (Barring ubiquitous flying cars, of course.)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• "The Musical Quil"

"We're still not done with Mr. Toad and his Wild Ride, and Mr. Toad is better known through his ride than his motion picture appearance."

This is exactly where this question came from.
    DJ JARVICIOUS
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Electro | Hip-Hop | Top 40 | Funky
    www.Facebook.com/DJJarvicious
    www.SoundCloud.com/DJJarvicious
    Instagram / Twitter: @DJJARVICIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    "Cars" is princesses for boys. Won't go out of style with boys, ever.
    (Barring ubiquitous flying cars, of course.)
    ^This^
    I'm a mom of boys and the Cars movies, the upcoming Planes, etc. are my children's Cinderella. We all remember our first, favorite Disney movie. And for little boys born between 2000 and now, it's Cars. Cinderella, Snow White and the princesses have been around a while and have not gone anywhere, Cars is here for good.

• a wind to shake the stars

You don't really need to know anything about Cars the movie to enjoy Cars the land. It might help a bit, but honestly it's just a desert town with cute talking cars.

Splash Mountain is a good reference, people love that ride even though the film that inspired it hasn't been available in America in decades.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast