Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Disney Buys Pixar for $7 BILLION

One Step Closer

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/060124/media...sney.html?.v=3

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The board of Walt Disney Co. (NYSE:DIS - News) has authorized Chief Executive Robert Iger to make an offer to buy Pixar Animation Studios Inc. (NasdaqNM:PIXR - News) and is expected to do so by Tuesday, a source familiar with the matter said late on Monday.

Pixar's board is expected to consider the offer on Tuesday as well, said the source, who did not disclose financial terms.

Pixar shares closed at $58.27 on Monday on Nasdaq, putting its market value at just under $7 billion. The shares have risen about 12 percent in the last month, partly on speculation that Disney would buy the computer animation company behind such hits as "Toy Story," "Finding Nemo" and "The Incredibles."

The Wall Street Journal has reported that Disney is considering an all-stock offer, which would make Pixar Chief Executive Steve Jobs its largest individual shareholder.

The Journal reported late on Monday that the offer under consideration would give Jobs, who has a controlling stake in Pixar, a set on the Disney board.

Disney shares closed 0.78 percent lower at $25.52.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    IMO, if they are going to re-do the Autopia it should be totally ripped apart, moved to DCA and that space should be used for a new Disneyland E-ticket.

Heck, move the Subs to the DCA Lagoon and you have enough room there for 2 new E-tickets.

Oh wait, will Screamin' fall in the water if they drain the DCA lagoon???
    YES!

Thank you ........... as long as it's called Disney's CALIFORNIA Adventure ... why not a very "Californian" tradition - cars, have an attraction in DCA?! There's nothing futuristic about Autopia in Tomorrowland ... so, ... at least I can dream.

Back on topic ...... I liked the nod at the end of the main article that said ... Pixar buys Disney for 7 billion.

Sounds more fitting ..... as Pixar has a set of standards that are more "Disney" than Disney has been in the last several years.

• On the Highway in the Sky

From Business Week Online this morning:
    Additional specifics about the deal aren't yet clear. As of late Jan. 23, the agreement still had to be approved by Pixar's board of directors, the sources say. Disney's board approved the transaction with the expectation that it could be announced on Jan. 24. The terms include giving Jobs an estimated 7% stake in Disney and letting Pixar's top creative executive, John Lasseter, have a key role in advising Disney in creative matters. It's expected that Pixar, which made such animated blockbusters for Disney as Toy Story, Monsters, Inc., and The Incredibles, would continue to work from its Northern California headquarters.

I have lamented the state of Disney animation over the past few years. I could not be happier about this news. - ESPECIALLY - if the organizational structure is such that animation returns to focusing on creativity rather than bureaucracy.

• Minion

Well, the announcement has been made on wall street that it will be a strait stock swap... (makeing it easy...) Oh, and there is a MASSIVE effort to incorporate Pixar Culture into Disney... Pixar is effectively running the entire animation studio... (Like they weren't before?!?!?)
    Check out my other blog:

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

What I like is the LA Times link on the Miceage main page...about Lasseter...

Pixar Executive Vice President John Lasseter will be become chief creative officer of the animation studios and principal creative adviser at Walt Disney Imagineering, which designs and builds the company's theme parks.
    Now I dont know who is getting bumped in WDI for him to get this spot (and if this is one of those positions with merit or not) but I'm happy about that prospect.

• Former Epcot CM

Don Goodman? Marty Sklar? Lasseter needs to sort that Hamburger woman out. Darn Snow White show, hmph. Get Barnette Ricci back in, I say.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Banned User

Prepare for a Bold New Era for the Walt Disney Company! Biggest news since Micheal Eisner and Frank Wells came on board in 1984 and totally revamped the company.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

AOL News is now saying its done but take that with a grain of salt.
    http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/business/...00010000000001

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    AOL News is now saying its done but take that with a grain of salt.
    http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/business/...00010000000001
    None needed. The announcement is on Pixar's corporate web site:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18395
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• Here to change the world

This is phenominal news particularly if Lassiter will have oversight at Imagineering!

It sounds like sooooo much money (and it is in principal - it is an all stock deal) but this looks like a bargain compared to Eisner's purchase of Fox Family/Saban Entertainment.

I am very excited!!!!!!!!
    The Mur

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

While I was at lunch, I took a walk by the Pixar studios and got some pictures of it. I will post them later tonight. The area is a media circus as I was there when the announcement came out about Pixar and Disney. Normally there is a lot of activity on the Pixar grounds with people milling around, relaxing under Pixar's many trees, playing soccer in the field in front of the studios, or sitting reading a book on one of its benches. Today the area was empty with the exception of a full parking lot and several news trucks and vans.

I was fortunate enough to bump into one of the employees at Pixar while I was out buying my lunch (before the announcement) and asked her what she thought of it (we were in line at KFC trying to kill time). What she told me was that most everyone she knows there really has no opinion about it. She said that if Pixars BOD approves Disney's offer, they don't expect anything major to change. They will be keeping thier jobs, it will be the same bosses, the same building, so they aren't too excited by it.

I'll post the pictures tonight when I get home.

• SM - 14 TIMES! DLAND!!!

Disney Buys Pixar

I just read on cnn.com that Disney has botten Pixar. Pixar's president owns Apple and has put ABC shows like Lost and Desperate Housewives on IPODS. It also talks about new Disney/Pixar movies coming out in the years to come. Check it out.

http://money.cnn.com/2006/01/24/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."

¡Quédese sentó por favor!

• Banned User

Re: Disney Buys Pixar

No Way!!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie
    While I was at lunch, I took a walk by the Pixar studios and got some pictures of it. I will post them later tonight. The area is a media circus as I was there when the announcement came out about Pixar and Disney. Normally there is a lot of activity on the Pixar grounds with people milling around, relaxing under Pixar's many trees, playing soccer in the field in front of the studios, or sitting reading a book on one of its benches. Today the area was empty with the exception of a full parking lot and several news trucks and vans.

I was fortunate enough to bump into one of the employees at Pixar while I was out buying my lunch (before the announcement) and asked her what she thought of it (we were in line at KFC trying to kill time). What she told me was that most everyone she knows there really has no opinion about it. She said that if Pixars BOD approves Disney's offer, they don't expect anything major to change. They will be keeping thier jobs, it will be the same bosses, the same building, so they aren't too excited by it.

I'll post the pictures tonight when I get home.
    Yeah, I think the Emeryville Studio will for the most part stay in tact... There will likely be some changes, like stepping up production. But this was planned already... I think you may see that plan accelarate a little.

Circle 7 is sweating bullets, I bet...

Yeah, the Pixar BOD approved it. The announcement is official...
    Check out my other blog:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast